Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Firestik - Firestik II FS-4'

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Firestik - Firestik II FS-4' Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Firestik - Firestik II FS-4'

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $28.99
Average Price: $24.23
Manufacturer: Firestik
Recommended?
Yes: 21 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.firestik.com

f you took the proven features and performance of the famous "KW" series antennas and added a unique tuning mechanism to the top, you would own the equivalent of a Firestik II, "FS" Series antenna. Aside from the ease of tuning, the patented design broadens the antennas bandwidth to keep SWR lower over more channels. The upper coil extension also increases the power handling capability of the antenna. All "FS" antennas are compatible with autos, trucks, vans, motorcycles and ATV's in a single antenna configuration when metallic ground plane is available. Or, they may be used in dual (co-phased) configuration on any vehicle made from any type of material. Like all CB antennas, the "FS" antennas should be fine-tuned (SWR) in their final mounting location. If you have ever tuned a non-tunable tip antenna, you will have a real appreciation for the "FS" antennas. To tune a "FS" antenna, you just pop-of the tip and turn the adjustment screw up or down as needed. All "FS" antennas exceed the requirements of any CB radio, new or old. Aside from the hi-performance loading coil that maximizes the transmit/receive functions of your CB, these top-loaded antennas will also receive the NOAA emergency weather alert and national weather broadcasts for radios with those features.

The "FS" antennas are 100% American made with 100% American materials. To maintain a balance between flexibility and ruggedness, we use a custom blended, glass fiber reinforced shaft. Each is wound with heavy insulated copper wire to prevent the oxidation and shorted windings often found on non-Firestik antennas. The tunable tip mechanism is made from rust-proof brass and has a rubber o-ring to hold the adjuster in place after tuning. Our 3/8"-24 threaded base has a tapered contact point that works especially well with Firestik mounts and accessories. The tapered "lug-nut" effect transfers stress away from the threads and reduces the possibility of vibration induced loosening of the antenna in its mount. Each antenna is covered with a static reducing, water-tight sleeve containing UV and pigment stabilizers. For peek performance we recommend that you use one of our 18-foot Fire-Flex coaxial cables with these antennas.

Tags
antenna , firestik

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »

FreeBahamian
FreeBahamian's Reviews
06-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Price: $10.00
Pros: On going evaluation
Cons: On going evaluation
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far, so good. On going evaluation. This is all i can honestly say at this time

UptownTJ
UptownTJ's Reviews
04-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Price: $44.00
Pros: Value
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product

akinshake
akinshake's Reviews
01-31-2014, 04:06 PM
Price: $19.95
Pros: tuneable
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I would definitely recommend buying all firestik brand when doing a CB. the firestik spring, mount and the 18ft coaxial cable. It all works together flawlessly. Very pleased

blurunner
blurunner's Reviews
02-07-2013, 04:44 AM
Price: $30.00
Pros: easy install and easy to tune
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good cheap cb antenna that's easy to tune. It's been able to take the beating I've put it thru and so far it's doing well. Not going to be as tough as the whip antennas but it's good for what it cost. I also used a spring base mount to prevent damage to antenne

CharlieHo

Get Savvy
CharlieHo's Reviews
11-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Pros: Tunable
Cons: Stiff
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mounted it on spring mount near taillit

WA_KK
WA_KK's Reviews
05-13-2012, 05:30 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: Looks good. Easy to tune
Cons: None at this time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Antenna looks great mounted on the brake light. Easy to tune with adjustment screw.

xxjt2oxx
xxjt2oxx's Reviews
03-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Price: $17.91
Pros: Looks sturdy
Cons: Looks study, and ready to snap on its first branch. Bought a spring mount for it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't installed it yet, will update after it goes in

IDRIS

IDRIS's Reviews
03-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Range, looks, ease of installation and tuning, durability.
Cons: None that I can see - these things have been around for decades, and I've never heard anyone complain.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This was a package purchase (hence the price). It included cabling (18' of coax recommended), a bracket (I chose the JK wheel-mount bracket), a connector, and a heavy duty spring.

I have not SWR-ed it yet, but I have read that it gets good numbers, and good range. It looks bad-as-heck, and performs well.

