Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > GPS > Garmin StreetPilot i5

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Garmin StreetPilot i5 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product GPS Next Product

Garmin StreetPilot i5

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $700.00
Average Price: $499.66
Manufacturer: Garmin
Recommended?
Yes: 3 / No: 0

Ready to go right out-of-the-box, StreetPilot i5 comes preloaded with detailed maps of North America and is the newest member of the i-series StreetPilots—a line of small, inexpensive automotive GPS navigators that make driving fun.

No larger than a baseball and priced affordably, the StreetPilot i-series is destined to be a hit for commuters, college students, and corporate travelers who are looking to experience the ease and enjoyment of GPS satellite navigation for the first time.

Don’t let the size fool you: The StreetPilot i-series has many of the same powerful capabilities as our other premium automotive GPS navigators.

The i-series features a unique and convenient click-to-enter scroll wheel and a “back” button which makes it easy to select a destination from the unit’s menu-driven interface. The i2, i3, and i5 include 3-D map graphics, and provide voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions through a built-in speaker. These units will also automatically put drivers back on course if they miss a turn. Easily move them from vehicle to vehicle with an integrated suction cup mount.

StreetPilot i5 comes preloaded with detailed maps of City Navigator North America NT, which features full coverage of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico—including nearly six million points of interest like gas stations, ATMs, hotels, restaurants, and attractions. Like the i2 and i3, it also comes with removable TransFlash™ data storage capability.

As an added benefit, you can now import customized points of interest with the help of Garmin's free POI Loader software. The possibilities are endless — upload safety cameras or school zones, and you will receive a warning if you are traveling too fast. In addition, an optional proximity-alert feature notifies you of upcoming custom POIs.

The i3 and i5 feature a 32k-color, sunlight readable TFT display with backlight, while the i2 features a high-contrast backlit FSTN monochrome display. Motorists can choose from either a three-dimensional mapping perspective, or overhead “bird’s eye” view. For added convenience, drivers can power the unit with either two AA batteries (six hours, typical use) or the included 12-volt adapter cable.

StreetPilot i5 Features:

* WAAS-enabled, 12 parallel channel GPS patch antenna with MCX-type connector for optional external antenna
* Unit dimensions: 3.00” W x 2.74” H x 2.15” D
* StreetPilot i5 display: 1.7” W x 1.3” H, 220 x 176 pixels, TFT color, backlight display
* Weighs only 5.3 oz. (without batteries; includes vehicle suction cup mount)
* Audible and visual navigation instructions and warnings
* Features scroll wheel with click-to-enter, making it quick & easy to navigate
* Offers a three dimensional mapping perspective, or 2-D overhead view
* Battery life: up to 6 hours typical use on two AA batteries (7 hours maximum)
* Includes removable 12-volt power adapter cable for external power while in your vehicle
* Includes a vehicle suction cup mount which allows for easy adjustment and quick release
* USB Interface
* Built-in Flash memory for storing preloaded map data

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

JFiorentino

JFiorentino's Reviews

04-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Garmin StreetPilot i5
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My specific model is actucally the Street Pilot Color III. Works great.

94YJEEPER
94YJEEPER's Reviews

03-26-2008, 08:55 PM
Garmin StreetPilot i5
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty Good

stevensinger

stevensinger's Reviews

09-21-2006, 09:00 PM
Garmin StreetPilot i5
Price: $348.99
Pros: Easy to use, Very small, Works very well.
Cons: Maybe to small for some people.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love it, I have bought it for two other people as gifts Great product. Its gets me everywhere. Even if i know how to get somewhere it is good cause i find new ways of going.