WJ seats to a ZJ help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > WJ seats to a ZJ help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 11-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
StephenHall14
1997 ZJ 

WJ seats to a ZJ help

Hey guys I recently got a pair of black WJ leather seats for my ZJ and I was just wondering if anyone has any advice.

I was going to bolt them to the ZJ tracks and make the slide manual. But this leaves me with the power recliner, how would I custom rig a switch for this? The reclining motor is on the seats but I have no plugs or anything for it. There's just one port of many that looks like the power. Can I just put 12V to it and see if it moves?

Is there a way to move it manually?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

StephenHall14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 05:47 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Don't your WJ seats have the switches attached to them ?

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
StephenHall14
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim
Don't your WJ seats have the switches attached to them ?
No the guy I bought them from kept the harness and all the switches. All I need to know is if the motor works by swapping the polarities, I just don't want to run 12V through it and have something bad happen.
StephenHall14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Look at the motor, how many wires on it ? I would guess 3 wires, one ground and one +12 volts for each direction. 2 monetary switches or one 3 way momentary switch would work. I see these switches on retired conversion vans at the junkyard all the time.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.