Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > Mile Marker SE 9500C

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Mile Marker SE 9500C Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

Mile Marker SE 9500C

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $525.00
Average Price: $444.88
Manufacturer: Mile Marker
Recommended?
Yes: 15 / No: 1

9500 lb electric recovery winch

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

bidd1
bidd1's Reviews

03-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Easy install,works great, never had any problems
Cons: none at this time
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed in 2006, never used it for myself, but have helped dozens of other people. Cable broke in 2009 and replaced it with a synthetic line.

FireJeep540
FireJeep540's Reviews

07-30-2010, 02:58 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Very inexpensive 3/8" cable
Cons: Free spool not so good
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine has been used and abused and is still kicking. I got the low profile solenoid when I bought it, it would shut it self down alot when doing long pulls but that solenoid stopped working all together and mile marker replaced it at no cost with the older version that is much simpler, other than being big and ugly eventually got about to moving it under the hood so all good. I have been pleasantly impressed with this winch considering the price.

EvulutioN
EvulutioN's Reviews
08-01-2009, 12:21 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: Inexpensive, Good Quality, Never a Problem, Strong, Pulls Pretty Quick
Cons: Large Solenoid Box
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Not much to say...it works and works well, gets me outta jams and others too without a complaint.

RogerG

RogerG's Reviews

06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Price: $460.00
Pros: Simple to install
Cons: Free spool is tight.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the money i think this winch is awesome.I thought about getting the Smittybilt 10k winch but being a new product i didnt want to risk it.

I finally used it to winch myself out when i got stuck on a loose dirt/gravel wash.My Jeep was buried all the way to the axles and i was a bit concerned that i might not be able to get out.Boy was i wrong...this winch pulled me out like it was nothing and i was being pulled going up a hill !!

I would give it an excellent rating if it wasnt so hard to free spool this thing.But for the price i cant complain and i got it for its pulling power.Definitely a must have if you sometimes wheel alone...i always figured i would be stuck when im crawling on rock gardens but never on a gravel road.Turned out it was an area where flash flood occurs and i just happen to stumble on that loose dirt.

Thumbs up to MM for bailing my a$$ out

rusty-rubi

rusty-rubi's Reviews
06-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Good Price Works Well
Cons: Saw some rust after the first winter.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Installed easily. Great support from Mile Marker and Rough Country when I had a broken thermal sensor.

Md_06Unltd

Md_06Unltd's Reviews

05-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Price: $500.00
Pros: Inexpensive, winch overall seems durable
Cons: Lousy controler, hard to free spool with cable
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I purchased this winch 2 1/2 years ago (fall of 06) and have it mounted on the front of the stock bumper on my 2006 LJ (Unlimited).
Was hard to free spool with the cable, and after a few uses, the cable developed flat spots. (probably from my spooling it back in). Also, the clutch engagement ring would stick on a regular basis, and I would have to tap it one direction or the other with my mallet. I have since replaced the cable with synthetic line, and I no longer have any problems with the clutch ring.
I have used it 20-30 times to recover other vehicles and lift a few fallen trees out of the road. Motor is strong and has held up well.
The controller to operate it, however, is a different story. I recently went to use the winch to recover a truck off the beach. As soon as I flipped the switch "on," the winch started spooling out all on its own. A few more on and off attempts and discovered the controller was bad. Opened up the controller and discovered it contained three wires. Two of the wires terminate in small silver balls. The center wire was crimped into a small silver plate (and very shoddily, I might add) The center wire had come loose out of the small plate, so the winch had been spooling without my input, depending on how the controller as laying.
I noticed Mile Marker has since changed the design of the controller on the newer winches. I both emailed and telephoned Mile Marker to obtain a replacement and I have yet to hear back from them. (been three weeks now).
Overall, the winch itself has worked flawlessly. But the controller, as well as Mile Markers customer service attitude leave a little bit to be desired.

xjhavens
xjhavens's Reviews

03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Recommended? No

Comments: garbage imo didn't free spool when i got it so i sent it back to get fixed. still doesn't free spool.

ballanjl

ballanjl's Reviews

02-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Price: $425.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great Winch! An easy install. Simple operation. I was worried about the plastic engage/disengage but have had no problems.

jeepaneer
jeepaneer's Reviews

02-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Recommended? Yes

Comments: works well ,.

Aparkhillp

Aparkhillp's Reviews

12-03-2008, 12:40 AM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Price: $492.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Used mine today for the first time. Well actually twice in 30 minutes. It worked great with no problems. Didn't even seem to work hard at all. The only thing I wish were better would be the line speed. Its tough to pull the line out on freespool.

I've since used it to pull out a stuck in the mud wrecker with a huge Chevy on the flatbed. About 16,000 lbs and it didn't even flinch. Great product in every way..

shaggyjim

shaggyjim's Reviews

12-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Price: $525.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For the price and how much I use It Its what I need. Worked great the two times I've used it.

speedy9mm
speedy9mm's Reviews

11-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Price: $499.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .................................................. .................................

JFranko

JFranko's Reviews

10-20-2008, 09:42 PM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Price: $450.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: It's a decent product, a little slow, and it doesn't free spool well, but it works when I need it to, and can't complain about the price

redneckbrat
redneckbrat's Reviews

10-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I had this on my truck and took it off before getting rid of it. Currently not install, not working right now.

jpoe
jpoe's Reviews

08-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Price: $499.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Good directions easy to follow. Comes with everything needed to install. Only brand of winch I've owned but so far seem very strong.

MLJeeper

MLJeeper's Reviews

07-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Mile Marker SE 9500C
Price: $468.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great winch for the money $468 to my door. Line speed is still kind of slow. Overall the winch is excellent.