XJ Dome-light / liftgate switch malf. - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 09-14-2004, 10:26 AM Thread Starter
thegr8bass

1994 XJ Cherokee 

XJ Dome-light / liftgate switch malf.

Though I`d post this in here as well.

Somebody`s got to know what the deal with this is....

Hi all....so a new glitch has got me buggered. Usually, you pop open the lift-gate and the interior lights turn on. And you have the option of turning them off if you wish via a witch on the rear dome-light. We all know this and it works well for us....now my lights don`t turn on anymore when I open the hatch. But...for the first one-half to one-full inch of swing-out, the light are functional. Then they go off. Has anyone encountered this before. IF so, some insight would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know what kind of switch controls the lights (mercury, or regular switch, where`s it located, etc.) Thanks in advance!

Love your Jeep as you would your Mother.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-21-2004, 09:11 AM
04JeepTJ

2010 JK Wrangler 

My latch on my 96 XJ rusted a few times enough to cause it to malfunction. Dealer replaced it a few times then I just gave up on it...

2010 Sahara

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.