Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Yaesu FT8900

Custom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Yaesu FT8900 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Yaesu FT8900

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $420.00
Average Price: $360.00
Manufacturer: Yaesu
Recommended?
Yes: 8 / No: 0

Quad band transceiver

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

911jeep
911jeep's Reviews
03-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Price: $495.00
Pros: 4 bands, remote head option, 6 dual channel memory sets accessed from the head, 5-50 watts
Cons: expensive, more functions than needed, not rugged, feature set-up is cumbersome.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great radio for the radio operator who wants it all, with few compromises. With the option to operate on the 10m, 6m, 2m, and 70cm bands, it's hard to beat this radio for small and versatility. This radio is great for functioning within several different groups spread over different bands.

This radio shouldn't even be considered by operators that will do little more than talk over the air. It's not worth the money and features for the casual user. Also note that, as a ham radio unit, you will need a FCC license to operate with this radio (and an upgraded license to use 10m at all).

socaldaveh

socaldaveh's Reviews
12-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: very wide range of tx/rx, detachable faceplate let's you install the radio in the rear near the antenna, even in the trunk of my car in vegas it didn't over heat.
Cons: typical yaesu menu junk, bit of a pain in the ass, solved with "nifty manuals"
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I strongly reccomend this radio, it takes a little bit of effort to get used to the menus, like any yaesu but once you do it's 50 watts of goodness. Mod is fairly simple to perform and allows a very wide band of tx and rx options.

Throw away your cb's and get yourself a ham radio, it's a game changer for communications

CrazyCooter
CrazyCooter's Reviews

11-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Price: $365.00
Pros: Cross band repeat, Four bands, Dual VFO's, Detatchable face, tons of memories, and good power output.
Cons: Cost? FM mode only
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great radio! I have had one in my pickup for 9 months now. Easy to operate and loaded with features including my favorite......"Crossband Repeat" I have only used 2/6/70 bands since I have yet to upgrade to "General Class"

I like this radio so much, I plan to buy 4 more for a second radio at home, the RV, Wifes car, and Jeep.

73's

Tony
KI6WAO

rebelone50
rebelone50's Reviews
07-14-2009, 08:22 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Dual Band, Great range, Clear voice, rugged
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best radio for its purpose out there.

0II0

KF4VGI
0II0's Reviews

05-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Quad Band
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: QUAD BAND love it on the trail and arround town. Great for SKYWARN spotters. Paired with the diamond 8900 works great.
Works great as a repeater for my VX-7R as well.

ff_emtdehaan
ff_emtdehaan's Reviews

11-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Yaesu FT8900
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this rig on a recommendation from my buddy who has a couple of the same rig. Matched with the Diamond 8900 antenna its an awesome setup

Jerry Falletta

Jerry Falletta's Reviews

11-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Yaesu FT8900
Price: $420.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quad band radio is the only way to fly... see you on 2, 6, and 10 meters, as well as 450!