Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Midland Radio 1001Z

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Midland Radio 1001Z Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Midland Radio 1001Z

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $59.99
Average Price: $313.71
Manufacturer: Midland Radio
Recommended?
Yes: 43 / No: 2

* 40-Channels
* 4-Watts of power
* Emergency channel 9.
* Digital power Signal Stength meter.
* CB/PA switch
* Squelch control
* Lock-in microphone connector.
* Installs easily into cars, trucks and RV's.
* External speaker and PA speaker jacks.
* 4-1/2' x 1-7/8' x 7-1/8' WHD.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

rick_2004
rick_2004's Reviews
09-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Price: $39.99
Pros: compact, easy to use
Cons: hard to tune swr
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this thing is solid as a rock, i've gotten it wet, muddy dropped it... it holds up amazingly

Chiles

Chiles's Reviews
08-20-2010, 01:00 PM
Price: $30.00
Pros: Its small, fits just about anywhere and had good speakers.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very simple to operate, doesn't have a ton of knobs s it doesn't have the "complicated control system" look but it sure as hell gets the job done.

06TJfototkr

06TJfototkr's Reviews
08-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Pros: great performance, PA function, RF gain and squelch controls on one knob
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After my $100 Uniden crapped out on me, I went on recommendation of several Jeep owners and they told me to get the Midland. Went up to a local QT truck stop and bought it for $30. Great CB, can't believe it works better than my old Uniden that cost more than 3 times more.

bigbossd1030

bigbossd1030's Reviews
07-13-2010, 06:56 PM
Price: $98.99
Pros: Small design. Instant Ch 9. 40Ch. PA Switch.
Cons: Short power cable.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This unit is just a great unit all together.
It is small and can fit almost anywhere you want.
Has Public address feature and ext speaker.
I paid $98.99Cdn, you can get it online for $50.00 or so... if they have it in stock.
The downside is the length of the power cord, If you battery is on the opposite side of mounting (IE. Mounting CB on driverside and Battery on Passengerside) then you will need a bunch of extra cable.

Other than that its a great unit and compact design.
Great I love it.

obauer809
obauer809's Reviews
05-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Pros: clarity, range, ease of use
Cons: large mic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a very good CB for the money. You cant be $30 for a brand new CB. Very sturdy design and comes with a nice bracket to mount it.

jeeping74
jeeping74's Reviews
04-15-2010, 04:16 AM
Pros: Small size, easy to install
Cons: bulky mic
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you are looking for a CB to use on the trails, this is a good radio for you. It has a great price and is easy to install. Remember it is a CB radio so long rang talking is not going to be outstanding. But when you are on the trail and wanting to talk to everyone around you, this will work great.

YJ-Jer

YJ-Jer's Reviews
02-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Price: $32.00
Pros: works fine
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy install and works just fine on the trail. I just mounted it under the dash, added a plug to the pigtail and i can pull it out when driving around town. Looked at the cobra that had the same form factor but could not see the 15 dollars difference in price...

Kettles

Kettles's Reviews
12-29-2009, 05:51 PM
Price: $23.00
Pros: Cheap, Small, has lots of features for the price.
Cons: um...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have had it for a little while now with no problems. Works much better than the old radio I had that was stolen.

I am using this radio with a 4' firestick and spring on a post mount with custom bracket mounted above the rear driver taillight.

Does the basic 40 channels, with ability to moniter CH9. Also alows you to adjust RF gain an squelch. Allows use of external speaker and a PA system.
Its very functional, compact and inexpensive. Makes a great radio for the occasional user that doesn't want to spend much.

I am unsure about the range I get but that is more a factor of Coax and Antenna and their placement and tuning than the radio itself.

