Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winch Cable and Hooks > Masterpull Synthetic Winch Line

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Masterpull Synthetic Winch Line Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Winch Cable and Hooks Next Product

Masterpull Synthetic Winch Line

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $349.00
Average Price: $240.00
Manufacturer: Masterpull
Recommended?
Yes: 13 / No: 0

Masterpull synthetic winch rope is made using the world's strongest synthetic rope, DYNEX™. The M-P winch rope is only a fraction of the weight of a wire cable, and impressively up to 45% stronger than same size wire cable. Also, M-P winch rope is safer, lighter and easier to handle than the wire cable. And unlike wire cable, M-P winch rope has minimal snapback if the rope breaks. Due to the ropes light weight, M-P winch rope handles easily and even floats on water. This makes the M-P winch rope a great rope for rescues in water, on steep hills or in mountains, where weight really matters. More advantages include no curls, kinks, wire splinters or sore fingers.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

majgenjax
majgenjax's Reviews
05-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Price: $256.00
Pros: Light weight,strong, heavy duty hook was included as well as line protecting cover.
Cons: NONE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 5/16 x100' with G 100 Cobra hook.
Look in their "Garage Sale" link for
good deals.
Jax😎

B_faster
B_faster's Reviews
12-15-2009, 08:29 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Lighter and Stronger
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Cant wait to pull with it. Much safer than wire, Lighter and stronger.

meek61480
meek61480's Reviews

03-19-2009, 10:39 PM
Price: $349.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: best i haver ever seen. he is here in bellingham wa and he personaly installed the line. he even threw in a few d rings. i got to grey. it holds 21k lbs!!! enyone with cable line needs to give these guys a call and get the best there is, and thats masterpull all the way.

acrijos

acrijos's Reviews

11-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It greatly reduced weight on the front. It is also easier to handle and it has allowed me to increase the lenght that I carry in my winch.

Loctup
Loctup's Reviews

11-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Price: $175.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Completely destroyed my stock winch cable on it's first real test. It held, and got me out, but was so birdcaged and kinked as to be unable to respool completely. Replaced with Amsteel Blue. No worries.

Jason, aka: Jeepin.com

Vendor
Jason, aka: Jeepin.com's Reviews

06-02-2008, 11:26 AM
Price: $280.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Switched both our Jeeps to rope about 5 years ago and would never run steel cable again. So much easier and safer to use and handle.

sierraclimber1
sierraclimber1's Reviews

04-29-2008, 10:43 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: killer line that even floats. Got a thimble and rollers too. 30 percent stronger than steel.

goce61
goce61's Reviews

04-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Price: $200.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: nice to use

bobby john'son_asd-d!
bobby john'son_asd-d!'s Reviews

04-11-2008, 05:04 PM
Price: $100.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Works wonderful!

kieth
kieth's Reviews

02-16-2008, 09:51 PM
Price: $50.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Has worked out well!

fried_gold

fried_gold's Reviews

08-06-2006, 03:59 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: That's interesting. If you do the math, it would take nearly a sixteenth of an inch to add 3500 lbs of strength, making their rope close enough to 7/16 that they would have to label it as such or people wouldn't be able to fit it on their winch.

I couldn't find my electronic calipers but I measured mine with slide calipers and it's dead on 3/8. Since rope isn't exactly a solid object, I wasn't sure how accurate that was so I put two pennies on each side and measured the rope then subtracted the width of pennies and still came up with 3/8.

I suspect it may be a little bit larger, but a little bit stronger as well. At any rate, I don't trust anyone's rope measuring (mine especially) or rating system enough to say for sure.

mrblaine

Wizard of Brakes
mrblaine's Reviews
08-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As a clarification on the strength ratings, if you have a way to measure the diameter exactly, you will find that the diameter of the MP is a European standard and is slightly larger than other manufacturer's offerings in the diameter classification.

Not a reason not to buy, but it's a cute marketing trick that works pretty well.

I think it's similar to the difference between 10mm and 3/8's. 10mm is .393 in diameter and 3/8's is .375. That's .018 difference and when you're dealing with fibers with that much strength, a few of them will make a huge difference in the overall strength rating.

fried_gold

fried_gold's Reviews

08-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Price: $200.00
Pros: Strength, durability, safety, price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: After winching for a while with wire cable and battling kinks and coils, I decided that was for suckers and went shopping for a good synthetic line. Truth be told, I almost chose Masterpull because it came in a nice dull silver color instead of the brighter green and blue coloring that most synthetic lines sport, but what actually sold me on Masterpull was that their basic 3/8 winch line is rated at 23,500 lbs while most other brands are rated at 20,000 lbs (give or take a few hundred). You can buy stronger synthetic line, but it is more expensive and I wasn't interested in spending 300 more dollars for a couple thousand extra pounds of rating. At the time, Masterpull had the strongest basic line I could find, and probably still does.

I've been very pleased with the line. It's pulled me out of many stuck situations and is orders of magnitude easier to use than steel cable. If someone is helping rig my line for a pull, I feel a lot better knowing all the dangers that go with steel cable are no longer present.