Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Cobra 75 WX ST

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!Advance Adapters SYE KitsKOR Labor Week Sale and Giveaway

Cobra 75 WX ST Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Cobra 75 WX ST

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $99.04
Manufacturer: Cobra
Recommended?
Yes: 327 / No: 4

40 channels, remote mount, Soundtracker, 10 NOAA weather channels, Dual Watch

SoundTracker®: The first patented technology that dramatically improves the transmission and reception of CB radio signals. The result is a cleaner, clearer sounding CB with more "powerful" transmissions and less static or noise on reception

40 CB & 10 Weather Channels: 10 Weather Channels. Complete access to all 40 Citizen Band Radio channels. 10 National Weather Channels (7 NOAA and 3 International) provide full coverage to keep you informed of weather conditions anywhere you go

Remote Mount System: Remote installation box installs out of sight under your dash and the quick disconnect allows removal of the handpiece for security or use in other vehicles.

Dual Watch and Full Channel Scan: Dual Watch allows simultaneous monitoring of any two preselected channels. Full Channel Scan allows you to scan all 40 channels

Instant Channel 19: Instant access to information Channel 19 with a single switch of a button.

Full-Featured LCD Display Panel: All the information you need is provided from this LCD display panel. Choose normal CB channel readout or five digit frequency display.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

awkragt
awkragt's Reviews
08-09-2010, 12:11 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Easy to install. Can remove the handset to reduce theft. Great range even with crappy antenna.
Cons: Speaker doesn't work. I've got to run the sound through the stereo
Recommended? Yes

Comments: One of my first mods. Worked great even with a crappy antenna. Picked up a lot more far off chatter than any of my friends setups. Nice to be able to remove the handset for around town. (CB antenna doesn't fit in the garage anyway) I installed it under the glove box in my JK with a pair of zip ties.

HankFXST

HankFXST's Reviews
07-28-2010, 06:46 PM
Price: $79.95
Pros: Low profile, easy to hide the installation.
Cons: Mic speaker is not practical requiring an external speaker.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to install and easy to use. This might be the best CB for a Jeep Wrangler since it can be placed in a very small area.

Karma's Reviews
07-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Excellent; has weather channels, small, handy, scan mode; may be easily disconnected and removed from vehicle.
Cons: Small speaker built into hand set is barely adequate. I use a Cobra external speaker mounted above rear view mirror. Much better volume and fidelity.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall, this is a killer CB. One of the problems I had was finding space for a normal size radio. The Cobra 75 WX ST solves that problem by having a very small interface box which mounts out of sight under the dash. This where you attach the antenna cable, 12V power and where I plug in the external speaker. The interface box then connects to a small panel which can be placed under the dash. The panel has a connector where you plug in the hand set.

The hand set is where all the electronics are housed as well as all the controls and LCD display except the high power output linear amplifier which is in the interface box. It is small and fits into even the palm of my small hands.

I found the small speaker built into the handset to not be very good due to its small size. I fixed this problem by installing a Cobra external speaker which works great.

All in all, this is one terrific little CB that solves a lot space problems without giving up first rate performance and features.

01XJ35
01XJ35's Reviews
07-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: very easy to mount;
Cons: --
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Would reccomend to anyone;only drawback is there is no way to make it PA loudspeaker

sawmananmc
sawmananmc's Reviews
06-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Price: $175.00
Pros: Small handset with all controls intergrated
Cons: Nothing major no built-in SWR/power meter
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A bit pricy. But really compact. The controls on the handset make it easy to adjust on the road or trail. Wheather and EM channels are hot keyed. The control box has a jack for an external speaker whih I use with my stereo's aux jack so the radio comes in though the factory speakers. Great when the engine noise overpowers the handset speaker.

TeamRoper
TeamRoper's Reviews
06-24-2010, 06:40 PM
Price: $109.00
Pros: compact
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excelent

sgttaylor83CJ7
sgttaylor83CJ7's Reviews
06-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Price: $109.00
Pros: Compact! The head unit can be mounted out of sight and out of the weather. The mic disconnects and goes in the console. Can be opened up and peaked. For a Jeep CB, I rate it very high.
Cons: With all the features controlled from the mic, its a bit clumsy. It just doesnt fit your hand like a triditional mic.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like the Cobra 75 WX ST. When peaked and tuned to a quality antenna system (coax and antenna), it performs very well. As I listed in the cons, having all the controls in the mic make is a bit clumsy, but that’s a small price to pay for being able to remote mount the head unit out of sight, and out of the weather.

I purchased mine from Bells CB in Florida. The owners handle is "Screwdriver" and he is very helpful. For an extra 25 bucks he will peak it out for maximum performance.

I highly recommend an external speaker. Another downfall of packing everything into the mic is that there is only room for a small speaker. Spend the 20 bucks at any truckstop and get a real one.

DustPuppy

DustPuppy's Reviews
06-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: All controls in one place, easily removable for security.
Cons: Coiled portion of wire can break after modrate use.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I added an external speaker using the provided port. (I mounted the speaker on my B-pillar as I often lay the handset in my lap during obstacles, and it can be hard to here my spotter.) Both my unit and a friend with this same unit have experienced a break in the wire. I have used this with a Firestick, but prefer the Wilson 1000. Overall a compact and versatile unit.

mark02tj
mark02tj's Reviews
06-02-2010, 07:01 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Compact, easy to install
Cons: I sometimes change the channel by mistake.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'm using a 60" stainless whip antenna with this radio and it works better than either of the two fiberglass antennas I had before. Overall I like the radio setup - very compact.

CALWATERBOY
CALWATERBOY's Reviews
06-02-2010, 02:07 AM
Price: $92.00
Pros: Radio's in the hand set - easy to stash out o'sight.
Cons: None yet - not a high end CB of course.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Like the clear weather channel reception.

Like much all controls on the hand mic. Easy to scan; select. Channel 9/19 toggle. Cobra's enhanced send/receive switch. All the basic comforts in hand.

Love the disconnectability - remove the microphone, and I've removed the radio. Easy to stash in my Tuffy console.

Why not get a high end CB that fits in the console slot? 'Cause we're shopping 2 meter sets for that....Yaesu looking good.

Unlimited04

This post/info=my opinion
Unlimited04's Reviews
05-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: perfect for a jeep
Cons: expensive, buttons are a bit hard to hit with big fingers
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the perfect size for a Jeep. i like to be able to hide and stow the CB when not in use, this one fits the bill great!

CrawlorClimb
CrawlorClimb's Reviews
05-24-2010, 10:24 AM
Price: $169.99
Pros: It can as a kit from Right Channel Radio. Space Saving.
Cons: None Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great spot to mount it in TJ's foward of shifter on underside of console.

MilitaryJK4455

Web Wheeler
MilitaryJK4455's Reviews
05-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Good compact CB, havent got it tuned yet but It does work well on the trail.
Cons: None to mention att.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think its a good radio, i ordered a package unit with the antenna and all the mounts for my JK.

akordboy

akordboy's Reviews
05-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: 
Cons: 
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

BubbaArmy

BubbaArmy's Reviews
04-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Price: $109.99
Pros: Small, compact, easy to set up
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice product

BubbaArmy

BubbaArmy's Reviews
04-25-2010, 09:51 AM
Price: $109.99
Pros: Small, Looks Good, easy to hide
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you don't have the room, but this!

SolerXJ
SolerXJ's Reviews
04-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Price: $99.99
Pros: Small footprint, all the controls on the mic. Very easy to install.
Cons: If any, the cost is more than a cheap box from wally world.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: very easy to install, works just as good as one with a box. with a 4' fiberglass antenna i get great reception, and the clarity is amazing for this small unit.

TinkerAB

TinkerAB's Reviews
04-08-2010, 02:02 AM
Price: $114.95
Pros: No bulky box to mount. looks factory works great.
Cons: speaker in handset is very weak.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I reccomend this if you cant decide where to mount a CB box.

scrambled82
scrambled82's Reviews
03-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: very compact and easy to work with
Cons: haven't found any yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this because I didn't want a cb anywhere visible. It was very easy to install and extremely easy to use. I've already dropped the handset a couple times and it still works great. You should get an external speaker.

TJBart
TJBart's Reviews
03-12-2010, 09:05 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Convenient, works great, sounds good with external speaker.
Cons: None I've found
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got the combo from RightChannel radios with quick disconnect for antenna. Great service from rightchannel! Nothing bad to say about the setup right now.

Page 7 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »