Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Cobra 75 WX ST

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Cobra 75 WX ST Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Cobra 75 WX ST

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $99.04
Manufacturer: Cobra
Recommended?
Yes: 327 / No: 4

40 channels, remote mount, Soundtracker, 10 NOAA weather channels, Dual Watch

SoundTracker®: The first patented technology that dramatically improves the transmission and reception of CB radio signals. The result is a cleaner, clearer sounding CB with more "powerful" transmissions and less static or noise on reception

40 CB & 10 Weather Channels: 10 Weather Channels. Complete access to all 40 Citizen Band Radio channels. 10 National Weather Channels (7 NOAA and 3 International) provide full coverage to keep you informed of weather conditions anywhere you go

Remote Mount System: Remote installation box installs out of sight under your dash and the quick disconnect allows removal of the handpiece for security or use in other vehicles.

Dual Watch and Full Channel Scan: Dual Watch allows simultaneous monitoring of any two preselected channels. Full Channel Scan allows you to scan all 40 channels

Instant Channel 19: Instant access to information Channel 19 with a single switch of a button.

Full-Featured LCD Display Panel: All the information you need is provided from this LCD display panel. Choose normal CB channel readout or five digit frequency display.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 9 of 17 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »

Timrau
Timrau's Reviews
10-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Price: $99.99
Pros: All in one mic. No need to look around to see your settings. Channel scan and Weather channels.
Cons: A bit heavy. A few more button operations to remember than my last CB.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this to replace my last CB which had given up the ghost. A lot more features than what I was expecting given the size of the mic. Only problem is that mounting the connection box for your antenna, the box is small and can be mounted almost anywhere, but it's not that waterproof. Comes with all the mounting hardware you need to mount it wherever you chose and the mic cable is long enough also. Once you get everything set up and tuned, it's a great Radio. I would most likely recommend this to anyone who is looking for a reasonably priced set-up.

Filthy-Beast

Web Wheeler
Filthy-Beast's Reviews
10-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Price: $201.00
Pros: Easy to hide, weather radio came with external speaker
Cons: Can't see the display and talk at the same time, needs external speaker in a jeep
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought as a jeep kit from Right Channel. Came with CB, Wilson flex antenna, SWR meter, cable, mount for right rear tail light and external speaker. Install was straight forward. No engine noise SWR on channel 1 of 1.2 and on channel 40 it is 1.1 out of the box didn't even need to adjust it.

FmrVette

FmrVette's Reviews

09-13-2009, 11:39 AM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Compact. Channel control in handset. Weatherband. Easily removed from vehicle for theft avoidance.
Cons: Small speaker. If microphone breaks the entire radio is in for repair or replacement.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Two biggest drawbacks - the speaker is very small, and if the microphone breaks the entire radio is down until it's repaired or replaced.

The installation can be very slick - only a small jack is in the dash, console, etc. and the radio can easily be plugged into or removed from the jack.

An external speaker is heavily recommended for use in Wranglers, CJ's, etc. - due to the small size of the internal speaker the ambient road noise can overpower the audio unless an external speaker is used.

I like their usage in Wranglers because they are so easily removed from the vehicle and secured in a lockbox. In my Commander I reverted to the Uniden 510 because it's not a soft top vehicle and so somewhat less tempting to passerby theft.

The weatherband is a nice feature; I found it very helpful when traveling on vacations. While local am/fm weather is available if you tune in at the right time, the national weather available on the Cobra is always available when a transmitter is within range.

As on all CB's - use a good antenna with this radio. A good antenna, properly tuned, will enhance the performance of the rig.

This radio, to me, is the radio of choice in two circumstances: (1) theft avoidance in paramount and/or (2) space restrictions require an absolute minimal installation.

soulfinger
soulfinger's Reviews
09-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: small, good for mounting in tight spaces. All the controls are in the handset.
Cons: first one was DOA, second one worked fine. Would be nice if all the buttons on the handset were backlit for visibility at night. Once you use it for awhile you get used to it, but hard to see what you're doing at night.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best CB when install space is limited.

tnl1221
tnl1221's Reviews
08-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Price: $0.01
Pros: Great transmission and multi-functions
Cons: everything is in the handset so if you are right handed be careful of the volume and squelch dials as you will move them.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's great! The only issue I have is that you have to be careful when operating it that you do not accidentally move the squelch or volume knob when operating the radio.

