Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > GPS > Garmin GPSMAP60

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussVANCO DUAL MODE KNUCKLE 15" and 16" Big Brake ki

Garmin GPSMAP60 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product GPS Next Product

Garmin GPSMAP60

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $600.00
Average Price: $340.57
Manufacturer: Garmin
Recommended?
Yes: 14 / No: 0

Backwoods, boundary waters, blue highways — the GPSMAP 60 is your trusted guide to the great outdoors. The GPSMAP 60 and its counterpart, the GPS 60, are packed with several of the features found in the 60-series color navigators, but sport an affordable, high-resolution monochrome display for outdoor enthusiasts on a budget.

Get Rugged Navigation

The robust, waterproof GPSMAP 60 is the perfect, low-cost navigator for wherever your spirit of adventure takes you:

Built-in basemap with automatic routing capabilities to guide you, turn-by-turn, with tone prompts to your destination
Large, sunlight-readable, four-level grayscale display with bright LED backlight makes it easy to find your way, day or night
28 hours of battery life for more hours of outdoor enjoyment
WAAS-enabled for even more precise location and navigation
Both serial and USB connections for fast and versatile connection to your computer
Get Fun-filled Features

GPSMAP 60 has 24 megabytes (MB) of internal memory for storing marine, topo and city street maps from optional MapSource® mapping software. Just find the place you want to go to, and the GPSMAP 60 can route you there, on roads or off. The GPSMAP 60 also offers special geocaching features, indoor and outdoor games, an alarm clock, sunrise/sunset and moon phase tables, optimal hunting and fishing times — plus much more.

GPSMAP 60: Making it easy to navigate the great outdoors.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

SavannahJeep

SavannahJeep's Reviews
03-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: Didn't have my product...actually Garmin GPS "V", but this is similar. Garmin is God's point of view...
Cons: Doesn't have the Hubble Telescope built in...J/K, no probs so far, haven't gotten lost yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The Garmin GPS "V" is an old school GPS that is worth the money if you get your hands on one... doubles as a handheld when not mounted in your car. Get 'er Done.

kash

kash's Reviews
12-25-2009, 02:56 AM
Price: $258.00
Pros: User friendly, portable
Cons: Small buttons, doesnt charge while plugged in
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this GPS unit. It's portability is a key function I needed, I switch it out from my XJ to my boat. It tracks well and is user friendly. The buttons could be somewhat larger and if it charged itself while plugged in would be a plus, but overall, its a great unit. The battery usage while unplugged is fair. Here in PA during summer months the tree cover is dense and I've never really had a problem receiving satellite signal. I would recommend this GPS.

GoldenP51

GoldenP51's Reviews

05-14-2008, 12:31 AM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $220.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love my GPSMap 60C. I also got an antenna for the Jeep which increases the number of satellites it picks up and allows me to place it anywhere in the Jeep without having to worry about signal. Great product for inside and outside of the Jeep.

RedMountainYJ
RedMountainYJ's Reviews

05-02-2008, 04:56 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have the Color Model (60c). Totally Awesome. Everyone should have some type of GPS. Completely indespencible.

vfrpilot
vfrpilot's Reviews

04-30-2008, 11:43 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $300.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm into geocaching / hiking / climbing & bought this, my 3rd - years ago before eveyone had em'

R. Potts

R. Potts's Reviews

04-22-2008, 03:18 AM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Garmin 60CSX is great, I have both the Street and Topo maps installed. I love it!

aaron1981
aaron1981's Reviews

04-16-2008, 06:06 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best hand held I've every had

RubiRock
RubiRock's Reviews

04-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 60CSx.
Great GPS

tjteo

tjteo's Reviews

04-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $500.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: CSX

jeepngolf
jeepngolf's Reviews

04-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent mapping unit

sveipe
sveipe's Reviews

04-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $280.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

sergeantspud
sergeantspud's Reviews

03-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $350.00
Pros: Very accurate (down to 8 meters) Bright Display No problems with losing a signal
Cons: Little bulky... but thats comparing to a cell phone and ipod. For a gps I guess its average
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the GPSmap 60CSx which is the color version. The original base map sucks so I got the us Topo 2008 and it covers everywhere in the US with a lot of detail. I also have Mapsource US topo (the old one) Dont get it, the maps are way outdated and there isnt very much detail.

Overall, Im glad got it dont know what I would do without it now. 10/10

default_user
It's a Roobicon
default_user's Reviews

02-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Originally bought for hiking and backpacking and installed topo maps, mounted on the dash for daily use. Unit acquires signal quickly and is very accurate. Speed information is reliable and usually easier to see than the speedometer. Great dual purpose unit.

CMARJEEP

CMARJEEP's Reviews

02-27-2008, 11:48 PM
Garmin GPSMAP60
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great trail unit. Has ability to upload maps and is fairly easy to use. Very accurate. Could use a little more memory. I dont see the need for color so this unit suits my needs.