Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Midland cb

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Midland cb Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Midland cb

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $100.00
Average Price: $199,999,982,074.84
Manufacturer: Midland
Recommended?
Yes: 51 / No: 3

small compact design, mounted to the right of the auto shifter

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »

landscaped1
landscaped1's Reviews
09-29-2014, 06:42 PM
Price: $26.00
Pros: Small, NOAA weather, good squelch control, ANL feature
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had been looking for a good CB with weather and something that wasn't going to break the bank. Had my eye on this one and a similar Cobra model. Amazon had it on sale from their amazon warehouse because of a damaged box. So got it for a steal. It's a great compact radio. Has just enough features to make it great. The weather scanner is a nice feature to have when you go to put the top down for the day! I would highly recommend this radio. Great product.

DavidViero
DavidViero's Reviews
07-22-2014, 12:10 AM
Price: $30.00
Pros: Cheap small
Cons: Cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a cheap little CB on eBay and bought a magnet antenna. Works well and was like $60 tottal

ZJBuildZac42
ZJBuildZac42's Reviews
06-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Price: $25.99
Pros: if this one gets stolen I'm not out a hole lot of my money
Cons: doesn't seem to work as great as my cobra did
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This cb seem to work great when in a traveling convoy, but once we get out on the trails I feel only have only half my responses get heard for example, I was spotting on a quad trail below one of my buddies watching to make sure he didn't get snagged on this stump called "tire thrasher" known to rip you side walls I had to call out 4 time over CB before I switch to my PA to shout out to my buddies. I relocated my whip to the front of my jeeps and it seems to do a lot better.

DoughBro

Tonka Tuff
DoughBro's Reviews
03-05-2014, 02:41 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: it has a PA function cheap
Cons: range is pretty limited
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's good for what it is. I don't remember if I actually paid 50 for it...I got it at Northern Tool before they stopped stocking it. it works good on the trail and you can pick up some weird trucker conversations some times. It was a PA function and that's good for a laugh.

anarchychoppers
anarchychoppers's Reviews
11-15-2013, 11:21 PM
Pros: 5001z great cb. American made 3 year warranty.
Cons: No weather channel
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great radio for the money and its made in America. Has a 3 year warranty.

joey5639
joey5639's Reviews
04-27-2013, 08:33 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Very good product i love using the pa
Cons: No cons
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This product is very nice and will come in handy in my jeep for pa use or talkin on the cb which i have not really done yet

mrmark

mrmark's Reviews
05-18-2012, 11:20 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: just installed never used, will have to play with it so see how it works

Bassmanfreddo
Bassmanfreddo's Reviews
04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Price: $35.00
Pros: Easy installation. Small foot print.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Basic no frills CB. I like the fact that it is matte black in color, not flashy chromed plastic.

81cj7wa
81cj7wa's Reviews
04-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Pros: Cheap and easy to install
Cons: none yet. lots of static from long range transmissions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't owned a cb before so I can't really compare this one. It works great for trail driving and I have reached people I know to be at least 10 miles away. cb antenna and mount was about a 100 bucks new so a lot cheaper then most options.

fxracin02
fxracin02's Reviews
03-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Price: $39.99
Pros: Ease of setup and use
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works as it should

murdock12186

murdock12186's Reviews
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Price: $30.00
Pros: in stall is eazy
Cons: tuning
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good radio got it from a friend for free lil hard to tune but its happens

JuniorUSN

JuniorUSN's Reviews
03-09-2012, 03:00 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Works great!
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got this from my Dad. He used it back in the 70's and it was collecting dust ever since, until I brought it back to life.

Myke500

Myke500's Reviews
02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Pros: Small, Simple and Cheap
Cons: Cheap, Mic connector tends to have a bad connection after some time.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For me, it is a little radio, rarely used except during club trail rides.
Small enough to be out of the way almost anywhere, I have mine mounted under the dash on the drivers side. I purchased a used one for $30, but found it a FRY's for $35 new and should have gone that route. The MIC connectors tend to have issues and the radio shuts off if the MIC is disconected.

Installation is easy.
Very few features (Volume, Squelch, Channel, Speaker Out)

Therosa
Therosa's Reviews
01-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Pros: Compact and affordable. Gets great reception when properly tuned. Weather Radio Build in.
Cons: Wish it had a weather alarm feature. Wish the speaker was louder.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a good radio to have in a Jeep. I have a Cobra 29WXNWST that I used in my pickup but I just could not find a location that I comfortable with in my Jeep. I installed this radio on the driver side under the dash and it is easy to forget it is there when I'm not using the radio. Needs an external speaker to hear on the highway. The weather works great and you can use the mic button to advance to a different weather channel. If this CB had a louder speaker and a weather alarm I would give it 5 stars. Overall you cannot go wrong with this radio.

Davetopay
Davetopay's Reviews
08-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Pros: Looks good, sounds good, sends well.
Cons: A little bulky, the only place I really had to mount it out of the way was on the coin tray above the center stack.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sends well, sounds clear enough and the speaker is plenty loud for trail use.

sal-XK
sal-XK's Reviews
08-07-2011, 04:57 PM
Pros: Small fits in tight spaces
Cons: limited features
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good small basic CB for the trail if joined with a decent atenna of course. If were using it on the highway or for anything then just the local trail I think I would skip this one and spent the money on a better setup.

comancheklein
comancheklein's Reviews
07-25-2011, 03:07 PM
Price: $9,999,999,100,923.00
Pros: looks cool
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it works and thats all that matters right. it is ok it mounted up easy but i havnt been able to fully use it since the mic doesnt work right but i can still listen...got fix that mic soon...and i got it free from my dads garage

Wainzilla
Wainzilla's Reviews
07-06-2011, 07:33 PM
Price: $29.99
Pros: Cheap and basic (incase of being ripped out if broken into)
Cons: Limited features and reception.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wanted a simple CB for trail ride communication. However, I didn't want to pay alot of money since I have been broken into a few times. Thus, for only $29.99, I can handle a minimal loss of that amount. Limited on features, but perfect for trail communications.

SpikeTJ
SpikeTJ's Reviews
04-24-2011, 08:16 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: great working
Cons: its cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like it. a lot. it works very well. and fits perfectly any where

Texas_Cherokee
Texas_Cherokee's Reviews
04-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Pros: Cheap and easy to install, works great
Cons: Default is channel 9
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got my midland cb at Best Buy for $35 dollars which is pretty cheap as far as CB's go. I also bought their $20 antenna for this particular CB. I wasn't expecting much, just something to mess around with, however it works very well. I have had no problems with it. Works great, the speaker is loud (even from inside my glove box where I have it installed) and the sound is as clear as day. It works well as both a CB and a PA. If you choose to use it as a PA as well I would recommend one of radioshack's loudspeakers. PA option on the midland CB is also clear and very loud! This product is great and I would recommend it to a friend.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last »