Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Midland 1001Z

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Midland 1001Z Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Midland 1001Z

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $85.00
Average Price: $41.38
Manufacturer: Midland
Recommended?
Yes: 54 / No: 1

Cheap CB that works pretty good.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last

jhitt1
jhitt1's Reviews
01-05-2014, 04:39 AM
Price: $39.95
Pros: Simple, low cost
Cons: low power
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Decent for its cost, but you get what you pay for.

T1ckt0ck
T1ckt0ck's Reviews
12-26-2013, 09:55 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Very compact. Easy install.
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased the entire install kit from Jeep Outfitters (http://www.jeepoutfitter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=228&product s_id=830&zenid=3a1fee819669160c0315bb88b56a1e4e ). Reception is spotty in the city but I think that has more to do with the antenna (3'). Works great on the trail.

HammerSC
HammerSC's Reviews
01-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Price: $39.00
Pros: This is one of the few small Cb radios that have a RF gain. I have mine set up with a 4' Firestik, and would recomend it to others.
Cons: None, for what it is (a small radio).
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was looking for a small radio that had a RF gain. This radio works well. We,ve gone on several jeep rides and had no issues with hearing others or with others hearing us. I'm using a 4' firestik with this radio.

TerrapinJess
TerrapinJess's Reviews
09-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Price: $34.99
Pros: Great size. Includes mounting bracket and hardware. Includes Midland sticker.
Cons: No power on LED in PA mode.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I installed this CB radio on my 2010 JK. I LOVE IT. It's above my rear-view mirror, screwed into the plastic molding. It fits PERFECTLY there. I am 6'3" or so, and I have my mirror aimed for a person that height, PLUS I tilt it up even a bit more to avoid jerks with high beams behind me. It still gives enough clearance to fit this CB in place above it to allow for further adjusting. I have only used the PA mode in this CB paired with a Pyle 8 ohm all weather outdoor speaker and it works GREAT. There is a lit LED channel number display that lights when the unit is on. I could only wish that there was some kind of power indicator when in PA mode. That is my only complaint. As you can see, it is only a small one.

rubyred98xj
rubyred98xj's Reviews
08-17-2012, 01:07 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: weather channel
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Small, fits in small spots, an it don't cost alot.

Joshtjeep
Joshtjeep's Reviews
04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: small, good sound quality.
Cons: no blutooth
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great CB for the price. It is small and the sound quality is good. If you are looking for an inexpensive CB that works great this is the one.

smcutter

Web Wheeler
smcutter's Reviews
04-27-2012, 06:54 PM
Price: $35.00
Pros: Compact, fits over rearview mirror
Cons: Doesn't come with a built-in SWR meter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cheap, reliable, effective. There is a great installation write-up at the following page:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-ups/affordable-jeep-jk-wrangler-cb-radio-solutionmidland-model-1001z

I followed it to a T and it went very smoothly.

xxjt2oxx
xxjt2oxx's Reviews
03-31-2012, 05:57 PM
Price: $31.37
Pros: Cheap!
Cons: Not sure yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was looking for something cheap to talk to friends on the trail or out on the open beach. Range really wasn't a concern, and I wanted something I wouldn't feel bad about if it got wet/damaged/stolen.

Ross
Ross's Reviews

02-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: Small, easy to use
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought it for a trail spare to lend to other who need it. I have it matched with a K30 antenna. I plugged it into the cig lighter and no engine noise. I recently took it with me on a road trip. It will easily reach out a few miles.

For what paid I is a good radio.

Spark4-1
Spark4-1's Reviews
01-08-2012, 04:59 PM
Pros: small, easy install
Cons: Sometimes not very clear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a pretty good machine, I have been using it for several months no major problems.

jmess

jmess's Reviews
12-19-2011, 05:42 PM
Price: $55.00
Pros: Small, Does what i need it to do. has Weather
Cons: Could be Louder, Would invest in an Aux speaker.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Has worked without any issues and for the price you cant beat it.

Desert_Rampage

Desert_Rampage's Reviews
08-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Pros: Pretty much water resistant.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't had any problems with it so far.

TannerJones
TannerJones's Reviews
08-06-2011, 12:40 AM
Price: $28.00
Pros: Sounds good, easy to install, nice mic.
Cons: cheap nobs.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love it, its a good entry Level CB radio, and if you don't have a top or doors, its not so bad if it gets stolen compared to an expensive CB.

DukeMalisto
DukeMalisto's Reviews
07-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Pros: Very simple to use, basic, and very easy to install anywhere.
Cons: No channel scan feature. Picks up the engine noise on the single digit channels, while accelerating.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The radio works great. I've paired it up with a Cobra HGA1500 magnetic antenna and regularly pick up (on clear days) broadcasts from several states away. Didn't have to connect directly to the battery or wire it to the electrical box. Instead, got a cheap cigarette lighter adapter from RadioShack, hooked it up, and haven't had any problems.

From research, the engine noise is probably due to a grounding issue with my cigarette lighter more than with the CB, but broadcasts come in fine and this is very easy to mount (took me 10 minutes, never having mounted one before).

WhitedragonBC
WhitedragonBC's Reviews

06-19-2011, 10:28 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Didn't burst into flames.
Cons: Crappy mic, bad transmit sound quality, low power.
Recommended? No

Comments: Absolutely terrible radio. I've had three of these, all of which were duds. The first one had a bad RF knob which had a faulty connection inside and would kill the radio if you touched it. The other two would squeal when transmitting. This was not an antenna, SWR, or ground issue; they did it with different antennas, cables, and vehicles. I imagine there was some kind of bad connection in the antenna plug that would get knocked loose as it would occasionally work right.

EndGame
EndGame's Reviews
04-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Easy to use, small in size.
Cons: RF Gain really distorts speaker.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a decent little radio, make sure you get a good whip, mine is crap. Mic is comfortable to hold, and looks awesome in my WJ.

YJ1994

YJ1994's Reviews
03-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Price: $29.99
Pros: Easy to install. Fits well in most spots
Cons: Non so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good, would recommend to anyone

cybordolphin
cybordolphin's Reviews
03-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Pros: Small size. Works!
Cons: No scan.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a lot of bang for the buck. Gets the job done. Receives loud and clear and others can hear me loud and clear. Easy operation. Simple to install and operate. A real value.

olsqris
olsqris's Reviews
02-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Price: $27.00
Pros: Small size. Nice feel of the mic. Inexpensive. I've always liked Midland radios.
Cons: None yet, but haven't had it long. We'll see.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like the radio. I've always been partial to Midland, but that's just because my Granddad always used them. I really like the way the mic feels. I've had a couple cbs in the past - Uniden and Radio Shack. The mics felt so small and cheap. This one feels better. The compact size is great. Doesn't take up too much room. Sound quality is pretty good for such a small unit.

grabber1000

grabber1000's Reviews
01-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Price: $49.00
Pros: Price
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Small but works great

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 > Last