Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Alpine CDA-9855 Head Unit

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Alpine CDA-9855 Head Unit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Alpine CDA-9855 Head Unit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $475.00
Average Price: $295.00
Manufacturer: Alpine
Recommended?
Yes: 6 / No: 0

Since its introduction, Alpine CDA 9855 CD Player really brings the best out of my system. I just installed one in my car. It is the top of the line Alpine for "05". It is easily one of the best headunits out there. Alpine CDA 9855 sounds perfectly clear and the display is very bright and easy to see in the sun. It has built in active crossovers as well as a graphic and parametric equalizer. Glidetouch takes a minute to get used to but it makes it much easier and faster to go through the menu's. It is also i-personalize compatable to make it easier to adjust the equalizer and time correction. Overall i highly recommend this Alpine CDA 9855 headunit, you won't be disapointed. It runs about $500 from an authorized Alpine dealer.
This head unit keeps everything in check without needing a processor or passive EQ and the sound Quality is AMAZING even running through the Onboard Amplifier! Alpine CDA 9855 is an awesome addition to any car audio system and can be had at reasonable prices. Great cd play, it plays most all my cd's even if they are scratched. The Alpine CDA 9855 bbe is good, and i like playing with teh high and low pass filters, sub-level control comes in very useful with my 4-MA 12's, it does skip and stuff when i het big bumps and i have to pop it out of teh dash at sound compititions cause my bass makes it skip.
Alpine CDA 9855 bbe and the sub level is great, the pass filters are good. it is a powerful unit, 60w x 4 is huge, bigger than anything else. Alpine CDA 9855 is somewhat expensive even at alittle discount when it first came out. Would recommend to most.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bbusch

bbusch's Reviews

01-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: All around great unit, is now a classic.
Cons: CDs can get stuck at times in the player, also old iPod tech means the touch bar is a bit slow to pull a particular song off the iPod.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Classic unit!

Had mine since 2005 and have been very happy with the unit. Unavailable new anymore you can still occasionally find a unit in good shape on eBay. 4V pre outs to six channels make this a full audio system choice for those more tuned to the audiophile world.

*edit
Yes I would recommend this unit to a friend tho the review says otherwise.

Myusername1674

Web Wheeler
Myusername1674's Reviews
12-21-2011, 11:32 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Ipod hookup, aux hookup, good power
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For starters, they didnt have the actual head unit i have listed in here, mine is an Alpine CDE-122. So i am rating for this product.

XJMcPhee
XJMcPhee's Reviews
04-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Nice Display, Supports iPod
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Im not sure as to the specific model of my Alpine Head Unit, but it isnt listed. it has a blue glow with a 2'' LCD display. It supports all iPod's which is nice.

westy1989
westy1989's Reviews

03-09-2009, 08:25 PM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: does a good job for what i use it for. i like it lots and it is a good unit

Haik

supaJEEP
Haik's Reviews

05-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Pros: slider bar, tripple preout, takes the beats well in a jeep
Cons: it's old, now... outdated model.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was a great head unit at the time, plays mp3's and has ipod connectivity if you buy the cable for it, which kinda sucks actually... why can't they just make a front loaded jack for this stuff?

Doix

Doix's Reviews

04-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Price: $475.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Teriffic head unit. Goes great with the