Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > Smittybilt XRC10 Winch

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Smittybilt XRC10 Winch Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

Smittybilt XRC10 Winch

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $395.47
Manufacturer: Smittybilt
Recommended?
Yes: 61 / No: 2

Rated Line Pull: = 10000 lbs.
Voltage: =12V
Motor: =5.5 HP Series Wound Motor
Remote Control: = 12 Ft. Lead
3 Stage planetary gear system
218:1 gear ratio

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »

mcgoo26

mcgoo26's Reviews
03-23-2011, 02:13 PM
Price: $399.99
Pros: none
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: A raised winch plate is recommended by Quadratec. If I remember correctly, without it you will have to drill into the SRC front bumper and the fair-lead will sit lower then the front of the bumper.

RedRock527
RedRock527's Reviews
02-27-2011, 02:39 AM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Cheaper than a WARN, free shipping, and a free cover! Plus the Extreme Lifetime Warranty
Cons: Roller fairlead did not work on my ARB bumper. Instructions should include info on rotating the clutch assembly/reclocking it
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was impressed with the winch just when I picked the box up. 99 lbs!
Out of the box it looks awesome, instructions are alright for basic installation. Everything is pretty straight forward for most applications except mine.

I disliked having to buy a different roller fairlead, but oh well. I haven't used the winch yet, but I can always update this if for some reason it doesn't perform well, which I highly doubt. Seems like a solid product.

phillies4752

Web Wheeler
phillies4752's Reviews
01-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Price: $325.00
Pros: Great affordable winch for those weekend warriors
Cons: None so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Awesome winch that I haven't had a problem with. Ive had it about a year and it has saved some of my friends a couple times. Seems like its well build like any Warn out there if not better. From what I hear the customer service is well liked.

Scooter_Trash
Scooter_Trash's Reviews
01-18-2011, 11:18 PM
Price: $360.00
Pros: To be determined
Cons: To be determined
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I'll write more later

akordboy

akordboy's Reviews
12-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: easy to install, synthetic line included
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I haven't gotten to use it yet, but from what I've read it does fine. The synthetic line came with a hook, which I replaced with a safety thimble.

Jesse_87
Jesse_87's Reviews
12-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Pros: Strong.
Cons: None yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Remote cord is plenty long enough. Wiring was "idiot proof" simple. Included 100' cable, remote control, replaceable hook, fairlead and hand saver pull strap.

williamwells8
williamwells8's Reviews
10-17-2010, 09:58 PM
Pros: it will get me out of mud if i ever get stuck. if i ever........
Recommended? Yes

Comments: 10,000 lb. enough said for 400 dollars. roll tide roll

HanksRide

Web Wheeler
HanksRide's Reviews

09-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Price, Installation, and Overall General Use, Controls
Cons: None So Far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had mine for about 8 months now, used it 2 times, once to pull my tractor out of a ditch and once to recover my jeep from a bog hole. Both times it worked flawless. Seems to be a great product for people like me with the occasional use / recovery efforts. I think I am going to hunt stuck folks in the snow this year and yank them out of the ditch.

officerh
officerh's Reviews
08-14-2010, 04:20 AM
Price: $600.00
Pros: Heavy Duty, Synthetic 10K line
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased the competition XRC10 Winch and it works great. Love the Synthetic line, no need for gloves and no more cuts to the hands.

campcook063
campcook063's Reviews
08-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Price: $279.99
Pros: easy to setup and install
Cons: box is heavier than labeled
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this product was a breeze to install on my jeep, and the wiring is really simple and straight forward as well. the only thing that i have to say is i was charged additional shipping on delivery from ups because they said the box was overweight, i called 4x4hardware, where i bought the winch from and they issued a credit to my account for the difference, talk about good customer service. but the winch itself seems really solid and made of quality parts, even though i have not yet had the opportunity to use it.... (i dont know if that is a good thing or a bad thing)

Snick
Snick's Reviews
06-20-2010, 02:01 AM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Pulled out a Tahoe the other day
Cons: Paint is fading and some rust after 1yr
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Powerful but not for salty areas considering the rust after 1 year. Also paint is fading. If you are on a budget it does the job well but looses the shine in a year if you live in Michigan

mtncrawler
mtncrawler's Reviews
05-31-2010, 01:38 AM
Pros: Great winch for the money!
Cons: Ditch the steel cable and switch to synthetic winch rope line.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This winch got some heavy use during the winter pulling multiple rigs up a deep slushy wet cement snow climb one after another with no issues and no sign of letting up! I do recommend getting the synthetic winch line for it though.

rayden448
rayden448's Reviews
05-01-2010, 02:38 AM
Pros: Good line speed and easy install.
Cons: Motor heats up pretty fast.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased this winch about a year ago from 4WD. The first one I received quit working after about the 5th time I used it. I contacted them and they had me send in the whole unit and they picked up the shipping cost. When I sent off the winch I forgot to send off the control along with everything else, and they still sent me a winch complete with new control. Only took about 1 1/2 weeks to receive new winch. No problems since. Very happy with smittybilt customer service.

TJagain
TJagain's Reviews
04-14-2010, 03:57 PM
Price: $600.00
Pros: rope is the way to go, and actually has great line speed!
Cons: powder coating fades a bit (cosmetic)
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its been a solid winch! great price (half of what a warn is with a rope)
plus I paid 100 bucks for a lifetime warranty, how can you not get this!
used at least 15 times, twice for me and the rest to help others, got paid in some of the assists, ($120 so far)

billymac4511
billymac4511's Reviews
03-30-2010, 05:24 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Works effortlessly.
Cons: The cover for the remote control tears easily as it sticks in the plug-hole. The free-spool lever is chrome and after less than a week, it started to show signs of rust.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the Smittybilt XRC-10 Comp winch. It came with an aluminum hawse fairlead with XRC stamped in it, as well as the winch and synthetic rope. I wished the rope had a thimble at the end instead of a permanently attached hook in a stainless loop. No biggy.

I installed it on a smittybilt winch plate with a smittybilt prerunner-style bumper. Be very careful on how the hawse installs. It is very easy to install it too low so that the rope drags on the front flange of the winch plate! This contact will smoke your rope in one pull or less! I learned the hard way but smittybilt sent me another rope at no cost to me! Like I said, great customer service!

billymac4511
billymac4511's Reviews
03-30-2010, 05:22 AM
Price: $550.00
Pros: Very happy with the price and customer service I received through Smittybilt
Cons: The free-spool lever is chrome and is showing signs of rust after being installed for only a week or so.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased the Smittybilt XRC-10 Comp winch. It came with an aluminum hawse fairlead with XRC stamped in it, as well as the winch and synthetic rope. I wished the rope had a thimble at the end instead of a permanently attached hook in a stainless loop. No biggy.

I installed it on a smittybilt winch plate with a smittybilt prerunner-style bumper. Be very careful on how the hawse installs. It is very easy to install it too low so that the rope drags on the front flange of the winch plate! This contact will smoke your rope in one pull or less! I learned the hard way but smittybilt sent me another rope at no cost to me! Like I said, great customer service!

Jeep43
Jeep43's Reviews
03-16-2010, 02:05 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: looks awesome and performs awesome
Cons: remote is kinda clumsy to use
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i have not had any problems with this winch and it performs excellent

TennesseeTJ02

TennesseeTJ02's Reviews
02-02-2010, 02:58 AM
Pros: Great price and pulls well.
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Its a great winch and seems to pull well

DivineKaos
DivineKaos's Reviews
01-15-2010, 06:40 PM
Price: $349.00
Pros: Rocks!
Cons: Doesn't suck!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Meets all of my needs and more. I have had zero issues with it.

racenkiwi

racenkiwi's Reviews
01-10-2010, 01:39 PM
Pros: its there when needed, pulls alot of weight
Cons: haven't found any
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have used mine a few times now(never on myself), and it gets the job done. Helped some kids that got them self stuck after doing something stupid in the mud. It even pulled a mid 80's Suburban up a hill with no problems. It may be a little slow but it will finish the race. Looks sharp, and even works perfect after hitting a deer, and destroying the power box.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last »