where do you mount your TJ's cb radio - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > where do you mount your TJ's cb radio

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #16
zac87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i may take amiller's advice...it seems i wasn't the only one that couldn't find a place for a big cb! or maybe i'll save for an overhead console...that would be convenient anyways

'97 TJ, 4.0L 5 speed, locker in front, Skyjacker 4in suspension, BFG AT 33x12.5, black cragar soft 8's, Bushwacker flares, Quick dicos, hardtop/doors, Safari doors, 2002 wrangler seats, tube bumpers front and rear, Skyjacker steering stabilizer, Tuffy glove box, cheap foglights, new paint ;)

SOLD: '88 YJ, 4.2L 5 speed, 31 bogs, KC fogs, herculined inside, straight piped
zac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 10:06 PM   #17
muskyslayr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I mounted mine on the back of the console....with a remote speaker above the rearview mirror...
Unread 11-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #18
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbauersmom View Post
it's a uniden 510xl by the way.
thanks for the clarification.

Here is my antenna mount. Don't mind the scratches, it gets used.

bebout is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 10:23 PM   #19
zac87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thanx a bunch for the help bebout. did you cut a whole for the coax cable? my buddy gave me a magnetic antenna earlier today. idk if i'll use it tho
i may look tomorrow to see if i could do what muskyslayr did with the radio
'97 TJ, 4.0L 5 speed, locker in front, Skyjacker 4in suspension, BFG AT 33x12.5, black cragar soft 8's, Bushwacker flares, Quick dicos, hardtop/doors, Safari doors, 2002 wrangler seats, tube bumpers front and rear, Skyjacker steering stabilizer, Tuffy glove box, cheap foglights, new paint ;)

SOLD: '88 YJ, 4.2L 5 speed, 31 bogs, KC fogs, herculined inside, straight piped
zac87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 10:33 PM   #20
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

yeah, there is a hole drilled behind the mount for the cable to come through. I then filled in the remaining area with a black RTV to keep the water out. You could also use the bumper to mount, but whatever you mount it to make sure to use a spring at the bottom or you'll lose your antenna before long.(I found out the hard way).
Unread 11-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #21
jeepxguy_02
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I mounted mine IN my center console. Its out of the way and out of site from theives. My buddy had his on his dash and it got stolen with in a week of getting it. Sorry no pics Im currently out of country and missing my Jeep bad.
jeepxguy_02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 12:00 AM   #22
bebout
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepxguy_02 View Post
I mounted mine IN my center console. Its out of the way and out of site from theives. My buddy had his on his dash and it got stolen with in a week of getting it. Sorry no pics Im currently out of country and missing my Jeep bad.
I was thinking of mounting mine in there as well, but didn't really want to take up the space in there. I figured if they want it bad enough they can have it, but they better not let me catch them.
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #23
shovelhead
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i have a tuffy overhead for my radio so i installed a small uniden in the dash where the radio went
shovelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 05:56 AM   #24
sportcoupe
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I put both my radio and CB in-dash.

sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 06:01 AM   #25
MayhemTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

me and my cousin are puttin ours in today... were both mounting the antennas to the rear bumper... im putting mine on the center console, low by the 4wd shifter. (until i can afford the overhead console) hes still undecided, theres no room there in the jk.

pics tonight maybe
HIS: '04 Khaki Wrangler DD, 31x10.5x15 trxus M/T's, 15x8 Black Crager soft 8's, RC 2.5" suspension lift, 3/4 RC coil spacers, RC 2.2 Performance shocks and steering stabilizer, Rock sliders, frnt/rear tow points, 48" HiLift jack

HERS: '07 Grand Cherokee Laredo she wont let me take it off road :( but she will let me make the payments! lol
MayhemTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 06:46 AM   #26
gmiller0737
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Here is what I did I went to a local chain link fence place and purchased 2 clamps made for chain link fence bracing and a piece of top rail long enough to go between the factory TJ roll bar,I attached the top rail to the factory roll bar with the clamps then attached the cb's bracket to the top rail covered with black foam pipe insulation from Home Depot looks great + CB is out of the way but still accessible
gmiller0737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #27
MayhemTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmiller0737 View Post
Here is what I did I went to a local chain link fence place and purchased 2 clamps made for chain link fence bracing and a piece of top rail long enough to go between the factory TJ roll bar,I attached the top rail to the factory roll bar with the clamps then attached the cb's bracket to the top rail covered with black foam pipe insulation from Home Depot looks great + CB is out of the way but still accessible
that could be an option, but, living outside of boston and going there for work everyday and parking in a lot for 8+ hours w/ a soft top, not a good idea. definately creative though.
HIS: '04 Khaki Wrangler DD, 31x10.5x15 trxus M/T's, 15x8 Black Crager soft 8's, RC 2.5" suspension lift, 3/4 RC coil spacers, RC 2.2 Performance shocks and steering stabilizer, Rock sliders, frnt/rear tow points, 48" HiLift jack

HERS: '07 Grand Cherokee Laredo she wont let me take it off road :( but she will let me make the payments! lol
MayhemTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #28
FritzTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepoutfitter.com/cb-radi...cb-tj-749.html

Check this out. This is what I have and It works flawllessly. You need to use a smaller sized CB Though.
BUT for $24 no rattles or drilling.
Unread 11-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #29
rroadkilll
1997 TJ Wrangler 

This is where I mounted mine... It has a front speaker...

I'll try to get a finished pic...
I can't wait to tear it up in the mall parking lot with you some day Jay... we could park on each other's tires all flexed out taking up 4 parking spots, walk in the mall with our jeep keys dangling for everyone to see, hit up some abercrombie and fitch, then go back outside and hang out by the jeeps for a few hours... maybe get risky and drive over some curbs.. :highfive:
rroadkilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 07:56 AM   #30
Jeepkid09
1997 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/where-did-you-put-your-cb-624626/

here look at that
Jeepkid09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.