Wiring An iPod Mini To My 00 TJ - HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Wiring An iPod Mini To My 00 TJ - HELP!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-19-2004, 03:08 PM   #1
omnipseudo

Wiring An iPod Mini To My 00 TJ - HELP!

Hey everyone, long time no see - Im lookin to buy an mp3 player and would like it to work with my Jeep as I hate burning CDs everyday...Im almost sold on the iPod mini, its got just enough storage to keep me happy and I like the features on the newest ones. So with this mp3 player, Ive heard that if i get an fm transmitter, ill lose alot of sound quality, and I dont want that. I didnt spend 1500 on a system for it not to be used to its potential. Is this true? Ive also heard its possible to wire it directly to the headunit, but Im unsure how(rca adapter maybe?). Any thoughts, comments, suggestions or solutions to this would be great. Thanks in advance!

2000 TJ w/ Sony xplode reciever, 4 rca preouts to work with, including a bus-out set.

Unread 12-19-2004, 06:44 PM   #2
RipcordAFF

http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=ipod
I did it, works great!
RipcordAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2004, 10:54 PM   #3
omnipseudo

Thanks - that was a great thread, however I dont want to lose ANY sound quality or as little as possible. Ive got 4 speakers, 2 tweets and 2 10" subs in my TJ, so I want her to sound like she should. Anyone know about the RCA converter or somesuch? I do have aux-in rca pre-outs! I dont mean to sound ungrateful for the reply, Im glad I could read about that! Keep the replies coming! TIA!
Unread 12-20-2004, 01:25 AM   #4
RipcordAFF

What exactly is your aux in? if its RCAs then you just need to get the belkin car adapter which will charge your ipod and it has a spot for a cable--get a mini (1\4 in) to RCA cable (about 5 dollars at radio shack. if you have just an aux in, like for example a cd changer (it will be a ten pin, small square connector, then you need whats called the pie converter, which tricks your HU into thinking that your ipod is an enormous cd changer. they are rather expensive though, heres the link
Goodluck though!
Reed

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piechry02aux.html
RipcordAFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2004, 04:59 PM   #5
RCHavok797
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I wired my Pocket PC into my Pioneer headunit using an adapter that plugs into the cd changer output which then has RCA jacks on the other end. It works good and sounds excellent.
RCHavok797 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.