Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > Moto Alliance - Viper Elite EX12000

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr

Moto Alliance - Viper Elite EX12000 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

Moto Alliance - Viper Elite EX12000

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating: None

Product Information

MSRP: $899.99
Average Price: $699.99
Manufacturer: Moto Alliance
Recommended?
Yes: 1 / No: 0
Company Website: http://motoalliance.com/index.cfm/pageid/290

Got my winch about a week ago. Got in on the open box deal. Wanted just the 10,000lb but the price was right on this one so I went for it. I have yet to mount this winch (building a bumper this week) but so far I love it! So lets get to the review....

Attachment 119168

Attachment 119163

Attachment 119164

Attachment 119165

Attachment 119166

Everything was packaged very nicely. Only one hole from UPS.

Lets just say this winch comes with everything!!! Heres the list of included items:
Wireless & 9' Cabled Remote Switch
Circuit breaking "on/off" switch for safety
Fully submersible, integrated housing
85' x 3/8" diameter Patented Amsteel Blue Synthetic Cable
Hawse Fairlead
Large Clevis Hook
Handsaver Strap
10T Snatch Block (I had the open box so I didn't get one, hence why its not pictured)
Waterproof Winch Cover
Hardware
Lightweight design for easy movement - just 75lbs shipping weight
2 Year Warranty

So heres my list of likes and dislikes:

Submersible, I usually end up in some deep water and I know that my friends warn was killed because of water getting in the housing.

Waterproof Cover, Great for the New England winter with all the damn salt on the roads.

Synthetic Line, what is not to love about it? Really. Not to mention they did not go cheap on it, its AmSteelBlue line, with your choice of colors too!! Red, Blue, Black (and I think if you get the 5/16 line theres other choices)

Wireless and Wired Remote, Thats a no brainer. Granted you can tell they are not the finest pieces of equipment but they get the job done for the right price.

The winch overall looks great in everyway, It had some very minor scratches on it but remember I got the open box, so don't let that deter you.

CUSTOMER SERVICE!! By far amazing! Peter, the CEO was more than helpful with all of my questions. I love the heads on approach moto alliance is taking bringing thier new product to us and they stand behind it all the way. This was the main reason for buying the winch, that and price.

Dislikes:
Plastic on/off and engage/disengage peices. I turned the on/off just to get a feel it seems to be pretty tough plastic but I think in the end at some point it will break, same for the engage disengage. Hopefully they will not but we'll see when its time to test. (I will update with that info)

Stickers, I know its a new product line so hopefully in the future there will be better engraved or heavy duty vinal to be placed on the winch. It does make it look somewhat cheaper in my mind with those stickers. But talking with Peter about the winch makes me feel much more comfortable knowing he would rather spend the money on important features first like the High Quality synthetic line.

Overall I cannot wait to bring it out and test it every way possible.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

Pmort

Pmort's Reviews
09-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Price: $699.99
Pros: Cheap, Lots of accessories, light weight, synthetic line
Cons: Bad paint, stickers peeling, non-metal tags, accessories feel a little cheap
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I was one of the giveaway winners. I would have posted sooner but I felt that I needed to use it before I posted. Also this is my first winch so I have nothing to compare it to.

Letís start with the bad. When I first got it I noticed that the switches are labeled with stickers and not metal tags I feel eventually they will peel off. Also the switches themselves were plastic and feel cheap and breakable. After having it on since June, the paint has faded and does not look good; also some of the stickers have peeled off. I did talk to Moto Alliance and they told me they are aware of it and currently replacing the stickers they use. The accessories do not look like they are the best quality and seem cheap. I do realize changing these things would increase the price.

Now it is time for the good. I did use it on one pull. The winch preformed without hesitation pulling my friends Grand Wagoneer. It had good line speed and did really well. The fact that it comes with both wired and wireless controllers is pretty cool. The hook it comes with is massive and seems pretty tough. It is really nice that it does come with synthetic line.

Overall I would recommend it if you are looking for a cheap winch that can get the job done. I do question how long it will last but so far it has done well.