post #1 of Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
XJ-Romper
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quadratec - Q9000

My buddy bought this winch with a bumper combo package that Quadratec offered. Install was easy. We decided to give it a test run by letting him pull me and my xj up a large hill in my back yard. As soon as a little tension was put on the winch, the "cheesy" cable clamp that attaches cable to winch let loose, we had to unwind the whole winch and tighten up clamp ( poor design). After that it worked great. We shall see how it holds up in the trails

post #2 of Old 07-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Jrdchiropractic
2009 JK Wrangler 

Only used it two times so far, but it pulled a JKU out of a stream, up the bank, and up a hill.
post #3 of Old 09-10-2013, 08:35 PM
coolin4u
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Purchased this winch because of the low amp draw compared to others on the battery,I've made a couple pulls up fairly steep rock faces in yj and it has performed great.
post #4 of Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 PM
znera143

So far so good. Works very well the people at Quadratec are always a great help. Use promo code Saharatango. Think its still good for free shipping. Although i think they are offering free shipping over $75. Worth the price. One of the cheapest out there but that dose not mean its cheap in any way!
post #5 of Old 12-29-2013, 06:41 PM
gmc01redtj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I havent used it yet ill get back to you on this one
post #6 of Old 01-05-2014, 05:18 PM
chrlsmunson1993
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i bought this winch in one of the quadratics that quadratic offers. i felt it was a good/decent deal on the winch, bumper, and winch plate. the winch is rated for 9000 lbs. and I've fairly confident that it'll easily pull that. I've had my jeep sunk in ruts and in tight spots and it slipped it right out. it holds up to what i throw at it. the instal for it it very easy. comes with helpful instal instructions and everything you need to the instal. id recommend it hope this helps anyone looking into it.
post #7 of Old 01-20-2014, 03:40 AM
NickInTimeFilms
1989 XJ Cherokee 

As a first time winch, I am pretty impressed with how well the Q9000 preforms. It comes with all the wires, mounting hardware and pre wrapped cable ready to go. You can mount the solenoid on the side or the middle. Freespool is decent if you keep you cable nice and it's twice as easy to pull if it's submerged.

The amp draw may be an issue if you don't have a good charging system. My stock 100amp CS130 with stock wiring had issues keeping up for really long pulls but my 170amp AD244 and upgraded wring will run this winch all day. The line speed is decent and will get you out soon enough. It has pulled my XJ out of some tight spots, one which was close to a 75* degree pull to the side. The roller fairlead took it like a champ and I got out with ease.

My only gripe is that the winch remote has a flexible handle that bends before the switch flips so you have to hold it funny. My custom in-cab winch switch fixed that problem as I've not needed the remote since. Overall, if you need a cheap winch that can hold it's own on the trail, the Q9000 might be for you.

*Update* After about 8 months and 15+ pulls it finally stopped working. This winch is far from waterproof so be prepared if you find yourself in water a lot. The motor just stopped working one day when i was wrapping up the cable. Gearbox was full or murky water and the motor wouldn't respond. Quadratec stood up to their warranty and got me a new motor THE NEXT DAY without a single hoop to jump through. With the new motor installed and gearbox repacked, she works good as new now. Props to Quadratec customer service!

Last edited by NickInTimeFilms; 08-17-2014 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Updated for use
post #8 of Old 01-23-2014, 12:44 AM
zerofor1b
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quadratec Q9500i Self Recovery Winch. Handy remote with long chord. Heavy duty enough to pull my little jeep and all the mud it can pack in!!!

NEVER buy smittybuilt
post #9 of Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 PM
gooding711
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I purchased this winch on a budget. I am not a hardcore offroader, but when I do go, I do not want to be nervous about running the more difficult trails. With this cost effective recovery winch, I a now able to run trails with no hesitation. I have used the Q9000 countless times without failure and it has always succeeded. I recommend this for any casual Jeeper on a budget.
post #10 of Old 07-03-2014, 01:45 AM
Chase0808
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Great winch for a great price.
post #11 of Old 08-19-2014, 04:34 PM
SuperDave94
2011 JK Wrangler 

Used about six times. Has been reliable and effective for my application.
post #12 of Old 08-21-2014, 07:42 PM
skullyboy
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This winch i new but my test runs have all been excellent. Good speed, easy to use. and affordable. Also it comes in red which I really like for my rig.
post #13 of Old 10-07-2014, 08:37 AM
Beachdweller
2011 JK Wrangler 

For the price, you get a good winch. I've used it a few times with no problems.
post #14 of Old 03-06-2015, 07:13 AM
greenejjeep
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I did break the cover of the solenoid during the installation but Quadratec replaced it for no charge.
post #15 of Old 03-15-2015, 05:56 PM
Arcticcat
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Fairly easy to installed. instruction are clear. items very heavy and if your shock is worn out will feel it. I Installed it with a stock. The remote cable is long enough so you can stay away while winching. Make sure your vehicle is running while using this item or otherwise may drain your battery. Is not a heavy duty winch but it does the job of occasionally pulling yourself out.