Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > SmittyBilt XRC 8 Winch

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

SmittyBilt XRC 8 Winch Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

SmittyBilt XRC 8 Winch

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $900.00
Average Price: $306.63
Manufacturer: SmittyBilt
Recommended?
Yes: 275 / No: 9

Direct from 4wd.com:

The NEW Smittybilt XRC8 8,000lb winch has a hand wound permanent magnetic motor which is the standard for the true off Roader. This is the most reliable motor on the market today. Two Year Limited Warranty, 4.1 hp motor, 3-stage planetary gear system, 265:1 reduction ratio for fast line speed, free spooling, automatic load-holding brake, power in and out and a roller fairlead. A 12 ft illuminated handheld remote control,. Comes with a 5/16" x 92 galvanized aircraft cable with replaceable hook. Mounting bolt pattern: 10" x 4.5", OAL Dim. 21" x 6.22" x 7.283". This item incurs a $19.99 shipping surcharge.

-Rated line pull: 8,000 lbs. (3629 kg) single line
-Gear train: planetary gear system
-Gear ratio: 265:1
-Motor (permanent magnet): 4.1 hp (3kw), 12volt

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last

Cadreamin
Cadreamin's Reviews
11-27-2014, 02:36 PM
Price: $369.00
Pros: Great price easy installation over all great product
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Very easy install, bought winch plate separately, very well built for the price. It suits my budget and works well. Good investment.

Maryland95YJ
Maryland95YJ's Reviews
07-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: does its job cheap
Cons: cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great for the price.

sippi4x4man
sippi4x4man's Reviews
07-12-2014, 05:28 AM
Pros: Strong enough to pull my Jeep with ease
Cons: The free spool switch has a tendency to lock up or fail
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This winch came with my Jeep when I purchased it. I have only used it once and the free spool switch is stuck. The grease inside the winch is too thick and needs to be serviced frequently

joeyride
joeyride's Reviews
05-05-2014, 08:11 PM
Pros: Cheap yet strong
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have had it buried in mud water and snow. Never skipped a beat great deal compared to warn

L1ght
L1ght's Reviews
04-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Price: $299.99
Pros: ...
Cons: ...
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Write Review Here
- Please be detailed with your Review of this product. Other Jeepers will be using your review to decide on purchase.
- Avoid single sentence reviews. Very short and non-informative reviews will be deleted.
- All users of JeepForum can upload attachments in Reviews. Please do so! Click 'Manage Attachments' below the review input box.

fohringer89
fohringer89's Reviews
04-09-2014, 09:11 AM
Pros: Works great never let me down
Cons: None that I could find for the price!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Winch Works great! Ive only ever had to use it to pull my buddies out but I like the fact that the remote cable is long enough to control from the driver s seat.

Burgataish
Burgataish's Reviews
03-29-2014, 10:09 PM
Price: $260.00
Pros: good price. pretty durable takes abuse well
Cons: very slow cable speed but you get what you pay for.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Doesn't seem to draw much on charging system. came with nice grade 8 hardware. hasn't over heated with the light use i have put on it.

Mrjones505
Mrjones505's Reviews
01-29-2014, 01:19 AM
Price: $260.00
Pros: none yet
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't put it on yet but will soon update

deerslayer123

deerslayer123's Reviews
01-04-2014, 01:52 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Does what I need it to do
Cons: Connection plug for controls sometimes doesn't make or loses connection
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This winch works well for the weekend warrior. I believe the winch is good for the price point. For what I use mine for suits me well. I use my winch more for ranch use and not so much pulling the jeep out of a canyon. I don't put myself in positions where I'd use my winch a lot so it seemed better for me to save my money for other mods. The only problem I have encountered is the connection point between the winch and controls sometimes loses connection. I have to wiggle the connection to get it to connect again. This has happened a few times. It also sun fades pretty quick. I don't have a cover on mine and with the Texas sun beating down on it took only one summer to fade. The top sticker also bubbled, but mechanically it works fine other than previous listed problem. While this winch is no Warn, its also 1/2 the price. If your pulling your jeep from canyons and trusting it with your 30K rig then you might want to consider a better quality winch, but if you use it once in a while and your just pulling your buddy out of the mud or just getting him/her or yourself over an obstacle you should be fine.

jeepnutz

jeepnutz's Reviews
12-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Price: $249.00
Pros: nice product for the price
Cons: use the cover to protect the solenoid from water corrosion as this winch does not have water proof box
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great winch for the money

nfdff805

Proud TJ Owner
nfdff805's Reviews

09-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Price: $499.00
Pros: Comp series, wire rope, Hawse Fairlead
Cons: Solenoid is not seal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have used this several times, never had a failure yet. I opted for the Comp series. Out of the box was simple to wire together and mount the solenoid. The only issue I have had is the fact that the solenoid is not sealed, easy fix.

nfdff805

Proud TJ Owner
nfdff805's Reviews

09-25-2013, 01:13 PM
Pros: Comp series, wire rope, Hawse Fairlead
Cons: Solenoid is not seal
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have used this several times, never had a failure yet. I opted for the Comp series. Out of the box was simple to wire together and mount the solenoid. The only issue I have had is the fact that the solenoid is not sealed, easy fix.

nfdff805

Proud TJ Owner
nfdff805's Reviews

09-25-2013, 02:27 AM
Pros: Upgraded to comp series, wire rope, Hawse fairlead, simple wire in, multiple ways to wire the solenoid box.
Cons: solenoid box is not waterproof.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I have used my winch several time, and even in the pouring rain, and never had a fail. The very first time I had to use it I was hurried to the body tub in mud, and pushed the button and nothing... The control was in backwards! I corrected it and it worked like a charm!

springle57
springle57's Reviews
09-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Pros: Cheap, easy to install, strong enough for Jeep, occasional pickup that needs to be saved!
Cons: Slow rewind compared to the Warn's
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It will pull me up a trail so it serves it's purpose. Have used it more pulling fence posts than in recoveries!

Carnill
Carnill's Reviews

09-12-2013, 12:52 PM
Pros: works good but when something goes wrong with the winch you wont get good customer service
Cons: a little slow and hard to free spool when i got it the lever from free spool was very loose and the winch solenoid went out after 3 uses.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like the winch but I am not happy with smitybilt right now. The winch solenoid went out on me as I was using the winch after I got stuck on a large hill. I could not get the winch to go forward or back and my rear tire was wedged behind a rock. I had to pay the offroad park to come get me out since the winch was so tight as soon as we move the jeep at all it slammed into a rock and destroyed my bumper. I was in contact with smitybilt and they replaced my solenoid but when I talk about them replacing my bumper because its the winches fault they will not even reply. I have now been on hold on the phone for over 20 min. I have emailed 2 customer service reps and talked to one but it took him a week to reply and the other hasn't replied at all. If you want good customer service as far as I am concerned right now smitybilt is not the way to go!!!!!

TJDaveX

Motorized Toy Collector
TJDaveX's Reviews

09-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: Cheap, slow, loud, hard to free spool, high current draw.
Recommended? No

Comments: Terrible.
Fried before 2 years of light use.

wrestler22115
wrestler22115's Reviews
09-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Pros: works good for what i need
Cons: non
Recommended? Yes

Comments: The winch works great. helped me a couple of times

gunny40
gunny40's Reviews
08-17-2013, 01:41 AM
Pros: price
Cons: installation instructions were lacking.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Through reading reviews and doing a little research I decided to purchase a smittybilt xrc 8 winch. Just installed tonight will try it out tomorrow.

zombiehunta666
zombiehunta666's Reviews
06-24-2013, 11:38 PM
Pros: Price and effectiveness
Cons: 8,000 lb limit
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Haven't used it yet. That's actually good news but someone needs one in the group.

rogerv

rogerv's Reviews
06-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Good value
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great winch for the money spent. If I had to do it over again, I would probably go a little bigger. Installation was a breeze.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 > Last