Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winch Cable and Hooks > Iron Rock Off Road - XJ Tow Hook Mount w/Hooks

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Iron Rock Off Road - XJ Tow Hook Mount w/Hooks Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winch Cable and Hooks Next Product

Iron Rock Off Road - XJ Tow Hook Mount w/Hooks

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $119.99
Average Price: $119.99
Manufacturer: Iron Rock Off Road
Recommended?
Yes: 1 / No: 0
Company Website: http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-XTHM&Category_Code=PFX

Iron Rock Off Road is a manufacturer of premier off road parts, aimed specifically at the Jeep brand. When someone mentions IRO, quality parts and service comes to mind which is very apparent with this hook mount.

The entire transaction from start to finish was flawless. I first inquired about the product and discussed the issue of tow hooks versus d-rings/shackles. Luke Siedow, of IRO, ensured me that the hooks could take the abuse.

Shipping time was excellent with a 2-3 day turn around from order to receipt. The kit was packaged very well. The time and care invested not only into the welds (did I mention 3/16" steel plate?) but also in the powder coated finish was very obvious leaving the mount with a smooth appearance.

The kit includes:
1x Hook mount
2x Tow hooks (bolts, strap retainers and hooks)
1x Mounting bolt pack (2x 1/2" Grade 8 for front holes which is drilled and various other bolts, nuts, and washers)
1x Installation manual

Installation was easy, aside from drilling which was my fault for using dull bits. Some XJs have a lip on the front cross-member which I recommend to be hammered down flush in order to ensure the tightest fitment possible.

The mount uses the two sway bar mounting points and another one right in line. The fourth point on each side is drilled into the front of the cross-member. With 8 total points of contact, I feel the unibody would crack/bend before the mount would give. It seems that strong!

I would definitely recommend this over the Mopar kit or other brands that use far "lesser" means of securing the hook to the Jeep.

Given this transaction, I can safely say IRO has become my vendor of choice.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

kfallis
kfallis's Reviews

10-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Price: $119.99
Pros: very strong, nice fit, nice appearance definitely increases the strength of the front frames and adds a GREAT recovery point
Cons: I don't think the hooks will mount on the inboard side like they advertised, but that's OK, I wanted them on the outside anyway
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was about to buy a set of the tow hook brackets for the front of my XJ that mount to the three bumper mounting bracket bolts and one other point much further back on the frame. That style is not very strong and doesn't have much strength when pulling out to the side. I was very happy when I found this tow hook mount from Iron Rock Offroad and I am even happier now that I have it installed. This mount is very strong and I really like that it ties both the left and the right sides together. It looks great and tucks up under the bumper nicely. I completely removed the air dam under the bumper and trimmed that portion off of the corner guards. This helps with rubbing, clearance and give the Jeep a more aggressive stance. Thanks Iron Rock Offroad!