Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Radio Shack TRC-503

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Radio Shack TRC-503 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Radio Shack TRC-503

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $120.00
Average Price: $47.48
Manufacturer: Radio Shack
Recommended?
Yes: 29 / No: 2

Your average ol' cb radio.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

jeepmare
jeepmare's Reviews
10-21-2011, 11:06 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Great price
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great price for a trail radio

skinton
skinton's Reviews
09-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Pros: works, smaller size
Cons: not a lot of bells and whistles
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not much to say... it works. I wanted a CB for off roading & got it as a gift. It isn't as big as some models which is a plus for the Jeep TJ. The sound from the speaker leaves something to be desired, but so does the factory stereo system. Works for my needs. Just wish Jeeps came with factory CB antenna mount.

DirtyViking

DirtyViking's Reviews
04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Price: $59.99
Pros: -Compact -Cheap -Easy to use
Cons: -Fit and finish not Grade A -Not adjustable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great little unit that's worth the money for someone who needs a CB for recreational use, but doesn't want to spend tons of money on an advanced unit with features they won't use. The small size is wonderful for placing it in tight locations and keeping it out of the way.

It may not be the right CB for someone who is looking for lots of features, however. It lacks many of the adjustments that higher-end CBs possess, and the fit and finish aren't as high as some may like. Mostly plastic construction.

It has a port for an external speaker, and while the unit is surprisingly loud for its size, it could benefit from having one hooked up.

Highly recommended for the amateur CB operator.

RaggedOleMan

RaggedOleMan's Reviews
12-18-2009, 12:14 AM
Price: $59.99
Pros: Small enough to afford flexibility in mounting options.
Cons: Small = small volume & squelch knobs, too, which translates to: difficult to adjust while bouncing on the trail...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: $59.99 + tax. Inexpensive unit that's not embellished with a ton of features. Nonetheless, it does what it's supposed to do when it's supposed to do it. Reliable comes to mind. Small enough to offer a variety of mounting locations. I'm very happy with it.

I should mention I don't really use it on the road, indeed, I remove it unless I'm headed out on a trail run with my friends/buddies.

The only "con" is that the knobs are small and it's difficult to adjust volume or squelch when you're bouncin' around on a trail...still, I'ld recommend it to those on a limited budget or just don't want to getthe top of the line, but, want the functionality & flexibility a CB offers.

Dwatts5250

Dwatts5250's Reviews
08-26-2009, 08:53 PM
Price: $49.99
Pros: Small, easy to use, dummy proof
Cons: Small, easy to use, dummy proof. Not real adjustable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got this awhile ago for one of my other cars. its good for the budget minded, not so balls to the wall person. Gets the job done, but because its not tune able it can give you a few headaches. But seriously what do you expect from a $50 cb. Would I get another one, No. Would I sell this one, nope, i'd give it away. Not great, but useful.

jhunt87
jhunt87's Reviews
07-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Price: $18.00
Pros: Very small radio, Fits in my glove compartment
Cons: None really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Picked it up cheap off of eBay. Its wired into my glove box and I store it there when I'm not using it so it doesn't get stolen while I'm in the city.

timritchieblue
timritchieblue's Reviews
05-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Pros: super small
Cons: needs ext speaker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works as it should, got it on ebay new in box, $25

zachjeep

zachjeep's Reviews

03-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Does what it is intended for, and it does a good job at it. I got a 6 foot whip (firestick) and got a radio check out in indiana, louad and clear.

HilltopperYJ

HilltopperYJ's Reviews

03-08-2009, 10:52 PM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Recommended? Yes

Comments: well i found it in the barn, and with a little electric tape i brought it back to life, but i aint got a antenae yet

AZwaffles
AZwaffles's Reviews

03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Price: $60.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a good size but the cobra makes a cheaper one of the same size. Good sound from the speaker and good reception.

byrinxx74

byrinxx74's Reviews

03-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Price: $60.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good for price. It seems that it needs to be stronger> Though again for price good.

fballman91
fballman91's Reviews

02-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Recommended? Yes

Comments: came with my jeep and its worked great since has a problem with changing channels everyonce in a great while

laurxj

laurxj's Reviews

02-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good

yellingrebel78
yellingrebel78's Reviews

02-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Price: $13.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought it off ebay cheap and i can communicate with my buddies on the trail

W2001J
W2001J's Reviews

02-11-2009, 03:17 AM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Price: $10.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good for use one the trails. You can hear alot farther than you can transmit with this radio, but for the price I paid, I cant complain.

snkwired
snkwired's Reviews

11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty good quality with the antenna i have it gets pretty good distance...

Bigb75
Bigb75's Reviews

09-28-2008, 08:16 AM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Price: $90.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works for me. have not had any issues with. easy to work with.............................................. .................................................. ....................................

vx1kxj
vx1kxj's Reviews

08-19-2008, 12:05 AM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great cb, lightweight, rugged, and small/compact, easily mounted in my xj came witha an antenna that works great

bortz1892
bortz1892's Reviews

07-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Recommended? Yes

Comments: like it...it's from my dad's truck when he used to it drive x-country hauling.

wolfepack215

wolfepack215's Reviews

07-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Radio Shack TRC-503
Price: $10.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for a basic trail cb, (Ebay Radio) however the antenna is always the "heart" of the system. I have the 4' firestik tuned at exactly 1.0, perfect trx/rcx.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »