Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > Cobra 29 LTD Classic

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Cobra 29 LTD Classic Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

Cobra 29 LTD Classic

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $199.00
Average Price: $90.57
Manufacturer: Cobra
Recommended?
Yes: 91 / No: 1

After over 40 years of excellence in the CB category, the 29 LTD Classic is now better than ever! Professional driver-requested improvements include a front panel microphone connector (for convenient in-dash installation), a 9-foot microphone cord (for easy reach anywhere within the cab), and tactile controls (for added convenience and safety when adjusting functions). It's the number one choice of professional drivers!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

WJSchmidt76
WJSchmidt76's Reviews
02-26-2011, 01:53 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Good distance with a whip
Cons: Not many people using them these days.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I used to have a CB in every vehicle I owned and used them to talk to the group of people I was traveling with. We usually use hand held motorola's now.

TimmyTattooXJ
TimmyTattooXJ's Reviews
02-13-2011, 05:12 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Great Sound, Easy to use, long range
Cons: its really big
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a great CB. Just make sure you have the room to hook it up before you buy it

JDNightFox
JDNightFox's Reviews
01-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Price: $150.00
Pros: It still works!
Cons: Lots of static and engine interference (sometimes)
Recommended? No

Comments: Mine is actually a 19 LTD classic, but that's not listed here. This radio my family has had since the early '90's, and it still works like a charm! Besides the (sometimes) static, of course...

Tenshots1
Tenshots1's Reviews
01-10-2011, 10:51 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: works well. sturdy
Cons: big
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For $20 off of craigslist, you cant do better. it has been great so far

Alkaline

Alkaline's Reviews
01-08-2011, 08:17 AM
Price: $50.00
Pros: Works awesome, reliable, adjustable.
Cons: Very bulky in my jeep, I may have to go with a smaller unit to save space.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It works great for what it is. It transmits and recieves better than all my wheeling buddies units. The adjustabilty is very good, and it filters out the backround garbage way better than my previous radios. The only drawback for me is the size, I wish it were a little more compact for my already crowded interior.

Dudman5703

Dudman5703's Reviews
11-16-2010, 07:51 AM
Price: $47.40
Pros: Works great, sounds good barefoot, good looking, SWR meter on the face.
Cons: It took me a while to figure out a good looking spot to put it. No performance issues however.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this off eBay used, you cant even tell. This deosn't have the soundtracker option, which I would recommend if you know anyone else who has one. This is a good looking radio, none of that flashy stuff to draw attention in your old rig. It is also really easy to work, and will take allot of crap. Sounds good and I have gotten some really good range with this thing. My only real use for this though is for the trails, and wouldn't suggest it to anyone driving a street machine, because there just isn't any use for a street rig having this.

Tonka_TJ
Tonka_TJ's Reviews
10-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Price: $90.00
Pros: Dimmer, SWR Meter, Looks good, and sounds clear.
Cons: No Sideband, No WX
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I got this radio from my girlfriend's cousin as a birthday present. I wanted to upgrade my 20 dollar Radio Shack radio. The radio it's self is very nice. The lights a night are great, and the SWR Meter makes calibrating easy. Not too many people on the CB's anymore as most people have moved to using their cellphones. I do have a cell phone but, constantly talk on the CB with my family, the girlfriend's family, and my buddies. It is also helpful on the highway and of course off road. The only downfall of this unit is that there is no sideband control. I would recommend this to anyone who has a use for their radio or just want a solid unit for off road. Not to mention it looks awesome!

officer_krupt
officer_krupt's Reviews
09-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: great for talking to buddys on the trail
Cons: not enough power by its self
Recommended? Yes

Comments: good for emergencys.........or around the neighborhood

slopoke36
slopoke36's Reviews
08-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Easy to install
Cons: had trouble getting the hand mic to work
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cobra generally makes very good electronics; I have had mine since 1992 and it still works good.

AuburnZj
AuburnZj's Reviews
06-28-2010, 02:22 AM
Price: $100.00
Pros: It has every thing i need in a CB
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A hand-me down Cb but it still works perfect. i have no complaints about it. i have a two foot firestick antenna mounted on my roof rack and i get plenty of range.

hybridmoments

hybridmoments's Reviews
06-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Price: $40.00
Pros: dont know yet
Cons: na
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Havent really used it yet.

GREASEMONKEY

GREASEMONKEY's Reviews
06-12-2010, 03:24 AM
Price: $59.00
Pros: Cobra quality that's been around for years. It's basically the same as the one i grew up with in my Grandfathers truck.
Cons: Bulky for mounting in a Jeep.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been looking to get a good CB for quite some time. My crappy little walmart CB finally gave out a few weeks ago, and I caught this Cobra on sale at the local truck stop. I figured it was a great price, so I nabbed one. Super easy 2 wire install, easy to use controls, and far more power than the cheapo $25 radios. I'm getting 5-7mi range in good conditions.

Squamer
Squamer's Reviews

05-12-2010, 02:58 AM
Pros: Great radio. Gets out.
Cons: No WX. No side band.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This CB is a very simple to use radio. For first timers it is very easy to tune and operate. Installation is very straight forward and requires no special skills. Good radio for the price, just make sure that it is paired with a quality antenna. Remember, a CB radio is only 1/3 of a good radio system.

Squamer
Squamer's Reviews

04-26-2010, 11:18 PM
Pros: This CB is great! Basic use, great for beginners. I have mine hook to a 7' Firestik. That combo is really able to get out......
Cons: Stock mic is lacking....upgrade to a better quality 4-pin.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: If you have the means....I highly recommend picking one up!

cjm7283
cjm7283's Reviews
03-29-2010, 10:30 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: basic 40 channel cb
Cons: basic 40 channel cb
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have the older one that was given to me. the new one has the mic jack on the front of radio. they retail for about 120 new

DroppedGT
DroppedGT's Reviews
03-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: Great reception quality controls
Cons: large size compared too some but for features so what
Recommended? Yes

Comments: bought used

jaketheswimmer
jaketheswimmer's Reviews
03-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Price: $160.00
Pros: great sound and its clear
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i use it every where i go its one thing i cant live with out

jsullivan878
jsullivan878's Reviews
02-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: good 2 to 5 mile range
Recommended? Yes

Comments: excellent garage sale item

MaulCrawler

MaulCrawler's Reviews
02-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Price: $80.00
Pros: Price
Cons: ....
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a cb for gods sake.....do we really need a review

_Trucker

'Bigger Member'
_Trucker's Reviews
01-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Price: $99.99
Pros: very reliable for a cheaper model,and a good platform to build on.
Cons: not a good quality mic out of the box,but nothing $50 on a road king 56 mic cant fix.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have been a truck driver/Owner for 10+ years,and have 1.2 million miles behind the wheel as well as thousands of hours behind the CB mic.The Cobra 29 Classic is one of the better products that you can get for $100 or less,it has the size and build quality of your higher end 10 meter radios and is a great platform to build on.You can spend in excess of $400+ getting a 55 watt or better radio,or buy a cobra 29 classic for $100 and invest an additional $150 in a reputable CB shop and have the same preformance for a little over half the cost.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »