Won't eject CD from player - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Won't eject CD from player

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 05-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
MugCat
2005 KJ Liberty 

Won't eject CD from player

I have an 05 KJ CRD and the stereo will not eject the CD from the player. When you first hit the key you can hear the player making noise like the disc is trying to eject but it doesn't. Any suggestions???

MugCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #2
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

remove the power cables from the back and wait a few then plug it back in. Sometimes this works...if not you either rip the deck apart to try and remove it or replace it altogether.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #3
MugCat
2005 KJ Liberty 

I failed to mention that there are 3 cd's stuck in the stereo...
MugCat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:55 AM   #4
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Like I mentioned...if the power cycle by removing the power cable don't work and it's an older unit...ripping it apart to get the disks might be your only hope. The deck won't survive the operation and there's a good chance your disk might be pooched as well. I don't use the CD in mine for that reason as dust and dirt getting inside it mess up the CD. It's either External audio device or a burned copy of the disk so I'm not out a good CD if it happens or gets broken into.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #5
Steveyt614
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Try Google for a fix. That's what I always do. Also, is there a pin-hole somewhere on the unit that allows you to stick a paperclip or something of that nature in? I know on my old Sony unit you could push in and it would expel the CD that was in the player. But mind you, there were 2 holes, one for a Reset and the other was to expel the CD. Good luck dude!
Steveyt614 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.