Walle

Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater
Walle's Reviews
02-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Pros: Works great and doesn't wobble.
Cons: I should have bought a black because my JK is black
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is installed on my '12 JKU with the Teraflex CB mount and 18' antenna cable (made locally). I took it to the local CB shop (Mesa CB, Albuquerque). Josh hooked me up with tuning my antenna to the CB. I have used this with my CB multiple times, and I have no complaints. I have it mounted on spare tire carrier. I have it setup with a quick discount (purchased at Mesa CB), so I can remove when I am not out on the trails or pulling my JK into the garage.
Firestik II

Robhimselfff
Robhimselfff's Reviews
08-23-2011, 06:25 PM
Pros: Great Look and good name brand
Cons: Does Require Tuning, although the tuning knob makes it easier still somewhat difficult to do if your not knowledgeable of CB Antenna's.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not too much to write yet, just got it in the mail and mounted it the other day. Good Name brand and great look, with a tunable Tip!

JeepCollector91
JeepCollector91's Reviews
08-06-2011, 02:52 PM
Price: $18.00
Pros: Great reception. Holds up to hitting tree branches at 70mph and with extreme ice build up on the antenna.
Cons: None.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I use 2 of these antennas on my 2003 Freightliner Columbia. One is for the CB and the other is for my Television and stereo. I have one on my '91 YJ and on my wife's '05 KJ CRD. I have used the two on my Freightliner for several years and they have been on the truck for about 450,000 miles. I did lose one when it struck a branch on a dirt road where I was delivering a flatbed load. I found it on my way back out of the place and the antenna had no damage. It had broke the mounting stud off the mirror mount. I replaced the stud and am still using the same antenna today.

KillerSloth

KillerSloth's Reviews
07-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: Easy to install Easy to tune
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought a Vanco antenna from Fry's Electronics and it was frustrating to tune. I decided to ditch that antenna and get the Firestik and I am glad I did. I got it tuned in under 5 minutes and it is working great. I seem to be getting good range with it also.

cybordolphin
cybordolphin's Reviews
03-20-2011, 10:12 PM
Price: $16.00
Pros: Sturdy. Works well. Good looks
Cons: A bit stiff.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Be sure to install a quick disconnect or spring base to allow for this rather rigid antenna to flex.... or be move out of the way. I opted for a connector that allows me to swing the antenna down at a 90 degree angle. With the antenna mounted above my drivers side rear tailight..... I am able to swing the antenna down behind my spare tire and out of the way when I enter the garage. This antenna is quite stiff, so you don't want to be smacking into overhanging garage doors, etc.. Easy to tune, and works great. I like the look and length.

cybordolphin
cybordolphin's Reviews
03-20-2011, 10:07 PM
Price: $16.00
Pros: Sturdy. Works well. Good looks
Cons: A bit stiff.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Be sure to install a quick disconnect or spring base to allow for this rather rigid antenna to flex.... or be move out of the way. I opted for a connector that allows me to swing the antenna down at a 90 degree angle. With the antenna mounted above my drivers side rear tailight..... I am able to swing the antenna down behind my spare tire and out of the way when I enter the garage. This antenna is quite stiff, so you don't want to be smacking into overhanging garage doors, etc.. Easy to tune, and works great. I like the look and length.

bs369
bs369's Reviews
10-28-2010, 04:12 PM
Pros: Tuneable
Cons: about 1" too high to get in my garage without scraping it on the stucco
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome little guy, I pick up stuff from all around me

markxj2k
markxj2k's Reviews
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
Pros: Works great
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Get a quick-disconnect mount so you can remove the antenna when needed.

skinton
skinton's Reviews
09-15-2010, 10:06 PM
Pros: easy to tune
Recommended? Yes

Comments: What can you really say about an antenna? It was easy to tune and it works. No complaints.

kittyhawk
kittyhawk's Reviews
08-30-2010, 05:53 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: Great range
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Has great range.

bob6987
bob6987's Reviews
08-24-2010, 10:58 PM
Price: $22.00
Pros: its an antenna
Cons: mounted to the top of the jeep rack...its a little long..i have a 10' clearance now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: mounted to the top of the jeep rack...its a little long..i have a 10' clearance now. I think if this one breaks I will get a 2ft antenna and see how it works..

srf4life
srf4life's Reviews
08-24-2010, 11:25 AM
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Can't complain very tunable and very good

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last »