Xenon/HID Projector upgrade on XJ, $80 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Xenon/HID Projector upgrade on XJ, $80

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-24-2011, 12:37 PM   #1
DoubleBET
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Xenon/HID Projector upgrade on XJ, $80

What do you think? Does this seem like a good price? Quality? Correct fit for '96 XJ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7X6-H...#ht_4392wt_958

I've been thinking about doing an HID upgrade for a while but I want to make sure to get a projector housing to avoid blinding drivers in front of me (especially on a raised jeep)... do you think this will do a pretty good job at creating that "horizon" line that keeps the light angled low?

Other suggestions would be appreciated too, although I'm also a poor grad student so this is pretty much my upper price limit heh.

Unread 02-24-2011, 06:13 PM   #2
jdizzle
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Make shur that the prjectors r not plastic or they will melt
Unread 02-25-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
ngrubich
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't suggest getting those: I had a set before that was almost identical (the fish eye is held out towards the end of the housing by those little metal clips) and they broke after about a week. I got a new set it for free, but there is a lot of light scatter. I found these projectors http://norcalmr2.com/pegasus/, but haven't gotten around to ordering them yet. I'm sure someone else has posted this or has them and would be able to give you an answer as to whether or not they are legit. There are a bunch of pics of the housings and a few videos all the way at the bottom.

EDIT: You can order the projectors without an HID kit, but I am not 100% sure if the H4 kit will fit in the back... just something to keep in mind
ngrubich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlights , hid , projector , xenon , xj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.