Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Cobra 75 WX ST

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Cobra 75 WX ST Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Cobra 75 WX ST

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $99.03
Manufacturer: Cobra
Recommended?
Yes: 327 / No: 5

40 channels, remote mount, Soundtracker, 10 NOAA weather channels, Dual Watch

SoundTracker®: The first patented technology that dramatically improves the transmission and reception of CB radio signals. The result is a cleaner, clearer sounding CB with more "powerful" transmissions and less static or noise on reception

40 CB & 10 Weather Channels: 10 Weather Channels. Complete access to all 40 Citizen Band Radio channels. 10 National Weather Channels (7 NOAA and 3 International) provide full coverage to keep you informed of weather conditions anywhere you go

Remote Mount System: Remote installation box installs out of sight under your dash and the quick disconnect allows removal of the handpiece for security or use in other vehicles.

Dual Watch and Full Channel Scan: Dual Watch allows simultaneous monitoring of any two preselected channels. Full Channel Scan allows you to scan all 40 channels

Instant Channel 19: Instant access to information Channel 19 with a single switch of a button.

Full-Featured LCD Display Panel: All the information you need is provided from this LCD display panel. Choose normal CB channel readout or five digit frequency display.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »

mike51robo
mike51robo's Reviews
10-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Price: $95.00
Pros: small
Cons: small
Recommended? No

Comments: I will be putting in a fullsize soon

dreitman
dreitman's Reviews
07-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Small non-intrusive design that works nicely in my jeep. Can be easily disconnected and stored away when not needed.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased this CB as a kit from www.cooltechllc.com. Installation was fairly easy and straight forward. The kit included everything needed to run a nice CB system in my rig from mounting the antenna on my license plate housing to providing a place to land my handset.

As far as the CB is concerned. After ensuring proper ground at the antenna I'm able to get good reception and hear others talk well enough. I haven't test the range of the system as of yet but I can say it does fine so far at between .25 and .5 miles. For such a small speaker it can be turned up fairly loud. If I have my radio going also I usually have to ask for a repeat. You can add an external CB speaker as well and i may look into this down the road. I've had no issues with others hearing me even with the windows down at highway speeds.

So for me this is a great CB as it doesn't take up much cabin space. I don't have cables hanging in front of me or the windshield. And so far has worked great for what i needed which is short range communication with my friends on the road or trail.

Jack0369
Jack0369's Reviews
07-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Price: $99.00
Pros: Small, everything is in your hand
Cons: I can't think of any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It is easy to use, and is compact. It saves room in your jeep but does not sacrifice quality. I used a spring and a Firestik four foot antenna. Must buy a SWR meter to properly tune it.

JeepStangGuy
JeepStangGuy's Reviews
07-02-2014, 07:06 PM
Price: $1.00
Pros: 1
Cons: 1
Recommended? Yes

Comments: a

Zeppelin
Zeppelin's Reviews

05-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Remote Mount
Cons: Coil cord a little short
Recommended? No

Comments: I have had this CB for about 10 years. Recently I had one of the wires at the connector break and it needed to be re-soldered. Easy fix though. Still working great.

JKCA
JKCA's Reviews
05-12-2014, 12:33 PM
Price: $140.00
Pros: can easily disconnect so it doesn't get stolen, easy to use
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: easy to use, sound clarity and quick disconnect feature.

Goldenfinger
Goldenfinger's Reviews
04-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Price: $130.00
Pros: Small & compact installation
Cons: None so far.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great product for adding a CB to your WJ. The main module can be easily installed inside of the WJ console allowing for easy routing of all cables and the ability to run the CB cable up from beside your seat. Signal is strong and clear.

jpnut
jpnut's Reviews
04-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Price: $99.99
Pros: fits in the limited space of a Jeep
Cons: limited range with Wilson 4 ft top loaded antenna.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Gets the job done for trail communications. I am thinking about getting a handheld HAM radio for greater distances.

waldo177
waldo177's Reviews
03-27-2014, 04:21 PM
Price: $125.00
Pros: Small and easy to use
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Like the ease of install hardest part was figuring out where I wanted to put it. Lots of options as small as it is

aquezada
aquezada's Reviews
03-23-2014, 11:21 PM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Small and easy to hide.
Cons: Feels cheap.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Handset feels a bit cheap. Cable started to crack at some points from the sun exposure I suppose. For the price, i would look for something louder.

Jeebus2000
Jeebus2000's Reviews
03-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Compact, Inexpensive, all in one, Makes for clean installation
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For a low footprint/low impact and clean installation, this is the CB for you. Recommend installing the power box under the dash or seat and run a cord extension to the radio cord escutcheon. Using dual antennas for my application, transmitting perfectly. Love it.

dcgibbons
dcgibbons's Reviews
02-03-2014, 05:27 PM
Price: $92.90
Pros: small, easy to install, and easy to use
Cons: low power, mediocre sound quality
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The handheld mic contains most of the CB unit, and is effectively the same size as most mics. The remainder of the radio is a very small unit that fits easily behind or underneath the glove box.

wkldr
wkldr's Reviews
02-03-2014, 04:55 PM
Price: $85.00
Pros: Nice clean installation options
Cons: Not the easiest thing in the world to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Nice product. Provides clean installation for my space challenged WK. Good reception.

akinshake
akinshake's Reviews
01-31-2014, 04:03 PM
Price: $92.90
Pros: Slim, convenient
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I can't really attest to the efficiency of my setup because I am having trouble tuning it. but I love the simplicity and size of it. can really mount it anywhere. And its a Cobra.

jkruegel
jkruegel's Reviews
01-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Price: $198.00
Pros: easy install, easy to remove mic for loss prevention, can add power unit to other vehicles and move CB from one to another
Cons: Mic is a bit heavy.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed unit in just a few hours including the antenna and external speaker. I like the feature of being able to remove the mic for security. The external speaker is loud enough to hear while driving with the doors off. The base unit is very compact and easy to mount out of sight.

Nik-Nak

Nik-Nak's Reviews
12-06-2013, 01:12 PM
Price: $120.00
Pros: Compact, easy to install
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you are considering a CB for trail use this is the one! Perfect for communication between you and the people you are on the trail with! My jeep is a daily driver and I did not want some ugly CB mounted to my ceiling like a trucker or mounted on the dash or under the seat. The compact design allows you to mount this under the dash taking up very little room. After instalation all you will see is the cord going to the mic from under your dash! Highly recomend this CB!

ZERO30

ZERO30's Reviews
12-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: Compact, looks factory installed. loud. NOAA Weather radio
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It hides so well and works so great. can be mounted with only zip ties. It's awesome. Hides right behind the glove box.

Moparich

Moparich's Reviews
12-01-2013, 11:11 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: works for me when trailing
Cons: not sure of any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works well for me. i havent had any issues with this cb. i bought it in a kit with a firestick antenna. i havent even tuned it. not sure if it needs it

TJchet

Blackout in progress
TJchet's Reviews
10-16-2013, 12:27 AM
Price: $65.00
Pros: Easy to mount and doesn't take up much space.
Cons: None yet!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this from a member on the forum and am very happy with it so far. Main use will be while trail riding with my Jeep club I recently joined. It is a requirement to have a radio to be a member and figured this one would work perfectly!

LVrescue
LVrescue's Reviews
10-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Price: $99.00
Pros: price, small, good for off-roading, and traveling
Cons: limited capabilities
Recommended? Yes

Comments: installed with molded side mount antenna at the license plate. receiver is behind glove box and easy to access if needed.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last »