Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Cobra 75 WX ST

Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Cobra 75 WX ST Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Cobra 75 WX ST

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $99.04
Manufacturer: Cobra
Recommended?
Yes: 327 / No: 4

40 channels, remote mount, Soundtracker, 10 NOAA weather channels, Dual Watch

SoundTracker®: The first patented technology that dramatically improves the transmission and reception of CB radio signals. The result is a cleaner, clearer sounding CB with more "powerful" transmissions and less static or noise on reception

40 CB & 10 Weather Channels: 10 Weather Channels. Complete access to all 40 Citizen Band Radio channels. 10 National Weather Channels (7 NOAA and 3 International) provide full coverage to keep you informed of weather conditions anywhere you go

Remote Mount System: Remote installation box installs out of sight under your dash and the quick disconnect allows removal of the handpiece for security or use in other vehicles.

Dual Watch and Full Channel Scan: Dual Watch allows simultaneous monitoring of any two preselected channels. Full Channel Scan allows you to scan all 40 channels

Instant Channel 19: Instant access to information Channel 19 with a single switch of a button.

Full-Featured LCD Display Panel: All the information you need is provided from this LCD display panel. Choose normal CB channel readout or five digit frequency display.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 6 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

Holdem2
Holdem2's Reviews
01-13-2011, 08:06 AM
Price: $95.00
Pros: compact, easily mountable
Cons: low speaker output
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Pretty good for a JK with it small 1 piece handheld unit.

flatlander757

flatlander757's Reviews
01-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Works great, compact and takes up nearly no space
Cons: You will NEED to buy an aux speaker because it's a bit quiet when wheeling on the trail
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Radio works great, very clear with a tuned CB antenna and transmits clearly as well. Only gripe is that you will need an aux speaker for the CB since the handset isn't very loud. It will suffice while driving on the road in most cases, but when on the trail in 4LO and bouncing around you'll want some more sound. It's not a big deal, but just plan on spending an extra $10-15 for a small speaker... mine is mounted on my roll bar on the B hoop between the front seats.

Texsun

Texsun's Reviews
12-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: all in one and compact
Cons: not loud enough at times
Recommended? Yes

Comments: quick and easy install can be a bit quiet but for the most part its great! can be removed easy to prevent theft or to be locked in center console i highly recommend!

bidd1
bidd1's Reviews

12-07-2010, 02:56 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Easy install, great for the trail.
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed the CB over 3 years ago, have had no issues to date. The group I wheel with (13) have this CB. Some with an external speaker, I use just the handheld.

Rubicon985
Rubicon985's Reviews
11-29-2010, 04:32 PM
Price: $220.00
Pros: Ordered entire setup through Right Channel Radio. Bracket, CB, Antena, etc.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Used the radio for the first time this weekend riding trails at Catahoula Recreational Park in Louisiana. Worked perfectly. I was able to monitor the main channel that the majority of the riders were on and monitor the channel that my group was on. How cool is that?

mrJ

mrJ's Reviews
11-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Pros: portability
Cons: breaks easily
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good radio for a beginner/first cb. upgrading soon

meach4x4
meach4x4's Reviews

11-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Compact, Mic unit can be removed, lots of features (too many!!!)
Cons: Mic is bulky and heavy. Inadvertant hitting of buttons is likely, leaving you off channel or in scan mode. Weak modulation and speaker (No ears or mouth)
Recommended? No

Comments: I had a friend give me this unit when I bought my second Jeep. At first, I thought it would be a great unit, and wondered why he gave it to me. It was only used a few months.

It was easy to install, with the interface box mounted below the driver seat of my Cherokee, and a mic clip on the dash. I used a 4' Firestik antenna with a hood mount. SWR was good (1.2)

My first observation was that there was a heck of a lot of controls on the mic. Driving down the road and using them is like texting... Don't do it! Inadvertantly hitting controls such as the Instant Channel 19 will take you off channel. Also, the channel buttons are just above the Push To Talk (PTT) button. Several times on each trip out with friends I would be driving along monitoring or calling friends with no response, only to find out that I hit the instant channel 19 button or a channel select button and was not monitoring our designated channel. Driving down the highway, with just occasional conversation, this wouldn't be such a big deal, but driving on a technical 4x4 trail, trying to receive and give instructions about route and obstacles, this is a big deal!

So, you have to look at the mic each time you use the radio to ensure you are on the right channel.

The next problem I found was that the mic head is quite heavy, and after a day of wheeling, jawboning with the other guys, it is like using a handheld radio, too heavy compared to more conventional radio configurations.

I travelled with six other jeepers on a 7 day run, and two of them were using the same model radio as mine. Both of these two rigs had very weak modulation and limited range. When I noticed that, I started experimenting with mine, and found that the power output and modulation was far weaker than my other Jeep's radio (Uniden Pro 520xl) with the same type antenna and SWR.

Overall, I am dissatisfied with the radio. I gave it to a friend, so I guess this is worth the price (free) but I have to agree with the friend who gave it to me... not worth buying. I replaced the Cobra with another Uniden Pro 520xl, and I am very happy with that radio.

Meach4x4

mscottnelson

mscottnelson's Reviews
11-21-2010, 02:44 PM
Pros: Nice and compact
Cons: No PA output
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I love the small size of this radio and how compact it is. The volume is pretty load and I have no problems with hearing on the trail. I also am a big fan of the "scanning" channels option when out on the trail.

hallsofstone

hallsofstone's Reviews

11-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Pros: Small/Compact, great range for what it is, easy installation
Cons: Quiet speaker, big handset.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Was given this as a parting gift by my ex fiance's father (a truck stop merch supplier) when I left her. He said I would love it and he was right.

For YEARS I've used this same CB. Normally sells between $75 and $100 CB alone. Had it mounted in my Civic for a long time for long boring drives. Had the tiny window-sticky antenna and it worked great. Incredible range even with the crappiest antenna you can find. Going to be using an external speaker this time though as my heep is balls-out loud.

Works great for small vehicles with limited mounting space like Wranglers. This time around, I'll use a full whip inside my soft top and bow it to the front roll bar, retaining it with the velcro straps on hand grips so I can keep it inconspicuous. Whips are like an excuse for as$holes to break into your rig and it's not like some canvas is really going to limit your signal very much if at all. Top off? Let that whip fly!!!

ThunderFoot

ThunderFoot's Reviews
11-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Price: $179.00
Pros: Compact size. All controls in the handpiece. Easily removed and put out of sight.
Cons: Speaker in handset is hard to hear on occasions.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: All pieces need to install this in the Jeep were packaged together. This included the radio unit, antenna, antenna mount for the JK, cables, and SWR meter.

Woodchuck

Woodchuck's Reviews
11-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Price: $110.95
Pros: Compact
Cons: Hard to hear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I think I have my SWR right but most of the time everything sounds jumbled. Might just be the nature of cb's for all I know but it works for what I need

slewfoot
slewfoot's Reviews
10-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Price: $162.95
Pros: All controls easy to access, easy to mount due to small size
Cons: I seem to transmit quieter than others, measured output is 2 watts according to my meter, not the 4 advertised
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The CB has acceptable range and receives signals clearly. The handset speaker is a little on the quiet side, but I hang it from my roll bar so that's not much of an issue. Mounting was easy due the small size of the antenna/power junction box.

Charles
Charles's Reviews
10-16-2010, 12:20 AM
Price: $199.00
Pros: Small footprint, clean installation.
Cons: None, this product works great for me.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like this CB. It does just what I need it to. I have the box mounted behind the dash and the cable comes through a hole I drilled just under the glove box. When not in use I unscrew the cb cable from the connector below the glove box and store it. It also has a jack for external speaker so it works great with the aux input on the Jeep stereo. I bought this kit: http://www.cooltechllc.com/jeep/jk_CB_AllinOne_kit.shtml It keeps everything well mounted, clean, and hidden.

HondaPeople
HondaPeople's Reviews
10-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Pros: Everything is built into the handheld mike. Does everything I need it to do. Weathbands are handy in foul weather.
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great compact size and it does everything I want it to do. Nice to be able to stash under my seat without worrying about people breaking in and stealing it. I like the weathbands and the inexpensive price.

GrantLasson
GrantLasson's Reviews
09-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Out of the way; noise suppression; weather reports
Cons: Volume can be a little low for a loud environment
Recommended? Yes

Comments: There aren't a lot of places to put a CB. This one fits well enough and works just fine.

tchaap

tchaap's Reviews
09-25-2010, 11:00 AM
Pros: Bought Ebay from a trusted seller. GREAT price! Installs easy, works great; however, you will want to install a remote speaker
Cons: You will want to install a remote speaker. The speaker in the hand unit is weak. This is a minor issue to me. I knew this going in to the purchase and bought a $10 dollar speaker before my install.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a great unit for a Wrangler. The hand held unit has all your switches and buttons. Their is another portion of the unit, the "brains" that is small, about the size of a cigarette box, and can mount under a seat, in the dash, almost anywhere out of the way.

The biggest Pro to this unit is that the it works great and is small enough to mount almost anywhere in your Wrangler.

NOTE: if you want to mount it to the right of your steering wheel, under the speedo gauges...test to make sure you don't put it in the way of how you turn the key to start the vehicle.

edsoto
edsoto's Reviews
09-16-2010, 02:39 PM
Pros: compact unit
Cons: speaker output
Recommended? Yes

Comments: got for free, so really have no complaints

nikeo02
nikeo02's Reviews
09-05-2010, 12:09 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Small, hidden, powerful
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great item. East install. Perfect for infrequent use!

robbyb413
robbyb413's Reviews
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Pros: Compact, easy to install, easy to use controls on main unit w/o taking eyes off the trail/road, discrete.
Cons: Weak speaker/prone to speaker failures, no public address function.
Recommended? No

Comments: Ordered a 75 wx st because I liked the compact size of the unit and discrete install. After living with it for a few weeks, while I like that all the controls are in my hand, it is a bit awkward to be moving the main unit around the cabin of the Jeep and talking to a HUGE mic. The speaker is weak, so with the top off or on the highway you can forget about hearing it. My speaker failed after less than a month of being installed in the Jeep. FYI the process Cobra wants you to go through for service as per the customer service rep I spoke to seems unreasonable - uninstall the entire unit, pay on your dime to ship it to them, then they want 2-4 weeks to evaluate it and send a new one. If I could do it again I would have gone with a traditional CB.

bob6987
bob6987's Reviews
08-24-2010, 10:56 PM
Price: $86.00
Pros: Small, works, easy install
Cons: none yet..it is my first cb so i don't know
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Small, works, easy install.It is my first cb so i don't know. I do like it...time will tell.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »