Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > Gorillia Winches 8000lb 5.5 hp motor

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRCV Axles at CCOR

Gorillia Winches 8000lb 5.5 hp motor Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

Gorillia Winches 8000lb 5.5 hp motor

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $425.00
Average Price: $335.64
Manufacturer: Gorillia Winches
Recommended?
Yes: 11 / No: 0

I recently purchased a 8000lb Gorillia Winch and a winch mount for my TJ. I purchased the winch off ebay for around $350.00 shipping included. For the winch mount I was also going to purchase off ebay but found the perfect one on ebay only to find out the manufacture was only about a hour from my house (A to Z Fabrications) so I drove out there and picked up the winch mount for about $140.00. It took a mere 45 minutes to install. Went out the the mountains the past to days this weekend and it worked awesome. I couldn't be happier. The reason im posting this is so poeple can know that buying a $600.00-700.00 winch (name brand) plus the fact that you still have to by the winch mount on top of that price, doesnt always have to be the case. I went cheaper and I had my doubts but to my surprise this beast has absolutely no problems pulling me out of anything I get into. I also noticed there werent to many posts about Gorillia Winches b/c I was trying to do some research on them but came up with nothing. SO here ya go for those people looking up Gorillia Winches.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

BlackWidowJK

BlackWidowJK's Reviews
02-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Price: $350.00
Pros: Remote Control
Cons: Finnish bakes in sun
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Overall good winch for the money. ANd love the remote control or manual option and a spare remote; with switch protect cover is niccce..

dtn8tr

Web Wheeler
dtn8tr's Reviews
04-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Price: $300.00
Pros: inexpensive, tough, wireless controller
Cons: none so far
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I bought this used off CL with the winch plate for $300. It looked like it had been mounted but never had the cable unspooled. I used it last year while I was at Crawl 4 the Cure to pull the TJ in front of me off a rock and then had to pull myself over the same rock. Worked great and didn't seem like it strained to do it. Installation was easy, the only thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars is that I have been trying for a year to get a ProMark Offroad(new company name for Gorilla) neoprene cover for it and they haven't had them in stock.

DanoM38
DanoM38's Reviews
06-09-2011, 08:12 AM
Price: $299.00
Pros: Inexpensive, comes with 12 foot remote
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Read about gorilla winches on jeep forum. Looked then looked them up a found that they are now Promark. Thought the sale price was fantastic $299.00. The mounting plate for my CJ was $80 and shipping for this 85lbs. beast was FREE. At this time have not used it in the field but hopefully I can update this review.

copperyj
copperyj's Reviews
04-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Price: $400.00
Pros: Wireless well worth money
Cons: Need more range on wireless
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great value line winch.

ken414arm
ken414arm's Reviews

02-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: .

jeepgunner12
jeepgunner12's Reviews

01-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Price: $400.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I LOVE THIS WINCH. It has never let me down whats so ever. I have torn trees outta the ground with this bad boy and pulled myself off countless hills and outta mudholes. And its waterproof!

ckhanna71
ckhanna71's Reviews

12-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great winch for the money. Just alittle slow on the retreaval. Have made many tough pulls without any issues

foxchr54
foxchr54's Reviews

11-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Price: $350.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: its a pretty good winch for its price... ive gotten stuck my fair share of times and it always seems to tug me out...

JoeySnow70
JoeySnow70's Reviews

06-10-2008, 08:31 AM
Price: $289.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Great bargain for the money spent. If you are a casual wheeler, this is the winch for you...
Joe

JeepGrizzly
JeepGrizzly's Reviews

04-29-2008, 06:17 AM
Price: $279.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: I like it, Its not a 2,000 Warn but for me its great. It came with a cover and a remote. Everything works just fine.

gafuller01
gafuller01's Reviews

03-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Price: $425.00
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Mine is 10,000 lbs. Works well so far. Came with lots of accessories including wireless remote and neoprene cover.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.