Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Midland Radio 75-822

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Midland Radio 75-822 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Midland Radio 75-822

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $1,000.00
Average Price: $84.42
Manufacturer: Midland Radio
Recommended?
Yes: 47 / No: 2

* 40 Channels
* Large LCD Readout
* Built in 10 Channel Weather
* Instant access to 5 user selectable channels
* Instant access to emergency channel 9
* Keypad lock
* High/Low power setting
* Removable battery case
* Includes 18-821 Mobile Adaptor

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

cstevens
cstevens's Reviews
02-20-2014, 05:07 AM
Price: $20.00
Pros: compact, portable
Cons: cannot hear/understand while in motion
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this is a good radio for portability. it does not do well at cruising speed as the speaker is too small.

lahpq-xj
lahpq-xj's Reviews
02-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Small and easily removable
Cons: Small and unsecured mounting.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great small cb radio that is easily moved to other vehicles if needed. Also easily removed to prevent theft. I would only recommend if that's what people need from their cb.

kyvtx1300
kyvtx1300's Reviews
12-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Price: $71.38
Pros: Small, simple install, easy to use and tune.
Cons: Not much as long as you install a good antenna and tune it. Firestick recommended.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: used an 18 foot antenna cable and a firestick with a simple mount by drilling a 1/2 inch hole in the top of the tire carrier beside the 3rd brake light. Ran the cable through a small hole in the center console under the carpet on the passengers side and followed the wiring harness into the tailgate. Power is already in the console. Simple and easy.

drpoopinstine
drpoopinstine's Reviews
05-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Price: $65.00
Pros: small can be stored almost anywhere. also you can take it out for camping radio.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was not worried about range. 4 miles and I had a cb amp that it was plugged into for extra distance if needed.

stans1stjeep
stans1stjeep's Reviews
12-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Small easily concealed, works well. I only install the CB for trail rides, using a magnet mount on the hood.
Cons: none I've found
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I only mount my CB when I'm going on a trail ride. The antenna is a Wilson Lil' Will magnet mount. Everything mounts easily and works well for my purposes. I check the SWR after each installation and adjust if necessary, usually all is OK.

Installation notes: Radio installed in center console, plugged into the 12v outlet. Antenna cable routed thru the passenger door, under the passenger seat, to the center console. I clip the radio to my seat belt while in use for easy access.

TJ2000S
TJ2000S's Reviews
09-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Pros: small, easy to remove (no worries about theft), can be used as a hand held.
Cons: The connector on the back isn't the typical round connector. It made for a belt that hold your pants up. So finding a way to store it in a vehicle for easy access and retention is a challenge.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It works as advertised. It's loud enough to hear even in a loud jeep. It's a "basic" cb without all the bells and whistles. But for everyday usen on or off road, it works great. Plus you don't have to worry about mounting it. Mated to a 108" whip I was listening to folks in TX and I'm in OR. Skipping the shoot I think it's called.

capcyclone

capcyclone's Reviews
08-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Easy to use Super versatile, portable in car or walking around
Cons: Speaker is fair to poor.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pefect for my purpose - I wanted something I could easily port between vehicles. The speaker is a bit quiet - probably underpowered, but you can't expect perfect sound to come from a portable device.

aftahour
aftahour's Reviews
07-09-2012, 01:46 AM
Price: $74.99
Pros: portable
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: weather station works.. havent tested out yet will update

fl_gator_chi
fl_gator_chi's Reviews
06-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Compact size
Cons: Mount clip is not standard
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice hybrid portable/auto unit. Experience has been limited to use on trails, however has functioned up to expectation.

dougmorgan99
dougmorgan99's Reviews
09-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Price: $79.00
Pros: Compact and easy to use. Can be converted to handheld in a snap!
Cons: Light doesn't stay on when in vehicle mode. Wish it had a spot on the back to add a standard CB mic mount.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All in all a sound design and doesnt take up too much room when installed. I love the fact that when I go camping I can convert the CB to portable walkie talkie style to monitor NOAA Weather radio.

theSovereign
theSovereign's Reviews
06-23-2010, 03:49 PM
Price: $95.00
Pros: Versatility of mobile using 12v cable and external antenna in-vehicle, as well as portable using rubber ducky antenna and either alkaline or rechargeable battery pack. 10 NOAA Weather Channels. Frequency display by holding down the "F"unction button for 3 seconds. Older models capable of extra channel mods.
Cons: Radios manufactured after April 2010 are no longer capable of the channel mods, but still a good radio for what it is. Comes with a belt clip instead of a standard microphone clip.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All-in-all I'm very happy with this CB.

I was looking for something that could be used both inside and outside the vehicle, and also had NOAA weather channels (after getting stuck in a rare Oklahoma blizzard I decided this was a must-have). In any case, this was the radio that fit the bill.

So far I've gotten ~0.7 miles range on a peaked & tuned radio using the rubber ducky antenna and the alkaline battery pack, which is actually farther range than I expected. I am still trying to determine maximum range using an external Hustler HQ27 antenna.

I removed the belt clip and modified an old cell phone holder clip to make the radio work attach to a standard CB clip.

JeepAngel34
JeepAngel34's Reviews
04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: handheld no mount necessary
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have not used this product much yet but am looking forward to it. I will update this review once I know more about the product.

TJRUSSELL
TJRUSSELL's Reviews
09-23-2009, 10:35 PM
Pros: small and powerfull
Cons: speaker is not so loud
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mounted to the dash with a mic clip and takes up little to no space hooked up to a ext 102" antenna

Ibjeepr
Ibjeepr's Reviews
07-28-2009, 06:05 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Small, plugs into cigarette light and external antenna to be mobile or uses rubber duck and batterys to be hand held.
Cons: Back light doesn't stay on if wanted.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent CB for the purpose I bought it. I wanted something that didn't require a permanent mounting job. This was the perfect solution. I brought an external antenna to the jamboree in case the rubber duck didn't cut it, never needed it. I plugged the CB into the cigarette lighter, plugged the spkr jack into the Aux input of the radio and clipped the CB to the passanger side visor. Worked perfect at the jeep jamboree! Our convoy was short so I may have needed the magnetic external antenna if the line of jeeps was longer but i had no problems and assume the line could have been a lot longer befor there were.

PastorSteve
PastorSteve's Reviews
07-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Pros: Great versatile CB that allows me to go from vehicle mounted to portable instantly.
Cons: none.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great product. Great versatile CB that allows me to go from vehicle mounted to portable instantly.

yoda13

Force Wheeler
yoda13's Reviews

04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $82.04
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you add an outside antenna, then the radio is quite good, and you can take it out of the Jeep and make it portable if you hike or whatever, anyway, I am pleased...

bctj
bctj's Reviews

03-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap. short range. Worth the small investment. I wouldnt recommend if your looking for high performance

the_clem87
the_clem87's Reviews

12-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $110.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Decent little radio... Volume and Squelch controls only. Nice and compact, bolted to drivers side of transmission tunnel

ckhanna71
ckhanna71's Reviews

12-22-2008, 12:43 PM
Midland Radio 75-822
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty decent CB, Just alittle small and underpowered on range. Small and compact and fits in under the dash nice.

CAwranglertj
CAwranglertj's Reviews

12-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Midland Radio 75-822
Price: $30.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great little unit, bought an aftermarket antenna mount which installs next to the spare tire.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »