#1 ·
Product Information
Price $1000
Rating 4
Average Price $505.05
Manufacturer Warn
Recommended Yes: 157 / No: 0

M8000 SELF-RECOVERY WINCH
Compact. Tough. An outstanding value for trucks, sport utility vehicles and Jeeps!

The M8000, with its 4.8-hp Series Wound motor and 3-stage planetary geartrain, packs 8,000 lbs. of pulling power to get the job done!
Available with 100' of wire rope and roller fairlead.

Pulls a fast 8 ft. per minute at rated load.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Price $495
Rating 5
Pros Its a Warn!, Cheap, tough
Cons Does not come with mount for control box
Recommended yes

Comments: Bought this when 4wheelparts was having an awesome sale. Have only used it a couple times, but it works as described and was very easy to hook up. Will post more when Im able to really put it to a test.

#6 ·
Price $500
Pros Perfect size winch for most Jeeps and the price is right.
Cons No bracket included for remote solenoid.
Recommended yes

Comments: Like most people, I've only had to use mine a couple of times, but on both occassions it worked like a champ and made the initial purchase price seem like even more of a bargain. This is a great winch for backcountry exploration and is perfectly paired to the size/weight of the Jeep.

If you are needing to yard your rig up the vertical face of a waterfall on a regular basis, then this isn't the winch for you. For self-recovery in most any 'normal' off-highway situations, the M8000 is more than up to the task of getting you back on the road.

#8 ·
Rating 4
Pros price, reputation, works good
Cons solenoid pack blocks radiator
Recommended yes

Comments: Easy to mount and wire. Main complaint is the mount for the solenoid pack. It sits front and center of the radiator. The winch itself is offset to the passenger side because of the motor location. With longer cables, the controller pack would fit to the driver side of the winch on the winch plate with cables going over to the motor on the passenger side, which would let more air to the radiator.

#10 ·
Rating 4
Pros Great value for the money excellent product
Cons have to mount the sylenoid
Recommended yes

Comments: Overall you cant get a better winch for the money. Warn has a great reputation for outstanding products, and customer service. If someone is looking for a great winch and the best winch for there money they will buy the M8000

#11 ·
Rating 5
Pros high quality easy install
Cons hard cover wont fit
Recommended yes

Comments: Never had to use it for real yet but install was easy with the perfect amount of wire provided, i have of course practiced with it and it seems to work great, real user friendly.

#12 ·
Rating 3
Pros Does its intended job (when it works)
Cons Electrical controller box does not stand up to use/elements
Recommended yes

Comments: I've had mine for a few years. the first year+, it worked great.

Electrical problems started. Customer service has been alright. They have talked me through some troubleshooting on the phone, but the problem is still there.

I've given up on fixing it myself, and sent it out for servicing. Maybe when it comes back, I'll be happy again.

Sucks, because I bought it due to its reputation. Many other have had no problem with theirs...

#13 ·
Price $550
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: So far so good, I actually bought this this partiular winch because I got to witness the use of one like it first hand, it performed well on many occasions,and the guy said that he had used it regularly for 7yrs. the price was $550 with a lifetime warranty

#17 ·
Price $450
Rating 3
Recommended yes

Comments: enjoy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.