Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > Smittybilt XRC10 Winch

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Smittybilt XRC10 Winch Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

Smittybilt XRC10 Winch

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $500.00
Average Price: $395.47
Manufacturer: Smittybilt
Recommended?
Yes: 61 / No: 2

Rated Line Pull: = 10000 lbs.
Voltage: =12V
Motor: =5.5 HP Series Wound Motor
Remote Control: = 12 Ft. Lead
3 Stage planetary gear system
218:1 gear ratio

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last

Prestrong
Prestrong's Reviews
06-16-2014, 08:20 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

MikeGonzo
MikeGonzo's Reviews
04-21-2014, 06:50 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: EASY TO INSTALL AND WORKS PERFECTLY
Cons: NONE, IT WORKS TO PULL ME THROUGH KEEPS ME HAPPY
Recommended? Yes

Comments: EASY TO INSTALL AND MOUNTED UP TO MY BUMPER PERFECTLY, REMOTE CABLE IS LONG ENOUGH TO USE SAFELY IN MANY DIFFERENT SENARIOS. I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY EXCEPT I LOVE IT

GeoMiller3
GeoMiller3's Reviews

02-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Price: $599.00
Pros: NONE
Cons: CHINESE BUILT, Solenoid Broke First Try, Synthetic Rope Broke First Pull, Warranty Sucks, Customer Service did everything they could to NOT honor Warranty!
Recommended? No

Comments: This X2O is complete GARBAGE! I bolted it up and began winding in the Synthetic Rope and the Solenoid would not shut off. I pulled off the remote and it kept going. So I hurry and opened the hood and ripped off the power wire. It seemed to be a glitch and I went out that weekend and got stuck on purpose to try the winch. Again the winch stuck on and could not be stopped short of ripping out the power wire. Stranded 50 miles out in the woods, I had to figure out something. So I stood in the water and kept touching the power cable to the terminal to get the winch to pull me out of only 2 feet of water and then the Synthetic rope broke with light to moderate pulling and still didn't get me out. So the Solenoid is bad, the rope broke and extreme danger in use (Standing in Water & Breaking Parts). I paid $300 for a recovery unit to come and get me.

I called Smittybilt in California and they were cocky, arrogant and NOT customer friendly. They said we DO NOT REPLACE ROPE FOR FAILURE and then tried to beat the warranty by asking how long I have owned the unit (less than a month) and then asked if I was pulling more than the 10,000lbs and I said No, my Cherokee. The representative did everything he could NOT to have to honor their warranty. I was expecting an apology and amazing customer support and got the complete opposite! DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AS THERE IS MUCH BETTER FOR THE SAME MONEY! Oh yeah...then I read that it is built in China and then it all made sense! Do yourself a BIG FAVOR and buy USA Built and not ****tybilt! SMITTYBILT Just cannot stand behind their crappy products!

mboles
mboles's Reviews
06-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: 10,00 lb limit
Cons: nylon rope
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I havent had to use my winch yet so i can't give an accurate review of this

0llll0

0llll0's Reviews
10-28-2012, 12:25 AM
Price: $399.99
Pros: Great product, and winching power.
Cons: Tough install with the winch plate, the cables are very close to the grill.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I actually purchaced the smittybilt X20 10000# winch, but that wasn't an option here. I have a tubular front bumper so I needed the riser plate also. The install was a little pain, due to my tweeked bumper. However the wires are touching the grill, which I do not like. I have my control box located on top of the winch, which is the only place I could put it due to my bumper. Overall it is a great product and I would recommend it.

Ag06TJ
Ag06TJ's Reviews
08-28-2012, 02:41 AM
Pros: It pulls quick and gets Jeeps unstuck...
Cons: It makes a rather horrendous noise when it's pulling, and when I wired it up IAW the instructions the winch shorted..
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This has been my first winch purchase, and I love it. It's a bit noisy, and I wish it would've given a little more clearance for the wire to not spool perfectly every time. I haven't had it fail me yet, and have used it for about 20 pulls on separate occasions.

SamPsychoWise

SamPsychoWise's Reviews
06-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: n/a
Cons: pay out handle rusted, rollers rusted, plastic fadded
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought on a budget. Have yet to "need it". So far only used it to help my buddy lift a safe out of the back of his Dodge 3500HD. Worked well.

Joshtjeep
Joshtjeep's Reviews
04-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: strong, durable
Cons: fades a little
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this saved me a few times and it has worked great, best winch for the price

HoustonTJ
HoustonTJ's Reviews
04-18-2012, 11:48 PM
Price: $379.00
Pros: Lifetime warranty from 4WD.com $419 to the door.
Cons: .
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

fxracin02
fxracin02's Reviews
03-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Pros: Great winching strength and speed
Cons: none that i know of
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great winch for the money. Has never let me down in over a year.

sp3nc3r
sp3nc3r's Reviews
01-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Pros: Solid and reliable
Cons: Slow
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this about six months before warn came out with their less expensive line. But I am happy with it. It's gotten wet and still works. Installation was easy. A bit slow, but safe recovery should be. I painted the rusting knob black and that worked just fine. Good product for the price.

07lane40
07lane40's Reviews
12-27-2011, 12:34 AM
Price: $499.00
Pros: WAterproof hook w/ retainer magnetic control
Cons: none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: this is the X2O waterproof version. getting ready to take it out this week. initial look is great. reeling it in under tension winch looked good. will report back with first testing.

WranglerMike
WranglerMike's Reviews
12-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Price: $489.00
Pros: big looking XRC12!!! not 10
Cons: wiring was faulty. even after they sent a replacement solenoid. had pro install and still didnt help. have to talk to them again to send me a full wiring kit
Recommended? No

Comments: if youre going to buy a winch, spend the extra money on the good brands. i wish i would have

Uncfan900
Uncfan900's Reviews
12-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Pros: Pulls Great, Great Construction
Cons: Could be better solenoid mount
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Strong Pull, Never Failed me, Got an anything Warranty on it through 4wd center

Mistic
Mistic's Reviews
09-30-2011, 04:43 PM
Pros: Reliable and Not Real Expensive
Cons: None Right Now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed very easy....There 2nd generation units now have alot nicer Solenoid then a few years back....and for a fairly inexpensive setup it is a really nice winch. I have a Ramsey ATV 2500lbs winch and I can honestly say that this Smittybilt unit is built just as well and have been holding up great. A++ in my book!

speedyjeeper
speedyjeeper's Reviews
06-29-2011, 02:58 PM
Price: $399.00
Pros: Its a winch and it serves its purpose
Cons: Non Yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have had no problems with it yet. Granted I have only used it about four times. Easy install onto the smittybilt bumper and the remote control reached from the outside to the inside of my wrangler. Used it 2 times to pull myself out of sticky situations. Once to get a friend out of about three feet of snow in the mountains without problems. And the last time i have used it was to get a downed tree off the trail. So far no problems but then again i rarely use it so im not to sure how it does for frequent heavy duty use but for occasional use it works just fine.

rubytj
rubytj's Reviews

06-11-2011, 10:01 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Ease of operation Power
Cons: The control is sometimes a bit stubborn to turn to free spool even brand new on mine
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great winch for the price. Ive used it a lot and never let me down.

mcgoo26

mcgoo26's Reviews
05-19-2011, 07:26 PM
Pros: Not too bad to install, works real well.
Cons: none yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was able to winch a full size chevy truck out of a mud hole a few weeks ago. Granted I had to be ancored to another truck, but the wich was able to pull the truck out. Right now I am looking at replacing the cable. After pulling the truck out, I ended up with kinks and bends. If you have the extra cash, I would advise spending it on a synthetic winch rope (about $200).

TJagain
TJagain's Reviews
04-18-2011, 12:10 PM
Price: $450.00
Pros: great price plus paid extra 100 for lifetime warranty and came with synthetic line
Cons: stickers fade really bad and powder coating fades a little
Recommended? Yes

Comments: great winch, first time used pulled a f-350 long bed deisel frame deep, no issues!

GuzzyWrangler
GuzzyWrangler's Reviews
03-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Price: $549.00
Pros: Light weight rope, easier to handle
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Synthetic Rope is awesome. A lot easier to handle, light weight. I would recommend a pulley, less stress on the more cheaper winches and i want mine to last forever. Buy a cover, UV rays damage the synthetic rope slowly. bought it from winchdepot.com, free shipping and free cover

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 > Last