Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > GPS > Garmin nuvi 200

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Garmin nuvi 200 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product GPS Next Product

Garmin nuvi 200

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $230.00
Average Price: $148.50
Manufacturer: Garmin
Recommended?
Yes: 17 / No: 0

Street smart and ultra-cool, you can count on nüvi 200 to get you there on time and in style. This sleek navigator and travel companion comes with preloaded maps for the lower 48 states, Hawaii and Puerto Rico or regional coverage in other areas. For more mapping options, check out the transatlantic nüvi 270 or nüvi 250. Like the rest of the nüvi 200-series, nüvi 200 is affordably priced and simple to use.

Navigate With Ease

nüvi 200 comes preloaded with City Navigator® NT map data for the continental U.S., Hawaii and Puerto Rico (no Alaska or Canada detail) or one European region or country (click versions tab to view all). Simply touch the color sunlight-readable screen to enter a destination, and nüvi takes you there with 2D or 3D maps and turn-by-turn voice directions. In addition, nüvi 200 accepts custom points of interest (POIs) such as school zones and safety cameras and lets you set proximity alerts to warn you of upcoming POIs.

Take It With You

Like the rest of the nüvi 200-series, nüvi 200 sports a sleek, slim design and fits comfortably in your pocket or purse. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery makes it convenient for navigation by car or foot.

Go Beyond Navigation

Navigation is just the beginning. nüvi 200 includes many travel tools including JPEG picture viewer, world travel clock with time zones, currency converter, measurement converter, calculator and more. It also comes with Garmin Lock™, an anti-theft feature, and configurable vehicle icons that let you select car-shaped graphics to show your location on the map. Optional plug-in SD cards let you add additional features. Purchase Garmin Travel Guides for detailed data on attractions and our SaversGuide® for information on nearby merchants offering discounts to customize nüvi for your travel needs.

nüvi 200: It's a whole nü way to travel.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

GruntMarine
GruntMarine's Reviews
12-21-2010, 07:57 PM
Price: $180.00
Pros: works great around town
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nothing bad about it, i use it a lot

martini_thief
martini_thief's Reviews
01-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: Pawnshop price, Speedometer, Easy to use
Cons: GPS sat. tracking sucks. Old POI's, Small Screen
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Don't get me wrong, it gets me where I don't know where to go. However sometimes it takes the least sensible way to get places. Also, never trust the POI's, I used one once and it took me 40min away... and there was nothing there. It works great it you have the address of where you are trying to go. The Speedometer is very accurate and now I rarely look down to check my speed on the dash. It's screen is plenty bright, yet small. The suction mount pops off the windshield if it gets hot or cold to fast. If I didn't pay next to nothing for it I would have bought something far better. I really liked my old Tomtom 910.. untill someone else decided they liked it more, and stole it.

In the end ANY GPS unit is better then no GPS unit ... so yeah, I recommend it.

BullandTerrier
BullandTerrier's Reviews
10-28-2009, 02:06 AM
Price: $200.00
Pros: small and portable
Cons: customer support isn't great/ discontinued.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it does its job. I recommend an uprated one though.

KMD

KMD's Reviews
08-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Price: $149.00
Pros: very accurate. Small easy to see and mount.
Cons: updates are 100 bucks
Recommended? Yes

Comments: can be had cheaper now,recommend the wide screen version that is out now. recommends yearly updates that are pricey.

warrior_oh58d
warrior_oh58d's Reviews

01-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it works really really well, i need the new update maps but i love this thing

rschorr
rschorr's Reviews

01-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for the Price! Does not say Street names and does not come with cord to sync with your computer.

YJNutt
YJNutt's Reviews

10-16-2008, 08:25 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $169.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for city driving. It will get you there in either shortest route or quickest time, which seems to bet the same to me. I have not tried it off road yet but I think it has a option for it.

cherokeed96
cherokeed96's Reviews

10-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $35.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Nightdrv
Nightdrv's Reviews

09-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $140.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love everything about this little guy. Rechargeable, I can take it in my pocket, or mount it to my bike. Only has one downside, as far as I care. No Altitude measurement!

WVUJeeper

WVUJeeper's Reviews

08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $125.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It works, but does not have enough space for the map updates. I had to delete the languages to get the update to install.

2drcherokee
2drcherokee's Reviews

08-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $150.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: where to begin. this product will help you out of a paper bag if you needed it to. so many options. it is a great addition to anyone who does lots of driving

wolfepack215

wolfepack215's Reviews

07-20-2008, 11:11 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got what I wanted for X-mas.... Works great, about 97% accurate.(updates are available though). Love the "find" feature, for restaurants, gas, etc.

CO98TJ

CO98TJ's Reviews

07-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Garmin nuvi 200
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I replaced my Alpine Blackbird with this unit and am much happier overall with this although it does not have all the functionality of the Blackbird,it DOES however do what I need much better!

Smittie
Smittie's Reviews

04-23-2008, 09:03 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $178.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good on road nav system. Even does a fair job off road.

2002Jeepdad

2002Jeepdad's Reviews

04-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Garmin nuvi 200
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Wife won it in the "Roll Up Thr Rim To Win" from Tim Hortons Coffee! YeeHaw

08jk
08jk's Reviews

04-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $230.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product out of the box
very easy to use large display(nuvi200w) would have liked to had breadcrumb/tracking feature though

CMARJEEP

CMARJEEP's Reviews

02-27-2008, 11:47 PM
Garmin nuvi 200
Price: $149.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great unit for the price. Very easy to use. Take it out of the box and turn it on.