Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Midland Radio 75-822

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Midland Radio 75-822 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Midland Radio 75-822

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $84.42
Manufacturer: Midland Radio
Recommended?
Yes: 47 / No: 2

* 40 Channels
* Large LCD Readout
* Built in 10 Channel Weather
* Instant access to 5 user selectable channels
* Instant access to emergency channel 9
* Keypad lock
* High/Low power setting
* Removable battery case
* Includes 18-821 Mobile Adaptor

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

xjmudbuggy
xjmudbuggy's Reviews

03-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Recommended? No

Comments: I don't really have the midland - I have a Radio Crap Unit that I traded a used blender for. Its a piece of junk but does the job.

flyerboy1522
flyerboy1522's Reviews

03-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $25.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ok for a cheap CB I am going to go with a better one though with more options

Clevs
Clevs's Reviews

03-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works great when driving with buddies.

Uhvnutn
Uhvnutn's Reviews

03-06-2008, 11:11 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $15.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It works!

jboom

jboom's Reviews

03-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good

GodsRollerskate
GodsRollerskate's Reviews

02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $35.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It has the nice PA output....pretty nice I must say.

Munsined

Munsined's Reviews

02-26-2008, 12:37 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Minimual space and easy to operate. Would be nice if it stayed lit

Sahara88

Sahara88's Reviews

02-25-2008, 11:46 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $22.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought it used, works well.

Sairys
Sairys's Reviews

08-31-2007, 06:20 AM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $96.38
Pros: Can be used with rubber ducky for short range. Compact and easy to hide in glovebox.
Cons: Some keys are hard to reach and require shifting the unit in your hand while the other is trying to keep the car on the road.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I picked up this unit because I wanted to be able to stash it in my glove box when I leave the jeep. I was considering the cobra but this one was at wallmart and I figured that if I didn't like it, i could return it.

Needless to say, the cig plug leaves for a lot of noise, and the rubber ducky that comes with it has a very short range. That didn't matter to me since I planned on adding a full size antenna anyway.

After some tinkering, I finally got it set up and "debugged" (user error when installing the antenna). I tested it out on a 9 hour drive from Houghton, MI to Detroit. My experience was pretty good. The speaker on the handset was adequate as long as the top is up or at lower speeds with the top down, but that's understandable. An external speaker would possibly fix this, but I think it's good enough as it stands (at least for me, for now) As I mentioned before, I still have some power noise to filter out and try to get my SWR a bit closer to 1 (or 1.5 for that matter), which added to not being able to hear people talk too well. That said, a good portion of the conversations came clear, and had no problem with not being able to hold up a chat.

So back to what i wanted and what I got. I wanted a radio I can stash away easily, and this is it. I knew ahead of time that I would wire in a bigger antenna and wasn't planning on using this as a pocket radio that I'll run on batt power and the rubber duck. If that's what you're looking for then you'll have to ask someone else. I suspect that with a cleaner power source this radio would be as good as the dash (or wherever) mounted boxes. The weather radio is nifty, but I usually check the forecast online before I make a trip so I don't really use it unless I'm dying to hear a human voice. The scan is works well and the quick 9/19 button works well as in a good position.

The downsides that i've noted were only those of other button placement. The "light" button for the display is just out of the reach of the index finger and thumb, so it requires some manhandling to use. The memory keys are a similar problem. The need to press the F button first makes it odd, but i'm sure with time I'll get used to it. Oh, also the light on the display turns off too fast. It would be nice to be able to keep it on (unless I didn't figure out how to do THAT yet )

So all in all, performance wise I don't really see any issues as long as you do have a real antenna mounted. It's great for space and the cables are yours to run so you can make it as clean or messy as you want. Volume is acceptable but it all depends on the reception you get, which I wouldn't blame the unit for. I would recommend it for anyone that just wants a convenient CB. It's on the more expensive side compared to the 30 dollar ones available, but keep it hidden and it won't get stolen or attract thieves.

P.S. Sorry if i was redundant here, but I still haven't slept after my trip

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3