Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > Audio Players > Alpine CDA-105

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Alpine CDA-105 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Audio Players Next Product

Alpine CDA-105

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $229.00
Average Price: $170.00
Manufacturer: Alpine
Recommended?
Yes: 24 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.alpine-usa.com

Alpine built the CDA-105 as a no-nonsense tone machine that will serve as your control center for even the most sophisticated audio system.

Impressive sound
Play your favorite CDs, or load up a disc with your favorite MP3, WMA, and AAC files. Pack a USB flash drive to the brim for even more options. Whatever your source, Alpine's digital-to-audio converter and impressive internal amplifier will do justice to your favorite driving music.

If you're into sound quality, Alpine's optional IMPRINT™ sound processor and KTX-100 tuning kit can transform your car into the perfect listening space. It uses a microphone to analyze the acoustics in your vehicle, then works with the CDA-105's MultEQ feature to adjust the receiver's output for the best possible audio performance.

Adding to your system
You'll get full control of your iPod® — even your iPhone™ — with Alpine's optional adapter cable. The CDA-105 offers three sets of preamp outputs for connecting amps and subs. You can add Alpine's Bluetooth® adapter for safer hands-free calling and audio streaming, or tap into satellite radio's wealth of entertainment with an optional tuner.

Add an HD Radio™ tuner for improved AM/FM sound quality — FM sounds almost like a CD, while AM sounds like traditional FM. And while your iPod's connected, you can even tag songs you hear on HD Radio stations for downloading later in iTunes™. You'll be reminded of the songs you tagged the next time you sync your iPod with your computer.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

VMM09060
VMM09060's Reviews

09-30-2014, 02:47 PM
Price: $199.99
Pros: iPod hookup
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm having trouble getting USB cable from stereo to glove box. I've read you need to drill but I don't know where to drill. Any help would be appreciated. 1997 Grand Cherokee here.

williamellison
williamellison's Reviews
09-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: sounds great
Cons: older model, needs a software update
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love it, but with newer iPods/iPhones, it won't recognize certain file types

Mudslide2
Mudslide2's Reviews
02-19-2012, 07:40 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Bluetooth, Ipod controller, and XM Satellite controls
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually have an CDA-117 installed with the Alpine KCE-400BT add on Bluetooth, this unit is awesome it has everything I want, the Bluetooth works seamlessly with my Droid Bionic cell phone, it controls my XM satellite radio receiver, charges and fully controls my IPOD, plus it is fully expandable when I upgrade my system with better speakers and amplifier. Even with my MT Tires and Magnaflow cat back exhaust the Bluetooth quality on both ends of the call is great and crystal clear.

LA-Sahara
LA-Sahara's Reviews
11-16-2011, 07:03 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Controls ipod Clear display Easily adjustable lots of accesories
Cons: Dosent work with pandora no remote
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My dad purchased this headunit and shortly after he did I got one for the jeep. You can scroll through songs and such using the headunit itself. 3 amp outputs on the back(front,rear,sub). USB located in back of radio. Sounds great!

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
07-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Excellent Radio
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent Radio for what I got it for, love the USB Ipod hookup and wired the ipod into the glovebox so its hidden

Playmaker
Playmaker's Reviews
02-17-2011, 10:30 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Good voice and bass
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Clean look and good quality

Fishinnick
Fishinnick's Reviews
02-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Price: $180.00
Pros: Looks good, sounds good and easy install. It is very user friendly. Pairs perfectly with the Alpine PDX-5 Amp.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks good, sounds good and an easy install. It is very user friendly. Pairs perfectly with the Alpine PDX-5 Amp.

boeingxtreme
boeingxtreme's Reviews
01-09-2011, 08:52 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: great radio, Love the ipod player
Recommended? Yes

Comments: retails for 200 or more! gave fifty dollars and cut the mans yard once and got the radio and a dash kit, still had the plastic on it. Love the thing and have my ipod concealed in the glove-box.

jeepboy3089
jeepboy3089's Reviews
11-20-2010, 09:24 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: nice sound quality love the usb drive
Cons: oem speakers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I baught the alpine deck for the jeep liberty only downside is you have to replace the oem speakers because if you turn it up too loud it will over load them

DallastheJeeper

DallastheJeeper's Reviews
11-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Price: $135.00
Pros: Sounds great and has alot of features
Cons: Needs a better equalizer
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sounds great and has alot of features but could use a better equalizer.

Fox01V
Fox01V's Reviews
05-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Price: $165.00
Pros: -charges and let me control my iPod
Cons: -hard to read sometimes in the sun
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I put this in when I installed my Tuffy overhead consol. It's a little hard to use at first, but when you get the hang of how to use the iPod controls you will like it.

OffRoad98
OffRoad98's Reviews
05-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Badass all around reciever!
Cons: none that i can think of....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Iv always been a big fan of Alpine products. When it came time to replace my factory TJ radio i looked no further. I have the Sirius ALP-10T sat radio reciever paired up with this unit and it works flawlessly!

rayden448
rayden448's Reviews
04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Pros: Easy to install with Crutchfield adapter and easy to use all the features.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Exellent CD receiver. Has been in the Jeep for a few months now and not a single problem so far. Really improved the over all sound. Love that you can control your Ipod from the head unit.

ktreem16
ktreem16's Reviews

03-15-2010, 01:21 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: iPod integration, ease of installation, price, ease of use
Cons: Scrolling through iPod could jump a little further
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I opted for this unit from crutchfield.com and was able to get it for $199 which included the iPod cable, wiring harness, and dash kit. It took me quite a while to get everything back together because I figured while I had the dash apart I may as well do a massive cleaning, but the actual installation was quick and easy. I love that my iPod is now hardwired into the stereo and sounds excellent even with stock speakers. The display is nice and simple but I like it. Also am looking to sell the stock RBK cd player to recoup some of the cost, but overall excellent purchase.

ZJ4LIFE
ZJ4LIFE's Reviews
03-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Price: $189.00
Pros: it works
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well it as it all, you can control your subs and other basic needs, usb port,ipod cable and all the usual Alpine . i did have issues with loading cd's it may have been my fault, having a beer in one hand the cd in the other and my knee on the steering, i use to own pioneer's and eclipes audio equipment.
in the end its your money!

kolky

kolky's Reviews
01-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Price: $149.00
Pros: Great sound, reasonable price, I-pod connectivity
Cons: Some artist and song titles get cut off due to small one line display.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very good unit for the price. Looks great and controls are not too hard to figure out. Ecellent expandability with three amp outputs, blue tooth, and HD radio.

Apples

Apples's Reviews
01-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Pros: Easy iPod interface. iPod connects to the rear of the unit allowing storage in glove box
Cons: Would love to see artist, song, clock all at same time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was diligent about reviewing other products. This was the only one that had iPod access in the back and easy controls to navigate menu's

YJhobby

YJhobby's Reviews

01-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: Looks great, sounds amazing
Cons: iPod controls take some getting used to... display is very basic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought one of these new off eBay and installed it without any issues. sound quality is amazing, and with 6 preamp outs it has the ability to be expanded on if the sound needs a boost when "topless". The iPod controls take some getting used to, and are not user-friendly in the bumpy Jeep, but as soon as you make a mistake its easy to correct.

It says you need a separate USB connector from them to run an iPod, but I just used the white one that came with my ipod and have zero issues. I love this thing cause the ipod music picks up right where it left off when I shut off the ignition, provided I don't unplug it. I play my playlists anyway so there is minimal fumbling with buttons once its going.

The unit looks great and the switchable blue/red "six pack" of buttons is fun to play with. The buttons are blue, so in the daytime you see a funky blueish red but at night it looks all red if you select that particular illumination display...pretty cool.

The display is perfect for what I need: to know what is going on... but if you like to stare at your stereo and read everything, then you may be disappointed, but I think its nice and simplistic

97zjjeep
97zjjeep's Reviews
09-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Price: $199.99
Pros: you can hook an ipod up to it, good sound,
Cons: settings are hard 2 get used too, screen isnt very nice
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it a lot of someone who knows how to use settings and dosent car a lot about screen quality.

2001TJstudent
2001TJstudent's Reviews
09-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Price: $199.00
Pros: look, compatibility, design
Cons: does not charge iphone but still plays the music on it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great addition to my 2001 TJ looks great and would definetly recommend it!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »