Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > GPS > Alpine / Mopar RB1 Factory Navigation Unit

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Alpine / Mopar RB1 Factory Navigation Unit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product GPS Next Product

Alpine / Mopar RB1 Factory Navigation Unit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,995.00
Average Price: $666.06
Manufacturer: Alpine / Mopar
Recommended?
Yes: 20 / No: 1

The RB1 is a single unit in-dash AM/FM/CD/Navigation Radio. It was released as a Mopar accessory for Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep vehicles in November 2002. The unit features a 4.1 inch (actual size) navigation screen and is DVD based. It uses just one disc for all of the U.S. and parts of Canada, and features turn-by-turn directions with voice prompts. Also featured is a single slot CD player with CD changer controls. The RB1 has a built-in fan on the rear for heat dissipation. Sirius Satellite Radio® capable. The MSRP for the RB1 package is $1595. (Author note: they can be found on Ebay for ~$550 NEW with warranties from dealers around N. America).

The RB1 Navigation Radio is designed for selected 2002 and later model Chrysler vehicles, but will also fit some earlier models including all WJ's. The RB1 is available as a factory installed option on 2004 Grand Cherokee models (except Laredo 2WD), as well as on many other 2004 Chrysler vehicles (see list below). It appears that all of the factory installed RB1 systems include the remote 10-disc CD changer as part of the option package.

The RB1 will NOT work in vehicles outside of North America. No maps have been available other than for the U.S. and Canada. There are no future plans to offer maps for other countries. A model RB3 us offered in European countries. See Models RB3/RB4 for more information.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

OverG
OverG's Reviews
01-30-2011, 12:33 PM
Price: $750.00
Pros: Built in, bullet proof
Cons: Nav discs expensive and upgrades minimal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed with Sirius radio in my 2003 Rubicon without any problems. Just easily added Parrot MKi9200 Bluetooth using www.quickconnectproducts.com QCCHJ-1 Chrysler Dodge Jeep Parrot Adaptor Harness and all works flawlessly with my iPhone 4.

stingray66
stingray66's Reviews
03-10-2010, 07:36 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: works great nice navigation with Sirius built in
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed the RB1 5 years ago and has been working great Navigation works great
and having Sirius built in is really nice and have enjoyed it a lot
one of the best upgrades I have done

kyleroth1
kyleroth1's Reviews
09-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Price: $485.00
Pros: vast phone book. improved sound over stock head unit.
Cons: not many
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product. The only thing I would add would be dedicated RCA inputs for an auxiliary device such as an iPod or portable DVD player.

vilseck21

vilseck21's Reviews
06-13-2009, 03:47 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: This thing is awsome, has a huge screen, can find just about anyplace and had the phone number of rinkydinky shops, and restraunts. The factory sirius kits works amazing with it.
Cons: CANT USE A CD WHILE IN NAV MODE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love it, it fits right, looks right, and feels right. The voice is a soft girls voice. Its sirius unit works well with it. I love this thing

xantasm
xantasm's Reviews
06-07-2009, 05:50 AM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Display screen, in dash GPS, sattelite radio capable, ipod capable, aux capable, CD changer capable, OEM oval face plate matches to dash bezels with oval opening for radio
Cons: GPS requires use of factory map DVD's, player does not play DVD's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased mine used on ebay for 500. The GPS function of this radio is very detailed and the female voice directions are in my opinion less annoying than the one used for Tom Tom or Sprint GPS. The display screen starts with brand specific chrysler, dodge, or jeep logo depending on the vehicle its mounted in if using a newer vehicle. The sound and tone adjustments are very nice in that you are provided with a display image and menu selection of treble, bass, fade, and balance. This radio although liscensed for Mopar is actually an Alpine and the sound quality is reflective of being an Alpine. With the Mopar Ipod adapter, mopar sirius or xm sattelite adapter, or mopar cd changer artist and song info are displayed on the scree. If the proper adapter is used songs from a source such as an Ipod can be selected by artist, album, genre, or playlist either alpabetically or sequentially. This radio provides a very diverse and full music experince for a jeep while retaining the OEM look.

GOTROX
GOTROX's Reviews

03-12-2009, 10:47 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Recommended? No

Comments: This is a decent Radio with a single CD changer. GPS function is fine for getting drections in town. GPS is not the best off road. Limited by not having PC interface, downloadable maps, etc.

Libtekguy

Libtekguy's Reviews

02-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Price: $430.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got a brand new one for $400 off eBay. Works well, has a nice factory look, don't have to worry about hiding it at night. Not as user friendly as a Garmin but it does have dead reckoning and a cool "Trail" (Breadcrum) feature.

tfgnt16

tfgnt16's Reviews

12-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Price: $800.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Accurate navigation unit. Does lack some functionality like Bluetooth and built in map data.

mog1017
mog1017's Reviews

11-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent. Love everything about it. So far haven't found any issues. Love the ability to look up telephone numbers as well.

jackson21259
jackson21259's Reviews

10-30-2008, 12:54 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I Love it, it is the greatest thing since sliced bread................................!!!!!!!!!!

pcjeeper
pcjeeper's Reviews

09-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Price: $600.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just bought it off ebay, love it with the exception of have to load the navigation disc in every time u want to use it

dendrophobe

dendrophobe's Reviews

08-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Price: $516.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install, except one thing: the bracket requires that you cut away part of the plastic behind the bezel, and then drill through a metal bar... It's hidden, but I hate doing that to my Jeep. The unit works great though, except won't show song titles for the radio.

Bogus1

Bogus1's Reviews

05-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Came installed when I bought the Jeep. Disks are rather expensive though. System supports Satellite radio and CD changer

BrokerDon
BrokerDon's Reviews

05-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Price: $700.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: AWESOME plug 'n play installation with GREAT optional Mopar anti-theft rear bracket.

Dragon158
Dragon158's Reviews

04-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Turn bu turn works well.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very Happy with this GPS.

bobby john'son_asd-d!
bobby john'son_asd-d!'s Reviews

04-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Price: $33.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 333

comesahorseman
comesahorseman's Reviews

03-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Price: $1,995.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's the MyGiG and believe it or not I have Wrangled (get it? ) the current Nav release and, Gracenote ( 2 cd's ) Wife can view video's while I drive ( one wire ) and it really comes with VR, they just don't tell you. You need a mic from Amerus.

white wj
white wj's Reviews

11-10-2007, 04:54 PM
Pros: custom look, steering wheel controls, cd changer, uconnect, song artist & simple to program
Cons: no rear view camera, no new cd firm ware
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Upgrading the RB1 with uconnect, displays the incoming phone number or name of caller, signal strength etc. broadens its capabilities. To bad this unit can't be retrofitted for a rear view camera display. Great for trips.

commodore_dude

commodore_dude's Reviews

06-24-2007, 02:24 PM
Pros: OEM look, full Sirius info, ipod compatibility
Cons: Outlook for new map updates, inconsistent POI info
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I primarily purchased this to maintain a stock look while getting GPS and title/artist info for Sirius. Wasn't too bad to install, the most annoying part was having to purchase extra pieces to get full Sirius info... I ended up purchasing the Sirius CD Changer install kit from a WJ as well as the Sirius Title/Artist cable made specifically for this purpose... almost $200 in extra parts. At least I now have the capability to add a cd changer later (you can't play a cd and use GPS at the same time, as it requires the nav dvd to be loaded), and also the iPod adapter if I desired. Overall the interface is pretty slick, it's been mostly accurate (couple of issues when there are several parallel roads but nothing major), I just worry about how long Navtech is going to keep making update discs for it (uses the same disc as the WK nav system at least, so that should help). If you're looking for an in-dash GPS that thieves hopefully won't find too tempting, I recommend it.

table

table's Reviews

10-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Price: $613.00
Pros: Factory Look, great "Trail" function
Cons: Still somewhat expensive, model becoming older, not that many POI
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had it now for about a month, and only used it on short trips. Took it to some apple orchards (say: classic NoVA wheeling) this weekend and used the trail function to map my way back out... worked pretty good, and saves the trails for later use.

The main reason I purchased this was the factory look. It's compatbile with all 02-04 WJ's with no adapters and 99-01's with an adapter. Installation is easy and takes about an hour. Took me 2 hours, because I had to route the CD changer cable back to the 10-disc changer. The navigation function is simple and clear, just be sure to adjust the direction voice volume or you might blow those inferior WJ dash tweeters.

A quick search on here or JU for "GPS" and/or "Navigation" will give you some other's views on this unit as well as some great installation tips. I'd be happy to answer any more questions, just PM me.