Purchased from Frys.com

Aalbury

Aalbury's Reviews
12-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: with minor modification, fits great in the ashtray spot
Cons: still working on tuning for good communication
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It took me about 15 min to modify the ashtray and this radio fits right in. I use it with a firestick antenn mounted on the spare tire stop. I haven't had a chance to drive out to an open area (I live in the city) to properly tune this setup, but Its still seems to work decent. I love the PA speaker feature. Cant beat this for the price

g-off70
g-off70's Reviews
12-06-2009, 09:55 PM
Price: $24.99
Pros: good for what i need it for, short range reception and the PA jack
Cons: just that, short range reception
Recommended? Yes

Comments: all i wanted the CB for was to hook up to a PA. it works very well for this and works exactly what i want it for

MX4x4
MX4x4's Reviews
10-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Got it from a buddy who had a stash of new radios from an old job. It mounts nice and clean under Jeep dash. Great size for the already cramped wrangler cab.
Cons: nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a great little radio. Simple, small, and it works. I don't know about the stock mic because I didn't get one with the CB. I did break the heads off of every one of the flimsy bracket mounting screws. I predrilled holes and they still broke. Thats about the only bad thing I have to say about it though.

Nateron
Nateron's Reviews
08-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Price: $28.00
Pros: Small, affordable, RF Gain, ch. 9 switch
Cons: Nothing comes to mind.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I am very happy with my 1001z. It works like a champ, and sends out a good strong signal. RF gain at

noise_maker

noise_maker's Reviews
06-22-2009, 10:15 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: The kit with CB, CB Mount, Cable, Antenna Mount, and Antenna installed clean and looks great. It looks pretty good and fits nicely on my dash
Cons: Kinda a week radio, is very affected by the RF generated from the fuel pump, hard to match up (got it down to 1.8 on 1 and 40), channel goes back to 9 every time power is disconnected
Recommended? No

Comments: The rest of this kit is great, (CB mount, Antenna mount, antenna) but the CB is bottom of the barrel.

No weather band
Very noise sensitive.
Hard to match up.
RESETS TO CHANNEL 9 EVERYTIME you disconnect the power (think twice about putting this on a relay from the ignition)
No memory channel or last channel.

chucklesk
chucklesk's Reviews

03-24-2009, 05:56 PM
Midland Radio 1001Z
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its cheap and it works. I like that it has the PA function and that the mic is locked in. I have the older model so I don't have all the adjustments the new ones do. My friend has the same model and we can both hear each other fine.

JeepNE

JeepNE's Reviews

03-22-2009, 12:47 AM
Midland Radio 1001Z
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the price, you cant beat it. I must say that I use the PA more than the CB itself, which was not my original intention at all. I get great reception and transmissions are clear also.

moymch

moymch's Reviews

03-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Midland Radio 1001Z
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. Looks to be a quality built product. The size is perfect and can be mounted out of the way.

avenom
avenom's Reviews

02-26-2009, 02:33 PM
Midland Radio 1001Z
Price: $59.99
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this as a kit, comes with everything you need. No wiring required, comes prewired to a cigarette lighter adapter.
Radio works, not sure on range.

lopezzi

lopezzi's Reviews

01-02-2009, 10:02 PM
Midland Radio 1001Z
Price: $25.99
Pros: Cheap.
Cons: Not very good quality.
Recommended? No

Comments: Not too bad. Definitely not the best or highest quality out there, but it works. I used a wilson antenna with it and it works great. The screws that came with it to mount the mic were not the correct screws and the instructions were wrong. It said the screws on the side of the CB are threaded and they are not. You will have to use your own screws to get it to mount, or at least I did. After using it for about 3-4 months, the internal speaker went out for about a day, but then it came back. Not sure what that was about, maybe it got wet from my leaky windshield. Overall, decent and cheap. Probably wouldn't rely on it too much though.

pmccoy9876

pmccoy9876's Reviews

12-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Midland Radio 1001Z
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty good, haven't used it a whole lot yet, but from what I have it has worked, which is all I can ask for.

Motorcharge

Motorcharge's Reviews

11-20-2008, 05:36 PM
Midland Radio 1001Z
Price: $3.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really can't complain, I got it for $3 at the Junkyard.

Aparently my review must be 75 characters so, .................................................. .................................................. ......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »