Wiring a Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Wiring a Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofer

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 11-08-2012, 07:20 AM   #1
amcollin08
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Wiring a Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofer

I just purchased my first jeep wrangler and couldn't be anymore excited about it. The previous owner put a decent sound system in the jeep, replacing all of the speakers and adding a head unit and an amp. Unfortunatly, the speakers don't produce the lows that I was hoping for. I decided to go with the Boss Audio BASS600 8-Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofer (Single) since i could put it under the back seat with the amp that is already there. ( I also bought the Boss KIT-2 Complete 8 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit )

How do i go about wiring the new sub? Can i connect it directly to the amp that is already back there (even though the sub has its own amp)? Do i have to wire it to the battery? I am pretty handy but have never done anything like this in a car or jeep. I am looking for some basic help so i can work on it this weekend.

Thanks

amcollin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #2
jbmolly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

No you cannot wire it to the amp that is already there.
If you don't know find some one who does.
You can fry that amp and sub and head unit if you are not carefull

Getting ready to start my project. I hate to say it but due to limited time with the new job and limited space at the new rental house I will have to pay for most of my work to be done this time. This build is gonna suck!
Until it's done!
jbmolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 07:36 AM   #3
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

You will have to run the power cable from your amplifier install kit from the battery to the amp. Plus the blue remote wire from your head unit to the amp. If you dont have a head unit use one of the cigeratte outlets that only work when the car is switched on. I ran from the cigarrete outlet and it works like a charm. Also, you will need RCA cable to provide sound to your amp package. You will either need to get an adaptor and hack into your speaker wires or see if you can run something from the amp taht is already installed. Make sure you have a good ground and of course the speaker wire from the amp to the sub will have to be wired correctly but thats easy.
Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #4
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

As the others have said, find someone that knows what they are doing. I used to be really, really, big into car audio. Putting a decent sound system in a Wrangler goes beyond just wiring it up and being done. Every Wrangler on the planet is going to get wet inside at one point or another, and for this reason I have not gone beyond a head unit and speakers on mine.
Unread 11-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #5
jbmolly
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I mean I could give you a detailed write up. I used to work at a stereo shop.
But it would be easier to look it up on youtube.

Getting ready to start my project. I hate to say it but due to limited time with the new job and limited space at the new rental house I will have to pay for most of my work to be done this time. This build is gonna suck!
Until it's done!
jbmolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
amcollin08
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the responses... Do you know how much something like that would cost if I got it professionally installed? I already have the wiring kit and subwoofer so all i would need would be for someone to actually connect it all.
amcollin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Tbasham
2013 JK Wrangler 

Since you have all the parts it should cost you about 2 hours of labor, so no more than $120. Id assume they woudl try to sell you some higher quality audio equipment if you bring them your BOSS stuff.
Tbasham is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.