Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winch Cable and Hooks > Rusty's Offroad Tow Hook Kit

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Rusty's Offroad Tow Hook Kit Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winch Cable and Hooks Next Product

Rusty's Offroad Tow Hook Kit

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $75.00
Average Price: $63.57
Manufacturer: Rusty's Offroad
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 1

Should you happen to get yourself stuck you'll want a solid mounting point on the front of your vehicle to attach to. Our tow hook kit is made of 1/4" picked and oiled (higher quality), laser cut steel. It is built from one piece of steel: formed and welded, not several pieces welded together. Additionally, many manufacturers use 3/16" steel. This kit will fit XJ years '84-2001 including wagoneers. Comes with all parts needed (including bracketry and hooks) and is completely bolt-on with grade 8 hardware!

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

nateyz2000

nateyz2000's Reviews
05-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Price: $50.00
Pros: I bought them off cl, brand new in box, easy install
Cons: they only really have one job... how could there be a con?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: neat!

hafastjank
hafastjank's Reviews
04-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Price: $75.00
Pros: Good, solid hooks. Painted black. Beefy Hardware
Cons: Some parts of them started to rust already
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Well, your gonna go play in the woods, you need a good tow point. These hooks are about the cheapest solution you will find that offer a solid enough point to pull on. 2 plates sandwich the front part of the unibody. Not the most solid design IMO, but i haven't bent them yet.

negativecreep
negativecreep's Reviews
03-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Pros: Better mounting plates than stock.
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Hooks were very easy to install. They are stronger than stock, look great and function as advertised.

94yj03wj
94yj03wj's Reviews
11-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Pros: Verry Strong and look better than stock ones
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: These hooks are priced right. Installation is very easy, you just have to remove your front bumper to gain access to the unibody channels. They come with all the hardware you need and tell you the appropriate torque specs for them. No drilling is required, you just need to use a dremel, or even just a hand file, on one of the factory holes since it is only a half circle to mount the bracket. They have pulled a couple of my buddies out when i wasn't able to turn around and just use my reciever hitch. All in all a good buy.

JeepWJ

JeepWJ's Reviews
08-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Pros: Great tow hooks. They do their job.
Cons: One hole needs to be drilled out in order to fit the frame. The hooks also stick out further than I would like. EDIT: The brackets bend
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've used them (only to recover other people ), and they do their job. I'd rather they sat a little closer in, for better ground clearance, but I've never snagged them on anything...

One of the three holes that the hooks connect to on the WJ's frame isn't quite the right size (it's square, and a little too narrow for the Rusty's kit's bolt). I know it's not necessarily recommended, but I just run with the two bolts and it's plenty strong enough for pulling TJs and XJs out.

EDIT: I bent my brackets trying to pull a moderately built TJ off a log. Technically, since I was running only two bolts, I suppose it could be my fault, but looking at how the brackets bent, it doesn't look like the extra bolt would have helped; if anything, a thicker, or more reinforced bracket would have helped. I'm not going to change whether I recommend the product, because technically, I didn't install it correctly, but it's just something to think about before buying. Pics of the bent brackets in my build thread.

flyboy14295

flyboy14295's Reviews
09-28-2009, 11:00 PM
Pros: Add's tow hooks to the front of the vehicle
Cons: Brackets bend
Recommended? Yes

Comments: My bracket bent after I was really stuck. Very much my fault. A very good addition to the WJ

rob92xj
rob92xj's Reviews
08-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Pros: Tow hooks much needed when your stuck
Cons: bent mine
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I've had them installed for about 6 years now and have not broken them. They installed easily and look good, now I only with they were D-rings instead of hooks.

iowaneedshills

iowaneedshills's Reviews
08-06-2009, 12:15 AM
Price: $10.00
Pros: they're tow hooks
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually have Warn Tow Hooks, not Rusty's. The Warn hooks were not on the list.

RLWaderacin

RLWaderacin's Reviews

06-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Price: $100.00
Pros: The actual hook was built and holds up awesome.
Cons: Brackets
Recommended? No

Comments: I used the kit for the second time and it ripped the bracket. Maybe it was a good things since my unibody didnt bend or tear but I would not buy them again.

WranglerZac

WranglerZac's Reviews

03-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: had to trim front bumper slightly to make them fit but no big deal. overall very good product built very well.

randy2kxj
randy2kxj's Reviews

03-17-2009, 02:04 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i liek the tow hooks. i used them already, well abuddy used them when he pulled me out of a hole

DEEPERTHEBETTER
DEEPERTHEBETTER's Reviews

02-22-2009, 02:38 AM
Price: $40.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The last off brand set i had lasted two trips. I've had my rusty's kit on now for over a year and they are still doing the job.

SplitPoly
SplitPoly's Reviews

12-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Got these from Rusty's Offroad website.

Minor trimming of front fascia, nothing my Dremel tool couldn't handle.

They look great and are built like a tank.

I wish Grade 8 hardware was used throughout the entire kit.

GibsJeep
GibsJeep's Reviews

09-27-2008, 02:39 AM
Price: $15.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Horizontally mounted hooks for the WJ hold the strap loop more efficiently before and during a pull.

http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rustys&Product _Code=RR-TH11-WJ&Category_Code=rec_hit