Wiring KC Hilites to stock driving lights Jeep WK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Wiring KC Hilites to stock driving lights Jeep WK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-28-2013, 09:26 PM   #1
AHolmes

Wiring KC Hilites to stock driving lights Jeep WK

Im looking to wire my new kc hilites directly into my stock driving lights. I was wondering if there are any problems with doing this and how I would go about doing this? Also does anybody have pictures or experience with doing this? Basically i want my hilites to come on with the same switch that controls my stock driving lights.

Thanks!

AHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
AHolmes

....the Jeep is a 2005 Grand Cherokee limited
AHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Spud100
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You sure you won't blind oncoming traffic with them on.
Spud100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-31-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHolmes View Post
Im looking to wire my new kc hilites directly into my stock driving lights. I was wondering if there are any problems with doing this and how I would go about doing this? Also does anybody have pictures or experience with doing this? Basically i want my hilites to come on with the same switch that controls my stock driving lights.

Thanks!
Not a good idea, and may be illegal. Any reason why you wouldn't want them wired up on their own switch?
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

Might check your local laws. Many states only allow one set of auxiliary lights operating at a time.
That being said, wiring is easy. Simply install a relay and use the hot lead to the aux lights to excite it.
I run a set of Bosch driving lights relayed to the high beams on our F350. This allows me to operate the lows without forcing people off the road, while giving a huge boost to visibility when the road is clear.
Also, double check to insure your KC's have the lighting fan that will work for you. Many of the round offroad style lights are pencil beams. This gives a narrow deep beam. For on road work, I prefer a quality rectangular light. These give a wider beam that allows me to see more of the sides of the road (important when you live in deer country).
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.