Won this in a drawing

biffgnar

Web Wheeler
biffgnar's Reviews
08-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Price: $109.95
Pros: Love ability to remove from inside Jeep when not in use. Installed with power straight from battery and antenna on back right corner. Dealing with a little interference
Cons: Added external speaker
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good choice for CB not being used all the time. Works great on the trails

dendrophobe

dendrophobe's Reviews
07-24-2009, 12:05 PM
Pros: Small, light, looks good, sends/receives clearly, receives weather band
Cons: More expensive than most
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love this CB. It's very small; all you have to worry about is where to mount the handset, because that has all the controls. The other box can be installed pretty much anywhere out of sight. I listen to the weatherband a lot, so that was a must for me when choosing a CB. This is exactly what I was looking for. I try to keep the interior of my Jeep looking very clean, so this was perfect. Highly recommended!

tedder19
tedder19's Reviews
07-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Pros: Very compact. LOUD(which is good in a Jeep).
Cons: You have to drill a whole in your interior, but well worth it.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love it. Works perfect for a TJ.

smartshot
Web Wheeler
smartshot's Reviews
06-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: small fits anywhere
Cons: speaker is alittle soft
Recommended? Yes

Comments: if you get this you want to also buy the speaker that attaches to your roll bar so you can hear better

Deacon

Web Wheeler
Deacon's Reviews
06-23-2009, 03:25 AM
Price: $97.00
Pros: Compact, everything in the handset, external speaker output if desired
Cons: None, really
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I mounted the radio part up behind the glove box. Very easy install. Very convenient not having to mount a radio anywhere in the already crowded TJ cab. Hand set can be unplugged and removed when not in use, which helps keep prying eyes and thieving hands to themselves. Convenient and easy to use, with all the controls making sense in the handset.

benwaballs

benwaballs's Reviews
06-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Price: $90.00
Pros: dosn't take up alot of room
Cons: rather chunky
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i didn't wanna have a big cb sticking out all over the gc so i picked up the 75wx... i only use it on the trails and long hauls. sound is fine in the GC have no problems hearing out of it. holding the unit takes some getting use to but all in all great product that stays out of the way

TDmaster

TDmaster's Reviews
06-08-2009, 12:00 AM
Price: $199.95
Pros: Small footprint
Cons: No suggested location of connection box under dash.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: To new to review quality of radio, but the installation of the UltraMount and VersaMount were smooth and straight forward.

Dragon158
Dragon158's Reviews
06-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Great price, new or used. Compact, easy to use, easy install...
Cons: Need to pick up an external speaker for use on highways. At slow speeds it can be heard perfectly.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No big complaints about this CB. I'd buy this unit again, easy use, easy install. I needed something I could lock up when not in use, the all in one handset is easily locked up.

DrDiesel
DrDiesel's Reviews
05-20-2009, 01:40 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Easy to use and all the hardware is in the console so only the hand set and cord show.
Cons: Pretty happy with it, no complaints as of now.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install and to use and all the hadware is out of the way!

fisholot
fisholot's Reviews
05-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Price: $65.00
Pros: compact
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it fits great in the limited space available.. I got a 102" whip to go with it

Petey0844

Petey0844's Reviews
05-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: none
Cons: small size...real space saver
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great product. Did the install as such:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=598871

twoleos617

twoleos617's Reviews

04-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Cobra 75 WX ST
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 75 WX ST

R1RN04
R1RN04's Reviews

04-02-2009, 01:45 PM
Cobra 75 WX ST
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quality product, nothing bad to say. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mulie
Mulie's Reviews

03-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Cobra 75 WX ST
Price: $129.95
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This unit was installed in the jeep when I bought it. I did not like the antenna, so I installed a new one. I have not used this radio much at all so I can not give it a fair evaluation. I like the convenience of not having a seperate radio to mount in the jeep. I love the channel scan feature. I don't like the stiff coil cord and the large microphone that is the 75WX ST. It is a handful.

Kate

Kate's Reviews

03-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Cobra 75 WX ST
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great little radio.
I strongly recommend the use of an external speaker. It's perfect for trail rides where you're close to the folks you want to talk to but if you want something with some real distance this is not really the ideal unit for you.

Page 9 of 17 < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »