Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Firestick firefly 4' antenna

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Firestick firefly 4' antenna Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Firestick firefly 4' antenna

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $50.00
Average Price: $22.57
Manufacturer: Firestick
Recommended?
Yes: 29 / No: 0

BRIEF:
Lightweight, Easy-tune 'bare-hands tunable tip', High-performance coil design, Flexible fiberglass tube

DETAIL:
The "FL" Series antennas are the performance leader of lightweight top-loaded CB antennas. Each is approximately 40% lighter than the equivalent length Firestik II antenna. From the perspective of mount stress, the lighter materials and reduced wind drag of the "FL" antennas reduces stress by more than 60%. A 4-foot FireFly will easily perform on a mount that is designed for antennas 3-foot or less. At the top of every "FL" antenna you will find our patented tunable-tip. Besides making tuning a snap, the design broadens the antennas bandwidth and increases its power handling capabilities. All "FL" antennas are compatible with autos, trucks, vans, motorcycles and ATV's in a single antenna configuration when metallic ground plane is available. Or, they may be used in dual (co-phased) configuration on any vehicle made from any type of material. Like all CB antennas, the "FL" antennas should be fine-tuned (SWR) in their final mounting location. If you have ever tuned a non-tunable tip antenna, you will have a real appreciation for the "FL" antennas. In short, tuning is as easy as popping off the tip and turning the adjustment screw up or down as needed. All "FL" antennas exceed the requirements of any CB radio, new or old. Aside from the hi-performance loading coil that maximizes the transmit/receive functions of your CB, these top-loaded antennas will also receive the NOAA emergency weather alert and national weather broadcasts for radios with those features.

All "FL" antennas are 100% American made with 100% American materials. To maintain a balance between flexibility and ruggedness, we use a custom blended, glass fiber reinforced tube. Each is wound with double insulated copper wire to prevent the oxidation and shorted windings often found on non-Firestik antennas. The tunable tip mechanism is made from rust-proof brass and has a rubber o-ring to hold the adjuster in place after tuning. Our 3/8"-24 threaded base will fit all Firestik mounts and accessories. Each antenna is covered with a static reducing, water-tight sleeve containing UV and pigment stabilizers. For peek performance we recommend that you use one of our Fire-Flex or RoadPal coaxial cables with these antennas.

All "FL" series antennas are factory bench tested for resonant frequency and overall quality. They are available in black, red or white with a black tip.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last

wjidaho

Exiled Offroad
wjidaho's Reviews
01-07-2014, 01:37 AM
Price: $21.00
Pros: Easy to mount
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great antenna got mine matched up to the firestik door jam mount on my wj. All in all great product

cbworld
Vendor
cbworld's Reviews

09-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Price: $19.99
Pros: Easy to adjust and looks nice
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is by far my favorite brand of antenna. Firestik antennas perform well, look good and last a long time. The bare-hands tunable tip make them really easy to adjust the SWR.

Scooter_Trash
Scooter_Trash's Reviews
01-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Price: $15.00
Pros: Easy to tune
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great reception and transmission once it's tuned. I had to ground my tailgate to get a better SWR reading.

clety
clety's Reviews
01-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: good
Cons: noisy clinking against the truck.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]].]]]]]]

jeepinmichguy_

I haz ah Geep
jeepinmichguy_'s Reviews
01-15-2010, 09:44 AM
Price: $40.00
Pros: tunable
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is the perfect size if you are monting to a bumper, it sticks up above the jeep about 1 inch. The tunable tip is great and it gets good range.

buckethead860
buckethead860's Reviews
10-30-2009, 03:01 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: Works good, monting braket 13.99 works great too.
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this because it came with a mounting bracket ithat mounted in back of driver side brakelight. works good, worth the money.

BigDogTJ

BigDogTJ's Reviews
10-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: Really strong, vinyl coating has lasted outdoors for over two years.
Cons: Kind of think for running on a trail, no flex, have to add springs.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great antenna. Doesn't stick up too much and looks great mounted on the rear of my TJ. A must have add-on is a set of springs for where the antenna is grounded so they will bend against brush and strong wind resistance.

kadetklapp
kadetklapp's Reviews
05-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Price: $19.00
Pros: Good stick
Cons: Needs trimmed
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good trail antenna

Mayfair_Jeeper

Mayfair_Jeeper's Reviews

04-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Price: $24.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Reception. easy to tune. Mounted it to my spare tire mount. I do not recommend this mounting if you have a hard top. Makes it a pain to open and close the rear window

Grizz91YJ
Grizz91YJ's Reviews

03-27-2009, 04:32 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got a bunch of these laying around hold up to abuse better than a wilson. Perfect for a trail rider even got them on my four wheelers

Libtekguy

Libtekguy's Reviews

02-22-2009, 11:30 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bad *** and very durable antenna. I used the Terraflex taillight bracket to mount it up. It's tunable feature (no cutting) is what sold me.

GoldenEagle06
GoldenEagle06's Reviews

01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a great antenna when tuned correct. I was able to pick up an untuned whip some five miles away. I use it alot on road trips its helped me avoid many accidents and backups.

ScottHarr_TJ

ScottHarr_TJ's Reviews

12-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Price: $20.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i like the antenna alot. the only thing i dont like is how the antenna always smacks low hanging stuff. but thats with any antenna. this one is great and it gets good reception.

3S00W

3S00W's Reviews

12-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had originally and 8' whip but got this and it has definitely made a HUGE improvement on my radio. Also looks way better too.

JohnnyEpic

JohnnyEpic's Reviews

11-20-2008, 11:07 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a very strong yet flexible antenna. I have it coupled with a spring and haven't had any problems with it yet. I get really good reception and it was very cheap at a truck stop in Springfield, MO.

ajbjeeper28
ajbjeeper28's Reviews

11-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have two of these antennas on my jeep now, i love how clear the single is with a fire stick, and i don't have to worry about branches breaking my antenna

hokies98zj
hokies98zj's Reviews

10-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Price: $18.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got the firestick firefly 4' antenna to go with my midland 1001z cb radio.works great.easy to tune(top loaded) and helps me get good reception and broadcasting out.

Hockey1

Hockey1's Reviews

10-13-2008, 09:00 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I just recently installed it. I havent had a chance to use it yet. But I do like the options you have in mounting locations.

OffroadAlex
OffroadAlex's Reviews

09-21-2008, 10:25 PM
Price: $14.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Sweet antenna, looks awesome and it works. Great for the price their really cheap, I need another because either someone ripped it off or it got ripped off from driving.

Red_
Red_'s Reviews

09-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Been bashed to hell and back, has yet to break. Should have gone with a 2' one and mounted it higher

Page 1 of 2 1 2 > Last