XJ speaker placement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > XJ speaker placement

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 09-27-2001, 07:11 PM   #1
Rjay

XJ speaker placement

can anyone who has the 6 speaker infinity sound system in their 97+ XJ tell me where their speakers are placed? I have the crappy 4 speaker sound system and would like to know where they put 5 and 6 if you have 6.

Rjay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2001, 02:55 PM   #2
Willis91YJ

Rjay,
With the right four speaks in the factory locations and the right signal going to them, you can make your ears bleed! More is not always the answer
Willis
Black 91' YJ with fresh 4.0, Sitting on 31x11.5 Mickey Baja MTX's on 15x10 AR767, Borla Stainless cat-back, free flow cat, it seems like I keep breaking necessary parts just about the time I get enough money together for the fun stuff!!!
Willis91YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2001, 02:31 PM   #3
jeepzj81

I wouldn't mind adding a couple of speakers to my xj either - i think the two additional speakers come in the rear doors.
jeepzj81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2001, 01:57 AM   #4
eltj

What jeep considers 6 speakers is adding 2 tweeters to a 4 speaker system. To get the best sound out of your jeep replace the front speakers with a quality coax or component set and amplify the front and the rears. This can be done off the factory radio with good result. But the best is with a afermarket radio. By amplifing the speakers you cut you distortion down and the speaker will sound much cleaner and play louder withour distortion.
eltj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2001, 03:51 PM   #5
jeepzj81

hey ELTJ do you have any pearsonal speaker prefreance? or can you reccomend what to look for when buying how to get the most bang out of the least green?
jeepzj81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2001, 04:57 PM   #6
eltj

To get the best speaker for your money check out Memphis(www.memphiscaraudio.com).
Thier coax speakers have swivel tweets that are aluminum and the cones are poly so they hold up to the weather well. I am a installer of 8 years and have been selling and installing them for 5 of those years. I have used every decent speaker made and the Memphis speakers and amps are one of the best. I have delt with Boston Acustics, MB Quart and Dimont to list a few and the Memphis hang right there with them in sound quality and power handling. If your running the factory head unit dont buy the best speakers you can find because the power of the head unit wont allow you to get the best performance out of them. Go for the mid range. They will still rock if you eventually upgrade the system with a amp.
Unread 11-18-2001, 11:43 PM   #7
Willis91YJ

Hey EL,
Do you guys have any problems with the boston tweets? We dropped them about 3 years ago and that was one of the definite problems in the line, wondering if they cleaned up at all. Also I agree that a changed head unit may get him a sound he will be happy with without having to replace all of the speaks. Ray if you insist on replacing the speakers make sure you do the fronts first because those are the ones that you will notice the difference most and shop around and buy what sounds good to you. Not everyone is looking for audiophile sound and if thats the case thats ok.
Black 91' YJ with fresh 4.0, Sitting on 31x11.5 Mickey Baja MTX's on 15x10 AR767, Borla Stainless cat-back, free flow cat, it seems like I keep breaking necessary parts just about the time I get enough money together for the fun stuff!!!
Unread 11-19-2001, 07:24 PM   #8
eltj

The Boston line has come a long was in 3 years. The soft dome are still the best sounding and still used in the cheaper Rally Series though. I think the biggest problem they had was the Pro tweeter was to bright for a lot of peoples tast. The reliability has improved and they have tried new thing with the bridge to try to attinuate the harshness of the tweeter. I would take a set of MB Quarts over them any day.
Unread 11-19-2001, 08:23 PM   #9
Willis91YJ

Quarts? Most certainly!!! We don't stock them due to the market but they are sweet!!!
Willis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.