YJ Front Speaker Replacement - 5.25"??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > YJ Front Speaker Replacement - 5.25"???

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-28-2008, 10:02 AM   #1
BrooklynBridger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Front Speaker Replacement - 5.25"???

I am replacing my blown front factory 4x6 with 5.25". However, it seems there are the mounting bolts behind the dash are too close together to get the 5.25" speaker behind there. Yet, many posts have indicated it is possible. Did they have to cut the bolts or something? Does anyone have bolt diagram so I can figure out how to bolt this speaker in there? (Maybe I'll need to make a bracket or something...)

Thanks.

Mark

BrooklynBridger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #2
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

You need a set of speekers that have the built in bracket or multi mount fins.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #3
SirGCal

In a TJ, yes this is possible. In a YJ it also is but the installation is far more complex. Every YJ I've done i've pulled the dash and done a full custom setup for them. Not as simple as the drop-in bracket swap for a TJ.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #4
BrooklynBridger
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I also have a decent set of 4" rounds. Will those fit in easier? Is there a straightup bracket for those?

Mark
BrooklynBridger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Try to find one of these cheap; had one in my YJ and it was like nite and day over the dash locations:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_03.htm
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
SirGCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gily25 View Post
Try to find one of these cheap; had one in my YJ and it was like nite and day over the dash locations:

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_03.htm
The center option is one of the worst positions for good sound. Far more beneficial if you are going to use a non-stock location, and a mod I do a lot for YJ fronts, are the kick panels. A little more stealthy also actually cause the tub hides them slightly unlike the center which is right where every thief's eyes are going first. But even around here, never had a problem with them getting ripped out. Plus you'll have proper sound coming from the proper side. I never recommend the center lower or upper pod systems.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14136_01.htm

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.