Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > Quadratec - Q9000

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Quadratec - Q9000 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

Quadratec - Q9000

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $295.00
Average Price: $336.64
Manufacturer: Quadratec
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 0
Company Website: http://Quadratec.com

My buddy bought this winch with a bumper combo package that Quadratec offered. Install was easy. We decided to give it a test run by letting him pull me and my xj up a large hill in my back yard. As soon as a little tension was put on the winch, the "cheesy" cable clamp that attaches cable to winch let loose, we had to unwind the whole winch and tighten up clamp ( poor design). After that it worked great. We shall see how it holds up in the trails

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

skullyboy
skullyboy's Reviews
08-21-2014, 09:42 PM
Price: $550.00
Pros: synthetic line, affordable
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: This winch i new but my test runs have all been excellent. Good speed, easy to use. and affordable. Also it comes in red which I really like for my rig.

SuperDave94
SuperDave94's Reviews
08-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: price
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Used about six times. Has been reliable and effective for my application.

Chase0808
Chase0808's Reviews
07-03-2014, 03:45 AM
Pros: 9000lb
Cons: None
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great winch for a great price.

gooding711
gooding711's Reviews
02-22-2014, 11:00 PM
Pros: Great price for good quality
Cons: N/A
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased this winch on a budget. I am not a hardcore offroader, but when I do go, I do not want to be nervous about running the more difficult trails. With this cost effective recovery winch, I a now able to run trails with no hesitation. I have used the Q9000 countless times without failure and it has always succeeded. I recommend this for any casual Jeeper on a budget.

zerofor1b
zerofor1b's Reviews
01-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Price: $360.00
Pros: Super strong, heavy, works well! 1/4 the cost of a Warn
Cons: None yet!
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Quadratec Q9500i Self Recovery Winch. Handy remote with long chord. Heavy duty enough to pull my little jeep and all the mud it can pack in!!!

NEVER buy smittybuilt

NickInTimeFilms
NickInTimeFilms's Reviews
01-20-2014, 05:40 AM
Pros: Cheap, Low amp draw, Simple to setup
Cons: Winch remote too flexible, not water proof
Recommended? Yes

Comments: As a first time winch, I am pretty impressed with how well the Q9000 preforms. It comes with all the wires, mounting hardware and pre wrapped cable ready to go. You can mount the solenoid on the side or the middle. Freespool is decent if you keep you cable nice and it's twice as easy to pull if it's submerged.

The amp draw may be an issue if you don't have a good charging system. My stock 100amp CS130 with stock wiring had issues keeping up for really long pulls but my 170amp AD244 and upgraded wring will run this winch all day. The line speed is decent and will get you out soon enough. It has pulled my XJ out of some tight spots, one which was close to a 75* degree pull to the side. The roller fairlead took it like a champ and I got out with ease.

My only gripe is that the winch remote has a flexible handle that bends before the switch flips so you have to hold it funny. My custom in-cab winch switch fixed that problem as I've not needed the remote since. Overall, if you need a cheap winch that can hold it's own on the trail, the Q9000 might be for you.

*Update* After about 8 months and 15+ pulls it finally stopped working. This winch is far from waterproof so be prepared if you find yourself in water a lot. The motor just stopped working one day when i was wrapping up the cable. Gearbox was full or murky water and the motor wouldn't respond. Quadratec stood up to their warranty and got me a new motor THE NEXT DAY without a single hoop to jump through. With the new motor installed and gearbox repacked, she works good as new now. Props to Quadratec customer service!

chrlsmunson1993
chrlsmunson1993's Reviews
01-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Price: $299.99
Pros: everytime I've used the winch I've had no issues pulled me right out of the messes I've been in. easy to instal, and easy to use.
Cons: no cons i can think of.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: i bought this winch in one of the quadratics that quadratic offers. i felt it was a good/decent deal on the winch, bumper, and winch plate. the winch is rated for 9000 lbs. and I've fairly confident that it'll easily pull that. I've had my jeep sunk in ruts and in tight spots and it slipped it right out. it holds up to what i throw at it. the instal for it it very easy. comes with helpful instal instructions and everything you need to the instal. id recommend it hope this helps anyone looking into it.

gmc01redtj
gmc01redtj's Reviews
12-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: havent used yet
Cons: I hope none
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I havent used it yet ill get back to you on this one

znera143
znera143's Reviews
11-18-2013, 11:16 PM
Pros: Good price, reliable
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: So far so good. Works very well the people at Quadratec are always a great help. Use promo code Saharatango. Think its still good for free shipping. Although i think they are offering free shipping over $75. Worth the price. One of the cheapest out there but that dose not mean its cheap in any way!

coolin4u

coolin4u's Reviews
09-10-2013, 10:35 PM
Price: $299.00
Pros: price,low amp draw on battery compared to other similiar priced winches
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Purchased this winch because of the low amp draw compared to others on the battery,I've made a couple pulls up fairly steep rock faces in yj and it has performed great.

Jrdchiropractic
Jrdchiropractic's Reviews
07-21-2013, 08:52 PM
Price: $395.00
Pros: fast, quiet, all working well so far
Cons: dumb tan-grey-pewter color i got right before they came out with it in black, for my black jeep
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Only used it two times so far, but it pulled a JKU out of a stream, up the bank, and up a hill.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.