Where to mount CB in YJ with A/C? - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-29-2001, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
OhYeah

Post Where to mount CB in YJ with A/C?

I have a 91 YJ with A/C and I am wondering where i should mount my CB. I do not really want an over the head mount. If I had a Tuffy console, could I mount it where the stereo goes?

91 YJ, 4 banger, 3" Rough Country, 3" body lift, 31X10.5 BFG KO's on 15X10 bajas, K&N, restrictor removed.

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-29-2001, 03:46 PM
evilpsych

yeah you could if your cb is DIN size or smaller in dimensions..

Awwwwwwwwwwww... So he wants to go OFF-ROAD does he????

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
post #3 of 5 Old 10-30-2001, 08:58 AM
Willis91YJ

Chris,
You could reverse the mounts and put the unit on the floor in front of your shiftr and the handset mounted somewhere else. Just don't wrap the cord around your neck!
Willis

Black 91' YJ with fresh 4.0, Sitting on 31x11.5 Mickey Baja MTX's on 15x10 AR767, Borla Stainless cat-back, free flow cat, it seems like I keep breaking necessary parts just about the time I get enough money together for the fun stuff!!!
post #4 of 5 Old 10-30-2001, 11:28 AM
evilpsych

it'd be kinda hard to read it that way.. it'd be tilting away from you..

Awwwwwwwwwwww... So he wants to go OFF-ROAD does he????

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
post #5 of 5 Old 11-13-2001, 05:35 PM
NaeKid
JF Administrator, eh?

1988 YJ Wrangler 

I just finished mounting my CB in my Jeep .. I destroyed my cigarette ashtray (don't smoke, don't need it) and fit a Realistic CB into the space created .. check my home page for more information (under the modifications section).

Hello, my name is Vance and I am a Jeepaholic.
Its better to be naked with your friends, than to be clothed with your enemies
Silver 2006 TJ Unlimited, zombie ready as the daily-driver

- - - - - - -TEOTWAWKI- - - - - - -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.