Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > GPS > Garmin Quest

Black Friday Sale!!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Garmin Quest Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
GPS Next Product

Garmin Quest

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $399.00
Average Price: $256.13
Manufacturer: Garmin
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 0

Portability meets capability in the pocket-sized Garmin Quest™. This easy-to-use unit is loaded with the high-end navigation features from our most popular GPS navigators, and best of all, it's portable. So, you can use it in multiple vehicles — or slip it in your pocket for handy street-level directions when you're navigating on foot.

From salespeople to summer vacationers, Quest's features are sure to please:

* Automatic routing with turn-by-turn directions and voice guidance to get you where you're going
* High-speed processor means fast automatic off-route and detour recalculation
* Rechargeable internal lithium-ion battery that provides up to 20 hours of use
* USB data connection for fast map downloads from Garmin's entire line of MapSource DVDs
* 256-color, bright, sunlight-readable display makes it easy to view turn-by-turn instructions and map detail

Smaller than a standard television remote, the Quest provides an ample screen viewing area, but it won’t demand a lot of room on the dashboard or in the briefcase. The unique antenna folds flush with the unit when not in use and users can connect an optional external antenna as well.

The unit ships with fully unlocked MapSource® City Select® DVDs, which provide full coverage of the entire United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico (North America version) or major metropolitan areas throughout Western Europe (Europe version). For weekend warriors who want to use the unit on a camping or fishing trip, the Quest is waterproof and fully compatible with the entire line of MapSource outdoor cartography. With 115 megabytes of internal memory, this small-but-powerful GPS navigator has plenty of built-in map storage. So, in a pocket or on your dash, Quest gives you the freedom to travel light — with lots of map detail at your fingertips.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

jpnut
jpnut's Reviews
04-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Price: $225.00
Pros: adapted to a Jeep Trail Quest mount. Looks factory
Cons: Like all electronics, age
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Functions as well as a factory optioned Trail Quest.

Takota
Takota's Reviews

10-13-2008, 12:45 AM
Garmin Quest
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually it's the Quest 2 and I recommend it for city, but not necessarily for the backwoods although Garmin would sell you differently! One of the best I have found for backwoods is the 60 csx!

PolishXJ
PolishXJ's Reviews

05-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Garmin Quest
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this little GPS great for city and even better for offroad use with easy to read color topos, and also will fit on the dash of the post 96 interior style of the XJ without hitting window glass.. not the same was true of my Garmin GPSMAP76CS

thephantum

thephantum's Reviews

04-30-2008, 07:33 AM
Garmin Quest
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's actually a Quest II. I bought it to replace my old GPS V (which is now in my wifes Jeep). So far, I like it.

av8tr

av8tr's Reviews

04-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Garmin Quest
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been able to find every trail with this unit. Enables topo map installation. Very easy to understand.

odrat75
odrat75's Reviews

04-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Garmin Quest
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: been a great addition for years

GoDevilGper
GoDevilGper's Reviews

04-04-2008, 04:38 PM
Garmin Quest
Price: $399.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Yet again my unit is not listed. I'm running GPS II (old style you have to use in conjucntion with a topo map) Yet again its never failed me in the 13 years I've had it. If anything its more accurate since they lifted the 100 ft diameter scrambler that the gov use to use.

gr8tops

Vendor
gr8tops's Reviews

03-28-2008, 02:31 PM
Garmin Quest
Price: $250.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: yep

PhatJeeps
PhatJeeps's Reviews

08-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Garmin Quest
Price: $325.00
Pros: Small form-factor means you can take it with you (dont leave a gps in your truck--it wont last cause thieves will take it)
Cons: Not as accurate and easy to use as some of the $1000+ units.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the Quest. It is small enough to carry in a pocket and yet it has enough memory to take you cross-country! Voice prompts make warning and instructions a snap! You can customize everything from the voice itself to the splash screen with the Garmin free downloads. External antenna connector means improved accuracy and reliable signal during storms and while under overpasses, etc. WAAS is a plus! Best bang for the buck and easy to use.

* GPS accuracy: 15 meters or less in normal GPS mode, 3 meters or less when WAAS-enabled
* Internal memory: 115 megabyte internal memory (U.S. only) for loading MapSource detail including marine BlueChart and topographic cartography
* Antenna: integrated flip-up GPS patch antenna
* Voice prompts for navigation instructions and warnings using 12-volt speaker (included)
* Unit dimensions: 4.5"W x 2.2"H x .9"D
* Display: 2.2"W x 1.5"H, 256-color, high resolution, transflective TFT (160 x 240 pixels) with backlighting
* Weight: 5.5 ounces
* Battery: Internal Li-ion battery, 1050mAh
* Battery life: up to 20 hours (typical use)
* Basemap: includes a built-in Americas or Atlantic autoroute basemap with automatic routing capabilities
* MapSource compatibility: Compatible with most MapSource products. See the product compatibility table (top, right) for a list of products that Garmin recommends with this software.
* Waterproof: IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (submersible in one meter of water for up to 30 mins.)
* Waypoints: 500 user waypoints with name, category, comment, and graphic symbol
* Track log: 10,000 point automatic track log lets you retrace your path
* Additional navigation features:
o Route Planner lets you save 50 routes, specify via points, and preview turns
o Auto sort multiple destinations to provide an efficient route for deliveries and sales calls
o Customizable road segment and area avoidance
o Fast automatic off-route and detour recalculation
o "One-Button Home" feature quickly routes you home no matter where you are