Motor: =5.5 HP Series Wound Motor
Remote Control: = 12 Ft. Lead
3 Stage planetary gear system
218:1 gear ratio

#3 ·
Price $349
Rating 4
Recommended yes

Comments: Great winch for the money. Very well made. I was weary about buying one at first until others in our club bought them and I saw how well they worked.

#7 ·
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: ........

#9 · (Edited)
Price $389
Rating 2
Pros Great price! Works well! shipped very quickly!
Cons Very loud, sounds like a rock tumbler or like its mashing gravel.
Recommended yes

Comments: Pulls great but sounds like its grinding rocks around. (that seems to be the trademark sound of a smittybilt winch) It pulls hard and does not seem as slow as many seem to complain about.

#10 ·
Price $357
Rating 5
Recommended yes

Comments: Awesome. Heavy duty and great price. Highly recommended! Made my own winch plate it was easy to install. Wiring is T-max so it may be from them.

#11 ·
Price $359
Rating 2
Recommended yes

Comments: I haven't installed the winch yet..........................................................................................................................

#17 ·
Price $400
Pros excellent price, very capable, no issues
Cons doesn't have a 'W' on it... oh well..
Recommended yes

Comments: What a great winch for a reasonable price. 10,000 lbs is a good amount for the JK, although I haven't fully tested that she has performed really well. Good customer service from smittybilt thus far

#18 ·
Price $399
Pros Well made, very heavy, nice cabling. Great look with optional mounting for control box.
Cons Remote plug is on front and will not mount correctly on the sister bumper, the XRC front bumper.
Recommended yes

Comments: I purchased the XRC winch and bumper combo. See my other review about the bumper, but the winch is made very well and extremely heavy made. The winch mounted right on the bumper, but the design needs the remote plug made on the back of the control box instead of the front. I had to move the remote plug to the back of the control box to make it mount correctly because the front bumper guard blocks the remote plug whether the box is mounted on the rails or the motor. Other than that is a sweet set.

#19 ·
Price $399
Pros Easy to install, heavy duty and well built
Cons TBD
Recommended yes

Comments: Took only about 1 1/2 to install winch onto bumper, fired up easily, hear the motor wind up and seems to be pretty strong!

#21 ·
Price $400
Pros This winch is a great value. A Warn would be a $1000 easy. Simple controls. The option of where you want to mount the power pack.
Cons As long as it keeps pulling no cons. It has'nt failed me yet.
Recommended yes

Comments: As long as you can find something strong to hook to, it will pull you out. The first time I used it I did'nt like the rough noise it made, but after doing some research it is a common traight of this winch (it's only down side) that does'nt affect it's performance at all. I don't care what noise it makes as long as it continues to work so well for such a cheap price. Heck I could buy another for a spare and still not pay what it cost for one Warn. I know they are good, but a Warn would'nt get me any more unstuck than my XRC10.

#22 ·
Price $400
Pros Great pull power. So far a strong wire cable.
Cons A little slow but it gets the jobs done
Recommended yes

Comments: So far i ahve only had to use this once to pull me out and it worked great. Also used it to help pull out a brush fire truck when one of my crew members got it stuck and it worked great.

#23 ·
Price $409.99
Pros Fast line speed compared to my old winch (chicago electric 8klbs), Great Price
Cons none so far
Recommended yes

Comments: Price included a lifetime warranty installation was a breeze. Power cable terminals were just a tad small to fit over my marine style battery terminals. Power cables were just barely long enough for the run from bumper to battery

#25 ·
Price $400
Pros its there when needed, pulls alot of weight
Cons haven't found any
Recommended yes

Comments: I have used mine a few times now(never on myself), and it gets the job done. Helped some kids that got them self stuck after doing something stupid in the mud. It even pulled a mid 80's Suburban up a hill with no problems. It may be a little slow but it will finish the race. Looks sharp, and even works perfect after hitting a deer, and destroying the power box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.