Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > Warn 9.5 ti

ARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan KitsPoison Spyder DeFender Inner Fender KitsCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Warn 9.5 ti Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

Warn 9.5 ti

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $921.06
Average Price: $53,840,082,645,565.41
Manufacturer: Warn
Recommended?
Yes: 135 / No: 0

9.5ti THERMOMETRIC SELF-RECOVERY WINCH
The 9.5ti packs 9500 lbs of pulling capacity into a massive 12.5 lb aluminum die-cast body. This winch not only looks great, but sheds the elements like no other winch on the market: seals at the key points give extreme-duty water resistance. A Gen II Series Wound motor delivers just the right balance between torque and speed. Plus another Warn Industries first - operator feedback - the thermometric indicator gives the operator information about motor temperature during the winching operation.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last

jhughes2013

jhughes2013's Reviews

08-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Price: $950.00
Pros: Thermometric LED in the handle
Cons: Doesn't have the thermometric LED for the wireless remote and it's expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's expensive but you get what you pay for. I bought the CTI version with the thermometric indicator that lights up when it gets too hot. First few attempts to get the CJ stuck just didn't happen so I found a nasty mud hole. Executed about a 75 degree side pull out on my CJ during the "test" with a single line and never had to let off the trigger. It pulled the front of the Jeep sideways like a plow in the mud. I was very impressed (until I had to clean everything underneath of course).

Price shipped from Q-tec (the best value when I bought it) was around $950 after $150 rebate and a free wireless remote ($150 value). The UPS guy wasn't very happy but he did manage to get that sucker up on my porch.

It was easy to install. I made my own bumper for it because I wanted to see as much of the Warn as possible. It's just a beautiful thing. I also bought the neoprene cover for it. I was concerned it might blow off but it holds like glue even at 90 (only once for another "test"). The cover started fading at about 6 months.

I don't like spending that much but I really hate being late for family dinner because I cheaped out on an asset. I couldn't be happier knowing it'll always be there and strong when I really need it. It's like insurance.

cconn

Mud Bogger
cconn's Reviews
02-25-2013, 03:12 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Nice look, easy to install.
Cons: Price
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Easy to mount and install. Have no had to use it yet for recovery. i will update in the future.

HKguy
HKguy's Reviews
12-06-2012, 09:56 PM
Price: $1,100.00
Pros: Nice finish, comes with a good remote.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good winch so far. Black finish seems to be holding up. I replaced the cheap hook for a larger locking foundry hook. It definitely comes with enough wire rope. Make sure you respool before you pull.

Pawjob

Pawjob's Reviews
10-16-2012, 08:41 AM
Pros: Fast line speed, 125ft cable
Cons: When you release the direction button it doent stop right away.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I only used it 3 times in the past two years but every time it worked flawless. Fast line speed and 125 ft of wire rope makes this a good recovery winch.

AGGIEINFLA
AGGIEINFLA's Reviews
09-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Price: $1,000.00
Pros: well constructed
Cons: expensive
Recommended? Yes

Comments: would hace perfered synthetic line, was not an OEM option when i purcacsed

KrzyMoke
KrzyMoke's Reviews
05-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Price: $1,050.00
Pros: Quality, Price and included accessories
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased this a long time ago. Item came with all mounting hardware, cables, Wired Remote and Roller Fairlead. Cables were sturdy and had connectors were stout. Wired Remote is pretty straight forward. Roller Fairlead has a smooth action and rollers are easy to remove for greasing when needed.

When installing: I put conductive Anti-Seize on the connections to limit corrosion/oxidation and I used a piece of electrical tape to keep the nut in the mount while installing. I installed this with my ARB Bull Bar already on my jeep since it replaced my aging M8000i. No complaints with anything Warn.

JKsJK
JKsJK's Reviews
05-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Price: $1,250.00
Pros: 9.5 CTI-S. Fast and light
Cons: Expensive, but you get what you paid for. Burrs on the mount had to be removed before installation.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased the 9.5 CTI-S to keep the weight off the bumper. Weighs around 65 pounds all in. Pulled myself off a rock first weekend out with no issues. Following weekend, pulled two rigs up Widowmaker on Metal Masher in Moab. Fast line speed with no issues.

Gloss powder coating looks great also.

chris4jeep
chris4jeep's Reviews
01-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: good for pulling the heavy loads
Cons: hard to work on if something goes wrong.... but nothing ever goes wrong! haah
Recommended? Yes

Comments: best winch ill ever own! only have had 1 issue.... i think its the silinoids (if thats how you spell it) but besides that it has worked whenever I need it! It is also GREAT for pulling out big loads or when you are at a steep incline! BUY ONE!!!!

DStlHmr
DStlHmr's Reviews
10-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Price: $1,200.00
Pros: Strong and reliable
Cons: Haven't discovered anything yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very nice product. Haven't had the opportunity to put it through a lot yet.

k8ysv

k8ysv's Reviews
08-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Price: $1,300.00
Pros: Warn name. Very sturdy and powerful. Reliable too
Cons: NOT cheap.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: You get what you pay for, and this winch is not cheap. However, you can count on it to be there for you when you need it and get you out of spots you should have known better than to get into in the first place.

Kindness

Kindness's Reviews

07-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Price: $1,119.00
Pros: Legendary WARN Quality - Free Wireless Remote - Rebate
Cons: EXPENSIVE
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I dont know if WARN owners all love their winch because they paid so much for it and need to justify that price with a lot of love, but damn, this thing has never let me down.

If you can afford it, buy WARN.

Shiguy
Shiguy's Reviews
06-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Price: $1.00
Pros: Hardcore!
Cons: Slow reel in. Compared to newer ones.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Winch came on vehicle from previous owner. he had never used it in the 3 years he owned it as he was not an off-roader. Used it on my first trip to get a buddy out and came through with flying colors. Have submerged as well with no problems. Would def recommend.

SDDAVE
SDDAVE's Reviews
05-21-2011, 10:56 AM
Price: $989.00
Pros: Its a Warn
Cons: Price?
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have not used my winch yet, but have seen others in use.

parcours
parcours's Reviews
05-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Pros: Fast, excellent quality
Cons: Poor braking.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Excellent winch, just wish the brake would work better.

Liquid741

Liquid741's Reviews
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM
Pros: ease of use
Cons: didnt come with a winch cover...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: the front plate seemed to oxidize...this is a bit frustrating. but other then that the ease of use is awesome!

whatnow
whatnow's Reviews

12-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Price: $1,299.99
Pros: Quick spool, powerful
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought this winch thinking i would use it all the time. but since i got it i havent gotten stuck... lol. i used it for the first time the other day to pull a E-350 diesel conversion van back up out of the yard (after three days of pouring rain) it pulled it without a problem. needless to say that van is a heck of a lot heavier than the jeep but it didnt have a problem. great winch.

Rubicon985
Rubicon985's Reviews
11-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Price: $1,299.00
Pros: Good, solid winch. Easy to install and works great.
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Used it for the first time last weekend. No problems and it pulled great.

slewfoot
slewfoot's Reviews
10-25-2010, 12:57 AM
Price: $1,484.95
Pros: Fast, sturdy, relatively easy to mount, powerful
Cons: Have not come across any yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: No review at this time as I have installed it very recently. It seem quite powerful, quiet and fast.

OEFsapper
OEFsapper's Reviews
07-28-2010, 02:10 PM
Price: $650.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: Nothing
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this winch and plate off craigslist used. I have used it multiple times and works great every time. It does use a lot of juice to run under extreme pulling situations which I had expected. Great product, highly recommended.

glockster

glockster's Reviews
07-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Pros: It's a WARN
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I wanted a winch that had the solenoid pack integrated into the winch housing. The 9500ti was the winch I chose. 2 wire hook up and your done with it. Looks good and has a nice aluminum frame to protect it all.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last