YJ misc electrical - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > YJ misc electrical

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 03-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
pdeangel
1994 YJ Wrangler 

YJ misc electrical

Couple of quick questions.

I just bought my first wrangler. In the form of a 94 YJ. I'm in the process of trying to give it some of the tlc it deserves. Part of this was ripping a whole bunch of old non functioning audio equipment. Two questions. I removed the head unit and an aftermarket amp. Disconnected the amp power cable from the positive battery terminal. My question is. What else do I need to be aware of to make sure there aren't any other live wires around? There are a couple from the wiring harness I cannot find the source of.

Also, in the process, I came across, what I am assuming is the wiring for the rear window defroster. Has a wrirng harness at the end. I currently don't have a back window and was looking to cap these wires. Can anyone share the proper procedure?

I apologize in advance for my naive nature of my questions. Thanks

pdeangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #2
pdeangel
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Bump
Unread 03-12-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
pdeangel
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Also can anyone tell me what the red wire which is connected to that bundled green wire is? As well as the yellow one. I cannot find the source to either. Assuming black is ground and the blue when is tagged as a remote wire.
image-838338510.jpg  
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #4
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Yellow is the main, always on, positive battery cable. Red is the switched ignition wire that turns the radio on.
LA-Sahara is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #5
pdeangel
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA-Sahara
Yellow is the main, always on, positive battery cable. Red is the switched ignition wire that turns the radio on.
Sorta what I was figuring. But after searching a bit, most said main was white pink or purple for the YJ.
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #6
LA-Sahara
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well I don't know what the yellow wire is tied into, but that's an aftermarket harness I would assume which is why the wire directly out of the harness is yellow.
LA-Sahara is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #7
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Take a circuit testing tool and start poking around to see what is HOT with the ignition off and key out. Only real way to tell if the PO did some shoddy wiring.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.