Wiring an engine outside of a jeep help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Wiring an engine outside of a jeep help

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 12-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
Jeep_Farkas

Wiring an engine outside of a jeep help

Hi guys! My Grandfather recently gave me an iron duke gm 151 engine. I have the motor and transmission but no frame or jeep yet. I was wondering how I can set up my wiring so that i cant start the engine and have it run a minute or so. I have wiring coming off the starter solenoid, the alternator, and the distributor. I am completely confused on how I can hot wire this so it will run and not just turn the engine over. There is a negative battery wire grounded to the block, a thick red wire coming from the starter solenoid, a small red and a small blue wire coming from the starter solenoid, then a medium red wire running from the starter solenoid to the back of the alternator, a medium red wire from the back of the alternator to the side of the alternator, a small black wire coming from the alternator and finally one red wire coming from the distributor. sorry for the back pictures and long explanation, any help is greatly appreciated.

here is a link to my engine wiring picture to help out.

http://s867.photobucket.com/user/ale...tml?sort=3&o=0

Jeep_Farkas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
electrical system , engine , jeep , wiring

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.