Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Audio, CB, & Electrical > CB & HAM Radios > CB Radio

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

CB Radio Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product CB & HAM Radios Next Product

CB Radio

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $69.99
Average Price: $65.73
Manufacturer: Uniden
Recommended?
Yes: 68 / No: 5
Company Website: http://Tweaked

Uniden CB radio.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

lilbigman94
lilbigman94's Reviews
12-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Can adjust brightness
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Looks good
Not to big
Not to sma ll

zwzj4life
zwzj4life's Reviews
11-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Grandfather gave it to me
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cb radios make it easier to communicate when wheeling in large groups!

RedXJ119
RedXJ119's Reviews
10-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Price: $0.00
Pros: it works
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it works.... well

tylersTJ05

tylersTJ05's Reviews
08-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: fun for offroad
Cons: short range
Recommended? Yes

Comments: def a must have if u offroad with friends

TFTjeepers
TFTjeepers's Reviews
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Price: $60.00
Pros: Small fits virtually anywhere.
Cons: Internal speaker is a bit to quite
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a base model cheap cobra cb. It's very small so I mounted it to the drivers side dashboard. With a good antenna you'll get perfect reception. It fits well in the Cherokee.

TFTjeepers
TFTjeepers's Reviews
06-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a base model cheap cobra cb. It's very small so I mounted it to the drivers side dashboard. With a good antenna you'll get perfect reception. It fits well in the Cherokee.

TFTjeepers
TFTjeepers's Reviews
06-21-2011, 11:04 AM
Recommended? Yes

zander21510

Lord of Retro Machines
zander21510's Reviews
06-07-2011, 10:25 PM
Pros: 70's era CB Base station I found at my great-grandpa's house, extremely long range and great look.
Cons: it is a GIGANTIC brick on top of my dashboard lol, but it still looks cool.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This is a 70's era CB Radio Base station I found at my great grandpa's house. It has a plug to hook up via 12V DC, but I'm cheap and i just put an adapter on my cigarette lighter to use the regular AC cord. It has amazing range, but I would figure its partly because i have a Wilson magnetic whip on top of my car, it was about $50 and i would highly recommend it. CB's are fun and useful on the freeway and if you have buddies. My friend has a Midland CB on his F-150 with the same antenna, we can literally hear each other almost 4 miles away.

DayneZ
DayneZ's Reviews
06-07-2011, 08:35 AM
Price: $55.00
Pros: Great Range
Cons: Not any so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: CB radio works great. Got in from a yard sale not thinking it would be any good, but it is. I run a firestick that is mounted on my cargo rack and the signal is great wherever im at

SDphotoman

SDphotoman's Reviews
02-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: The Cobra "29 LX LE 50th Anniversary CB Radio" is a one of a kind limited edition radio.
Cons: It does not have the night watch switches.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I really like this radio for two reasons. First, Cobra finally brought their products to the 21st century with an updated design and new features. Secondly, Cobra didn't mess with a good thing when it came to making changes to the transmit and receive portions of the radio. Some people might complain that Cobra didn't make the Cobra 29 any better, they just added some bling to the radio and they might be right except for the fact that the new interface and features do improve the users experience with the radio. It's easier to see the channel display, you can adjust the color, you can scan the channels, and you can store and scan memory channels.

Now even though I found myself drawn to the new display I'd be failing my readers if I didn't point out a couple of things that drive me nuts with this radio.

The dual control knobs on this radio are awful. The volume knob is difficult to grab with your fingers and once you have a hold of it the knob is hard to turn. Same thing with the talkback knob. Now there are only two dual controls on this radio so it's not the end of the world, but the volume on/off knob was the one that really annoyed me. Maybe I just have big hands but I found it difficult to turn the radio on and off compared to previous models.

My only other real complaint is probably the bigger issue. Lack of NightWatch lighting on the control knobs make this radio hard to use in a vehicle in the dark.

The knobs are black and have no reflectivity making them hard to locate in night conditions. On older Cobra's without NightWatch because the knobs were chromed they at least would reflect some light inside the vehicle so you could make a guess at which one to turn. If they had been able to do backlit knobs of some sort on this model or added the Nightwatch type feature it would have really made the radio a slam dunk.

Overall I'm impressed and the new radio definitely has it's selling points. The more modern styling is much more suited to the newer vehicles of today and the display and features will garner more attention from those operators who like to tinker with their options. No need to add blue LED's to your Cobra 29 anymore to make it look cool, you can change colors with the touch of a button.

I'm not sure how well the menu knob will hold up over time and I'm pretty sure the display will be the first thing to go wrong if the radio is going to develop problems but only time will tell on the quality.

Big props to Cobra for taking the risk on the new technology, now if they can just make a SSB version I think they might be on to something.

Bosse
Bosse's Reviews
02-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Pros: decent range for a cheap cb.
Cons: don't have any. works when ever i need it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 40 Channels for 60 bucks. can't really beat it. sometimes th cheap things will get you out of a situation.

94chb

94chb's Reviews
01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Price: $20.00
Pros: works great
Cons: no squelch
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it works

Kitchen

Kitchen's Reviews
12-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Price: $10.00
Pros: Works great
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works great

GruntMarine
GruntMarine's Reviews
12-21-2010, 07:55 PM
Price: $25.00
Pros: works fine, nothing special, pretty loud.
Cons: not weather resistant
Recommended? Yes

Comments: it's a small cobra, walmart special

jeepin82

jeepin82's Reviews
10-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Price: $7.95
Pros: Free
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Free radio from my Father - In- Law just a radio shack freebie I have 7.95 in the cable from the antenna to the radio

Gobbles347
Gobbles347's Reviews
09-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Pros: It is a CB
Cons: Kind of old
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Just an old CB we had laying around the house

blackxjeep
blackxjeep's Reviews
08-28-2010, 04:14 PM
Price: $275.00
Pros: 10 and 11 meter operation, ssb am and fm, plus cleaning filters and noise cancellation. Six presets
Cons: price, size
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have the Magnum 257 ham radio, running on 11-meter CB AM. This radio has done an outstanding job getting TX out and picking up rogue or unclean signals. It sounds clear, loud, and precise. The controls and interface are awesome, and it's very user friendly. The only issue is the huge heatsink on the back makes it a bit larger than most expect, so plan a good mounting spot before clicking check out.

jebnmikki
jebnmikki's Reviews
07-27-2010, 05:34 AM
Price: $25.00
Pros: small and easy to mount
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a off brand but works fine.

z1mm3man
z1mm3man's Reviews
06-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Price: $123.45
Pros: They are fun to use as PA systems
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Again I got this for free as well although I had to pay for the speaker so i could use it as a PA system. It's just another cool gadget pretty much

Nicho

Nicho's Reviews
06-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Pros: Handheld
Cons: Reception
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good, but not great

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last