Uniden - PC78XL Bearcat
- Two-way CB radio operates on 40 FCC-approved AM frequencies, with instant access to emergency channel 9
- Dynamic squelch control reduces noise to produce clear, audible signal on every channel
- 'Delta Tune' fine-tuning feature for improving signal and avoiding bleed from adjacent channels
- Multi-function analog meter measures signal strength, RF output power, antenna SWR
- Front-positioned microphone with extra-long, coiled cord for convenient use
Brand Name: Uniden
Item Height: 12.99 inches
Item Length: 3.98 inches
Item Weight: 3 pounds
Item Width: 12.99 inches
Pros: Multi-color LCD, built in SWR & antenna calibration, PA feature, output is a high 5W, built-in weather channels & talkback
Comments: I love this CB!! The multi-color LCD screen is very attractive in even the nicest of Jeeps, and very easy to read even in bright light. Lots of useful built-in features, like the SWR calibration & antenna test, talkback and PA functionality.
Agony Wagon's Reviews
Pros: Quality audio, durable construction, easy-to-use controls
Cons: Size meant for bigger vehicles, no SSB option.
Comments: Got this from a former truck driver. It was in very good condition for as much use as it got. It's built tough, and performs well. Not loaded with a lot of features, and kind of big for a jeep, but I have had it for a few years now and had no problems.