Where to put a CB? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Where to put a CB?

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 02-02-2001, 12:21 AM   #1
JPMan-TJ

Where to put a CB?

I've got my CB mounted under the dash on the passanger side. But I'm looking to mount it a little better. Has anyone used the Tuffy over head console for the TJ's?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.midwestjeepthing.com
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.midwestjeepthing.com
</A> "Being highly intelligent is like having four-wheel drive it just enables you to get stuck in more remote places."

Unread 02-02-2001, 01:12 AM   #2
Keith
Admin

Check out this product: http://www.cbrack.com/

A buddy of mine has one and it's very well made and multi-purpose.

------------------
Keith
Austin, Texas
1978 CJ5

Glock Forum
Keith is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2001, 11:16 PM   #3
JPMan-TJ

By the looks of it - everything remains in the open. The tuffy product you can lock it up and stow it away out of site.

------------------
Raymond
Kansas City,Ks.
'00 TJ Sport
<A HREF="http://www.midwestjeepthing.com
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.midwestjeepthing.com
</A> "Being highly intelligent is like having four-wheel drive it just enables you to get stuck in more remote places."
Unread 02-12-2001, 05:28 PM   #4
JEEPFREEK

Is there a CB rack like tuffy and cbrack.com's that can be used with the YJ's soundbar still in the way??

"JEEPFREEK"

--JEEPING, It's not just a lifestyle, it's an adventure!--
JEEPFREEK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2001, 10:38 PM   #5
JPMan-TJ

Yes - you can get products from tuffy that will work witha soundbar on a YJ - i think the cbrack has something as well. Just email them and see. I've going with the tuffy - will get you pics when I get the thing from them and installed.

Enjoy,

------------------
Raymond
Kansas City,Ks.
'00 TJ Sport
http://www.midwestjeepthing.com
"Being highly intelligent is like having four-wheel drive it just enables you to get stuck in more remote places."
Unread 02-22-2001, 10:02 PM   #6
Real-LD

I removed the windshield tie down thingy and mounted my CB right there. I hid the power/ground wires and the antenna wire in the windshield molding. Downside easy thief target, can't lower windshield and if it rains while the tops down, its toast. Up side didn't cost any extra to mount it.
Peace,
Lar-re D.

97 Tj not so stock but not so modified.
Real-LD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2001, 01:59 AM   #7
JPMan-TJ

Well I got the Tuffy Overhead console in the mail today and got installed. Will have install pics etc. up sometime this weekend. So far - the things that I have seen that might be problem is the fact the wiring has to be very tightly rapped up or it can get in the way. The other thing about the wiring is that it has to travel past the rear "space" to get to the front one, which can get tangled up. But all and all, pretty nice. Not as easy to install, it is 1 man job for most of it, but you will need a extra set of hands to hold things in place. Make sure you have at least a 6" ext. for your rachet....More to come on the install....

------------------
Raymond
Kansas City,Ks.
'00 TJ Sport
http://www.midwestjeepthing.com
"Being highly intelligent is like having four-wheel drive it just enables you to get stuck in more remote places."
Unread 04-08-2001, 08:37 PM   #8
JEEP_TJ_FREAK

I that plastic liner from the recess in the top of the center dash pod this seems to be the perfect width for full size cobra radios.

**watch clearance with windshield
(ps when not in use the mic lead can be wrapped around the unit for storage, doesn't move much)
---------------
2000 WJ Limited 4.7 Q-drive for daily use, bone stock.
JEEP_TJ_FREAK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2001, 05:58 PM   #9
phataux
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i have a blazer but soon to be getting a jeep and in my blazer i just took 2 self tapping screws and put the bracket right on the bottom of the dash it is in the perfect spot right below my stearing wheel and to the right but if i ever want to take it out i am screwed because of the holes it will leave
{O!!!O}
.[]---[].
[QUOTE=rivka]Teach a man how to take his doors off and he will enjoy his Jeep for a day, teach him to search the forums and he will enjoy his Jeep for life![/QUOTE]
phataux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2001, 09:44 AM   #10
bcompton

Hey Raymond,

Will you be at the meeting Sunday? I'm pretty happy with my Midland unit (everything is in the mike) and have it mounted pretty discretely at the right of the dash. It's removeable and easy to get to.
Let me know if you want to take a look Sunday.

Bob
01 Sport, front drum brake & birfield joint conversion, custom '4 Wheel Drive' stickers, neon washer nozzles, chrome type 'r' oil pan bolts, wooden bead seat pads, racing exhaust tip, offroad license plate frame,
lots of misc. stuff (2.5" Skyjacker springs, 1" BL, 1"MML, Custom flat tcase & engine skid, RE arms, Skyjacker shocks, JKS Discos, Superlift Trac bars, Garvin bumpers, Warn 9.5ti, Lockright & trac-lock, 32" BFG KM's, Kilby & warn skids, EOR rocker bars, cowl snorkel)
bcompton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2001, 09:47 AM   #11
bcompton

Oops, me bad.

I just looked at the date of your original post. Seems like you solved this problem long ago.

Nevermind.
01 Sport, front drum brake & birfield joint conversion, custom '4 Wheel Drive' stickers, neon washer nozzles, chrome type 'r' oil pan bolts, wooden bead seat pads, racing exhaust tip, offroad license plate frame,
lots of misc. stuff (2.5" Skyjacker springs, 1" BL, 1"MML, Custom flat tcase & engine skid, RE arms, Skyjacker shocks, JKS Discos, Superlift Trac bars, Garvin bumpers, Warn 9.5ti, Lockright & trac-lock, 32" BFG KM's, Kilby & warn skids, EOR rocker bars, cowl snorkel)
bcompton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2001, 06:57 PM   #12
JPMan-TJ

Thanks for thinking about me bob....

Unread 10-05-2001, 05:15 PM   #13
jeepsonly

I was thinking about getting one of those "in the mike" type CB's where the guts are in the mic. I don't like the look but if it could be mounted on one of those cbracks, you could unscrew the thing when not in use.
jeepsonly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2001, 10:35 PM   #14
evilpsych

hey JP man.. what CB you mount in there? and where are the pics?

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2001, 10:35 PM   #15
evilpsych

hey JP man.. what CB you mount in there? and where are the pics?

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.