Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Reviews > Recovery > Winches > ENGO - Engo E9000

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, DiscBilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and C

ENGO - Engo E9000 Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Review Categories
Armor
  Bumpers
  Differential Guards
  Rocker Guards
  Roll Cages
  Skid Plates
Audio, CB, & Electrical
  Audio Players
  Batteries
  CB & HAM Radios
  GPS
  Speakers
Axles
  Axle Shafts
  Brakes
  Gears
  Hubs
  Lockers
  Steering
Body
  Body Lifts
  Consoles, Security & Storage
  Exterior Accessories
  Fender Flares
  Lighting, Lenses & Bulbs
  Roof Racks & Cargo Areas
  Tops
Engine
  Alternators
  Carburetors
  Chips
  Exhaust
  Headers
  Induction
  Internal Parts
  Motor Mounts
  Starters
  Throttle Body
Interior
  Gauges
  Misc
  Seats
Recovery
  Winch Cable and Hooks
  Winches
Suspension
  Complete Lift Kits
  Control Arms
  Shocks
  Springs
  Steering Stabilizers
  Track Bars
Tires & Wheels
  Tires
  Wheels
Transfer Case
  SYE Kits
  Transfer Cases
Transmissions
  Transmissions
Previous Product Winches Next Product

ENGO - Engo E9000

Email This Bookmark Print This Review      Find On: JCWhitney.com | 4wheelparts.com | 4wd.com | eBay.com
Rating:

Product Information

MSRP: $329.00
Average Price: $300.60
Manufacturer: ENGO
Recommended?
Yes: 9 / No: 1
Company Website: http://www.engousa.com/products/productdetail/Model+E9000/part_number=77-09000/5150.0.1.1.84540.0.0.0.0?pp=12&

Wanted everyone to know that this winch has performed flawlessly since purchase (aug '11). Well worth the price. Buy it, you won't regret it.

Tags
None

Login or Register to Add Review

yoopertj
yoopertj's Reviews
04-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Price: $280.00
Pros: Inexpensive
Cons: None yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: For a budget winch it has performed well. Instructions were about as descriptive as could be expected. I've used it about 4 times and it has not over heated or sputtered. I highly recommend a winch cover (any generic cover fits) and considering replacing the solenoid assembly to under the hood. If you are looking for a budget winch and these are cheap, you'll be satisfied.

AMA-JEEP

AMA-JEEP's Reviews
11-16-2013, 10:09 PM
Price: $339.00
Pros: Awesome product so far and the price was the best PRO
Cons: None so far all good as of right now
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Best winch for the money, awesome reviews on 4WD magazine

TJ-Mike-00
TJ-Mike-00's Reviews

03-30-2013, 09:28 PM
Price: $279.00
Pros: Price and easy install
Cons: Cheap hardware, I replaced with grade 8.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Ordered from 4wheelonline.com $279.99 Free Shipping

ENGO E9000 (steal cable)

Install took longer for me. I mounted the solenoid box under the hood and I used all new 2 gauge battery cable and rewired the box.

Works good!

May 29, 2013

Update! Winch is woking great. I installed the wireless remote to the solnoid box and it works like it should. ****Wireless is the WAY to GO***

The winch has been used on several occassions and has performed very well.

Update!!!! March 17, 2014 I attempted to use my winch and the solenoid box just clicked. I opened up the motor side and it was rusty and wet. I assume from the longer than usual winter conditions.

I contacted ENGO and spoke with Joel. Joel requested a picture and then sent a new replacement motor. My one year warranty of the electronics was going to expire on March 18. I got lucky this time. The rest of the winch has a life time warranty. ENGO stood behind there product and I'm very thankful.

Joel....If you happen to stumble across this review. Thanks for the Help and awesome service.

Drix

Drix's Reviews

03-26-2013, 09:26 PM
Price: $285.00
Pros: Price new carbon fiber finish.
Cons: none yet.
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Picked up a new 10000 lbs winch with the new finish at a swap meet. The price was right install easy came with fairlead roller.

bdb86cj

bdb86cj's Reviews

01-08-2013, 12:35 PM
Price: $285.00
Pros: price, pulling capacity, reputation, easy install
Cons: loud, solenoid box is chap plastic, cheap mounting hardware included
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Bought this as my first winch. Got it for $285 shipped so the price was great. Best in class pulling capacity. Easy install. Seems like a sturdy unit. Have pulled with it twice and it worked great, did not overheat. Came with everything I needed to install. I did upgrade the mounting bolts and washers that came with the unit, they seemed a little cheapo.

04WJLIMITED
04WJLIMITED's Reviews
12-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Price: $250.00
Pros: Works great
Cons: Heavy
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Have used it once to recover someone and it worked as intended.

yahwhy
yahwhy's Reviews

11-04-2012, 08:27 AM
Price: $300.00
Pros: good review from magizine winch shoot out
Cons: a little loud, wired remote is not waterproof
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Had mine for about a year now, was out playing, thought it was just a small water hole, swamped entire front end, winch was underwater, hooked up wired remote, strung winch cable, worked great to pull jeep out, but once out, threw the remote up on the bank (dry land) unhooked winch cable and was gonna spool winch cable back in, and the remote had slid down into the water and would not work. Still doesn't, bought a wireless control for it on ebay.
Winch worked great though, maybe a little loud but not a problem for me.

Diverdown87
Diverdown87's Reviews
03-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Price: $329.00
Pros: price, installation, works great
Cons: none yet
Recommended? Yes

Comments: Actually the 10000 # but there is no listing for it

AAOx4
AAOx4's Reviews

03-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Price: $350.00
Pros: price, wireless remote included
Cons: had minor trouble with instructions
Recommended? Yes

Comments:

Install was a breeze after the 2nd attempt,(i.e hook up the wires excluding the battery ends before mounting it to the bumper)...I wasn't aware that the ground wire was under the winch motor, which caused me to back track all the way to the beginning. The directions weren't very clear on how to actually mount but if you have ever played with legos and have access to JF (THANK YOU MEMBERS) you should be golden...Mount the Fairlead first as you cannot reach those nuts and bolts once the winch goes on...2 hours and 3 beers later I was done...came with 2 remotes one wireless remote and one wired and used both to pull the slack in and out and the winch worked solid...NO OFFICIAL TEST YET but will inform with results...I bought this winch after reading reviews and evaluating how much I would need a winch, which is not that much but I do step out into colorado weather and trails when I get the opportunity...Great Buy and looking forward to putting to the test.

shipping weight was 85lbs...took about a week to arrive but I ordered on a 3 day weeknd shipped UPS...and we all know how much those guys love delivering heavy packages...
*2 screws fell out of some very important places during delivery, they were located but something to consider. (1) under the solenoid box that held the box to the mount (found inside the box) the other was the screw that held that same mount under the solenoid box to the winch support bar that runs across the top of the winch...